Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark wearing the Pearl Poire tiara during the state visit to Germany:

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...-in-bellevue-picture-id1236482378?s=2048x2048

The tiara was a bejeweled reminder of the monarchs’ family heritage, dating all the way back to its first owner, Princess Louise of Prussia, who most presumably got this tiara as a wedding present from her father, King Friedrich Wilhelm III of Prussia.

One pearl was missing after HM entered the Schloss ( See when She is sitting)

I thought the same, but even on this picture, you see how the two pearls look like they are missing, but are well hidden behind the frame...don't know.

Well spotted Maria Olivia I wouldn't have noticed that myself.

And for the return Event HM is wearing the baden palmette tiara, a diamond riviere and a pearl brooch.

...her two tiaras with a German background! Certainly this was not a coincidence. I'm really surprised (pleasantly, of course) that she wore a second tiara today. Wonderful to see the Baden Palmette once again.

I'm very curious about her earrings. Do they have a name?

The eagle pops up again at various interview points in this entirely Danish video from 2002.

If it really is an eagle.

I'm guessing it might be one of HM's modern pieces, of which she has a trove. (I'm sure somebody will tell me it's old, and that's fine too. At least we'd know what it was.)

It may have been a dream, but I vaguely remember seeing a website/article with HQ studio photos of HM's jewels in connection with the upcoming exhibition from her private collection. I remember a new photo of the pearl parure and the the ruby horse shoe brooch, among others. Can someone point me to that site/article, please?

That will be a very interesting exhibition at the Amalienborg Museum!

Thank you, the article led me to the Amalienborg Museum's website and I realised that's where I saw the pics.
I'm really happy I'm not going mad LOL

I like her convenience store earrings. It's good they aren't being snobs about it.

It is time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom