Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
modekoninginmaxima counted that the Queen has worn 17 tiaras since she has become a member of the Dutch RF:

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/juwelen-diademen/deze-17-diademen-heeft-maxima-inmiddels-gedragen

I believe the only tiaras of the collection that Queen Máxima has never worn are the laurel and the ears of wheat tiaras.

I think that is correct. Max has done a good job of working through the collection and settling on the 6-7 tiara's and their variations that work for her.

modekoninginmaxima counted that the Queen has worn 17 tiaras since she has become a member of the Dutch RF:

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/juwelen-diademen/deze-17-diademen-heeft-maxima-inmiddels-gedragen

I believe the only tiaras of the collection that Queen Máxima has never worn are the laurel and the ears of wheat tiaras.
Yes, the laurel and ears-of-wheat tiaras are still on her to-do list. Though I'm not sure that she likes them very much, or she would already have worn them. But I wonder if she'll come up with some more nice ideas for creating new tiara versions in the future. She was the first to be seen with the small setting of the Stuart tiara, or the enthronement version of the large sapphire tiara. The small sapphire tiara, the pearl version of the emerald parure, the festoon necklace tiara all appeared since she joined the family. I hope that she will come up with some more surprises for us.

Tiara wise I am not sure we are in for many more surprises. She has resuscitated the Dutch tiaras collection in a way that surpassed the expectations. The only mystery that is there is if upper part of the old Van Kempen tiara is still around, as one poster at the RJWMB claimed in the past.

The Laurel and Ears of Wheat tiaras I do not expect on the Queen any more but you never know. They will be great starting tiaras for the Princess of Orange of course. As the Laurel tiara was the first tiara worn by Pss Beatrix it would be nice to see it on the princess in a few years.

Yes, the laurel and ears-of-wheat tiaras are still on her to-do list. Though I'm not sure that she likes them very much, or she would already have worn them. But I wonder if she'll come up with some more nice ideas for creating new tiara versions in the future. She was the first to be seen with the small setting of the Stuart tiara, or the enthronement version of the large sapphire tiara. The small sapphire tiara, the pearl version of the emerald parure, the festoon necklace tiara all appeared since she joined the family. I hope that she will come up with some more surprises for us.

You are right, Maxima is quite creative. We have seen the emerald brooch get added to the emerald necklace as a pendant, as well as to a plain diamond collet necklace. I have no doubt she will continue to innovate and surprise us all.

She has also added to the collection, amongst others with the Tutti Frutti necklace, and the emerald and diamond earrings. Lets hope she adds something on amethysts or turquoise soon.

Tiara wise I am not sure we are in for many more surprises. She has resuscitated the Dutch tiaras collection in a way that surpassed the expectations. The only mystery that is there is if upper part of the old Van Kempen tiara is still around, as one poster at the RJWMB claimed in the past.

The Laurel and Ears of Wheat tiaras I do not expect on the Queen any more but you never know. They will be great starting tiaras for the Princess of Orange of course. As the Laurel tiara was the first tiara worn by Pss Beatrix it would be nice to see it on the princess in a few years.
Many of the tiara surprises over the past two decades came completely out of the blue. Who had ever thought that the sapphire necklace might be turned into a tiara? Or that the large sapphire tiara had a second setting? That pearls could be mounted on the emerald tiara? That the pearl buttons could be exchanged with the diamond stars?

Somehow I still hope that Maxima (or the court jeweler) comes up with other nice ideas. Maybe a new surge of creativity will be triggered by the three princesses starting to wear tiara in a few years. They will have enough tiaras to wear, of course, because the Dutch collection holds many suitable tiaras for young ladies. But if the princesses want to play around a bit they can probably count on their mother's support.

Queen Emma's aigrette is an amazing piece of jewellery, it would be great to see Maxima use it again sometime.

I agree, the aigrette is stunning. It looks beautiful both as a brooch or in the hair with the proper hair style to show it off.

Maxima can rock such big jewels. Something she has in common with Camilla. Some royals like Letizia and Kate look better in the more delicate.

I agree, the aigrette is stunning. It looks beautiful both as a brooch or in the hair with the proper hair style to show it off.

Maxima can rock such big jewels. Something she has in common with Camilla. Some royals like Letizia and Kate look better in the more delicate.

I think Kate has potential as a great wearer of royal heirloom jewellery. She has worn some serious royal jewellery well, including the Queen Alexandra wedding necklace, the Nizam necklace at the Diplomatic Reception last year and the Greville ruby and diamond necklace.

I think Kate has potential as a great wearer of royal heirloom jewellery. She has worn some serious royal jewellery well, including the Queen Alexandra wedding necklace, the Nizam necklace at the Diplomatic Reception last year and the Greville ruby and diamond necklace.

Heirloom jewelry doesn't mean massive pieces. There are plenty of beautiful more delicate pieces in the family trove.

