Queen Máxima Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to this post and with the pictures from Sweden, there is the "Juliana" (biggest) setting, and then there are at least two "Maxima" (smaller) ones. https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2016/07/the-stuart-tiara.html

The one she wore in Sweden may not be original to her, but no one seems to have actually worn it on head like that in generations.

maxima-herdraagt-iconische-sari-tijdens-zweeds-staatsbanket

In this article you see four versions
https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/maxima-herdraagt-iconische-sari-tijdens-zweeds-staatsbanket/

That version with the purple Jan Taminau is gorgeous! Almost looks like an entirely different piece of bling.

The best tiaras are apparently made out of diamond Legos, who knew?

A really lovely pair of sapphire and diamond earrings :previous:

:previous::previous:
Berger - Aretes de zafiro y diamantes
"Earhangers with 26 oval-cut sapphires of 12.62 carats and diamonds, mounted in white gold."

But no price is mentioned on the site.

A really lovely pair of sapphire and diamond earrings :previous:

Lovely as the pair is, query why she would buy a another pair of diamond and sapphire earrings? I can only imagine she is building up a treasure trove that can be presented to each of her younger daughters.

The Queen has a tendency to wear heavier brooches there. It may have to do with the weight. Queen Juliana once had a dress torn when wearing one of the bigger brooches of the collection (bow brooch of the Stuart set IIRC). The material of most dresses today will be lighter, so even more at risk. They may have found a way to give the jewels some extra support around that area.

HM is wearing part of the stomacher, hanging from a brooch, and it is on her stomach. So I don't see the problem perse.

It is no good in letting these jewels gather dust in the vaults, these pieces need to be worn. And as there are less and less events where they can be worn I am happy that HM ceases every opportunity to do so.

Last edited:
I honestly do not remember where I read this, but it was on a Royal site…..one of the tricks to wearing pins, brooches, etc., was given.

A piece of fabric is put underneath the clothing where the pin will be worn. This gives support to the fabric so the pin can be worn. It also helps prevent holes from forming. When I was working in a school district, students always gave me small pins, not heavy jeweled pins like Royalty wears. Even those small pins would begin to pull on the fabric and the “pin” itself would leave holes. After I started using a piece of fabric for support I did not have that trouble.

** Full view ** Upper part ** gallery

Good to see Maxima get out the large ferm brooch for the return event in Athens last night. It is a difficult brooch to use well, but she has given it a good go here.

I am not particularly fond of these earrings that she has fashioned out of the Stweart Diamond tiara. I think theu are too large, and lack a delicacy of design.

Last edited:

Good to see Maxima get out the large ferm brooch for the return event in Athens last night. It is a difficult brooch to use well, but she has given it a good go here.

Really beautiful the queen wears them all well.

What a nice surprise. I am glad HM is taking the bigger pieces out so often. The smaller ones we will soon see on her daughter(s) anyway. Nice to see some pearls added to the top, though it is not the grandest version of this tiara.

Queen Beatrix usually combined this tiara with Pss Amalia's pearls. And although these strings are lovely I wonder why Queen Máxima has not worn these pearls yet, since it is the eldest piece of the collection.

For the Italian state visit I like the combo of 5-strand pearl necklace, simple earrings and the pearls on the tiara. Apparently, this is the third time at least that Queen Maxima has worn this tiara: state visit to Japan; a diplomatic function in the Netherlands; and now tonight. This is the first time with the pearls on the tops.

I don't think anyone can beat the Beatrix wedding version of that tiara — it was like a pearl castle! (And a personal fave.)

Nice that Maxima keeps things in rotation, but either she has other tiaras that work better (she does) or the setting/dress/occasion/placement for this one needs to be changed for it to work more effectively. Something.

I don't think anyone can beat the Beatrix wedding version of that tiara — it was like a pearl castle! (And a personal fave.)

Nice that Maxima keeps things in rotation, but either she has other tiaras that work better (she does) or the setting/dress/occasion/placement for this one needs to be changed for it to work more effectively. Something.

This is a tiara that can be slightly difficult to wear, and I do not think Maxima has ever got it right. Given how "high" a tiara it is, I believe it needs to be positioned further back, at an angle, to stop it looking like a cathedral.

Also, given the high central point of the tiara, I think the hair needs to be styled in a symmetrical fashion, so as to not make the tiara look askew. Unfortunately, this happened last night, and again in Tokyo in 2013.

Love it! I would have added a brooch to the sash, it looks like something is missing (at least for Maxima’s standards).

Love it! I would have added a brooch to the sash, it looks like something is missing (at least for Maxima’s standards).

Exactly my thoughts ,the look was not complete without a brooch!

I normally don't like her tutti-frutti jewels, but the necklace is actually working with the simpleness of her dress.

https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2022/PPE22111058.jpg
I have never like this tutti-frutti necklace on Queen Maxima. Queen Maxima has narrow shoulders and warm colouring and this necklace looks heavy and may be set in a white metal. To me, it's all wrong for her and I wish she had not acquired it no matter how she acquired it (purchase or gift).

Back
Top Bottom