Personally I find the larger necklaces, and even things like the Cambridge knott swallow her up a bit. She looked better in the more delicate tiaras like the lotus tiara.

Maxima and Camilla on the other hand have the presence for the huge tiaras without looking like they are lost in them. And bigger jewels as well.

Personally I find the larger necklaces, and even things like the Cambridge knott swallow her up a bit. She looked better in the more delicate tiaras like the lotus tiara.

I thought she wore the Queen Alexandra wedding necklace at the State Banquet for the Dutch with elan. A lot of this is about confidence and being comfortable in the role, which I think she increasingly is. This is in marked contrast to her first outinf of the Nizam necklace in 2014 at the National Portrait Gallery, where I felt she as lacking in confidence.

Please keep the thread on topic, it's about Queen Maxima's jewels.
You are right, a lot of things came out of the blue. The biggest surprises were perhaps the least spectacular ones. Queen Emma's Aigrette and Queen Wilhelmina's diamond comb both had not been seen for nearly a century or more.
Those two jewels are lovely, I adore them both. So elegant and delicate, perfect to add some sparkle to a black tie event. I especially loved how Maxima added the diamond comb to the back of her bun at Victoria's pre-wedding.

Princess Margriet had already worn the diamond aigrette at the Stuyvesantball in 2001, but those pictures flew pretty much under the radar. So Maxima wearing it for the first time caught me completely unaware.

I had forgotten all about Pss Margriet wearing the Aigrette, thanks for the reminder! And it appears that the Aigrette was used by Queen Juliana as well:

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/juwelen-broches/oranjejuwelen-de-diamanten-aigrette

The base of Queen WIlhelmina's comb seems to be too round to be worn as a normal tiara, but if they would place it on a more flexible frame and add f.e. Q. Beatrix Mellerio roses on top there would be a usable tiara. Not that the Dutch collection is in dire need of more tiaras with a small base & big prongs of course as there are four others around (Pearl button, Q'Anna's Pavlovnik, Juliana's aquamarine and the -IMHO ghastly- emerald tiara).

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks for reminding me about Queen Juliana. I'm probably too focused on tiaras and jewels worn in the hair, so I didn't take note of that before.

Wouldn't the Mellerio roses look a bit top-heavy on that delicate hair-comb? I'm not so sure, but maybe the roses would fit better on the base of the pearl buttons tiara.

Perhaps you are right, the comb is indeed small, and considering there are five of them they could make an addition to the pearl-button / star tiara. The roses seem to belong to Princess Beatrix, who hopefully will be able to enjoy them for many years to come.

Well, I wouldn't mind if Princess Beatrix herself wore those roses on a tiara.;) Though all in all, Queen Maxima seems to be the one who most enjoys being creative with the jewellery.

Queen Máxima was seen with a small modern diamond and sapphire pendant last night. According to Josine Droogendijk of modekoninginmaxima, the piece was made by Asscher diamonds in Amsterdam.

The tiny sapphires in the diamond globe can move. Princess Beatrix had ordered cufflinks in a simular style for her sons . Princess Laurentien was seen with a simular pendant.

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/m...n/koninklijk-gezin-nieuwe-outfits-bij-concert (scroll down)

Last edited:
A nice new addition to the queen's jewel chest wonder if its an early 50th birthday gift?

As Laurentien was seen with a simular pendant I doubt that.

Nice and very personal and yes the queen certainly has a nice jewel chest, some clunky modern bits that I don't care for.

A bit a shame of the diamonds and precious materials. How much of this sort of bracelets can one have?

Queen Máxima Jewellery 30.4.2013 -

Maybe every daughter will get one as a memento to their family of 5 when they go of to start their own family.

And the rings Maxima got for the birth of each daughter would be a nice present when the daughter has her first child.

Point de vue posted an article about Maxima’s personal jewelry.
https://www.pointdevue.fr/familles...-bijoux-de-coeur-de-la-reine-maxima_4915.html

Last edited:
The Queen is wearing the smaller version of the Stuart tiara in Germany tonight. Two big diamonds of the tiara were used as earrings. She has added the big diamond rivière and the bracelets that were made from Juliana's dismantled bracelet of the Indies.

Added: in Luxembourg a diamond was still added above the middle part of the tiara. Now that diamond seems to be missing.

Last edited:
Wow, she looks stunning! I really didn't expect Maxima to dig out one of her grandest sparklers for a corona-time visit to a republic.
I'm looking forward to better pictures! :D

The jewels tonight are simply amazing and were very well selected.

Also surprised that Máxima brought her most important tiara (although in a smaller setting) out for a black tie State Banquet. After seeing better pics it is different then when worn in Luxembourg as this time there is no diamond in top in the Center. I have to say i prefer it how she has worn in Luxembourg as it looks a bit empty now on the Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom