Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the emeralds were not only very symbolic for a visit to Ireland, she also wore them beautifully with a lovely hairstyle. The rubies were also a good choice for Japan, red and white being the colours of the Japanese flag. But the hairstyle was not successful at all, imo.

I agree the hairstyle and choice of gown both let down the tiara event in Japan which was a shame.

Yes if she had worn her hair in an elegant updoo in Japan it would have improved her look.

I'm so in Love with that pink gown with the simple bandeau. Which a great shade of pink. Love the Dutch Jewels!!

Mixed reviews as I am going for the Pavlovnik Pearl as my favorite of the year. A pity that there were so few tiaras this year though.

I would not be surprised if we would see the emerald tiara again in 2020 during the Indonesian SV. The archipeligo is also known as the 'Emerald Girdle' in The Netherlands.

Mixed reviews as I am going for the Pavlovnik Pearl as my favorite of the year. A pity that there were so few tiaras this year though.

Actually Queen Máxima had quiet much tiara appearances this year compared to the other royal ladies. WEven the swedsih royal ladies had quiet few this yeear.

Does anyone know a website which provides a catalogue of all the publicly worn jewellery owned by Queen Máxima?

very pretty - i love that both beatrix and maxima use it, i find it a sweet mother and daughter in law connection.

I would not be surprised if we would see the emerald tiara again in 2020 during the Indonesian SV. The archipeligo is also known as the 'Emerald Girdle' in The Netherlands.

My choice is the pearl tiara too... I simply love it.

Its really pretty and its the type of jewels I wish Queen Máxima would wear more often as opposed to all the chunky plastic modern pieces.

I am not a fan of Max's "chunky plastic modern pieces", but those tend to be used more in the day time, and jewellery like this in the evenings at events that do not require the "full monty"

We first saw the necklace in 2013, after the inauguration. Perhaps it was a gift from a royal from the Middle East who attended the event. I find the design a bit unbalanced TBH, though the stones are mixing well together. A nice light & 'girly' necklace that will look well on her daughters in a few years.

A pity that the Queen has never worn the Mellerio sapphire necklace as a necklace yet BTW.

Its really pretty and its the type of jewels I wish Queen Máxima would wear more often as opposed to all the chunky plastic modern pieces.

To be fair: she very seldomly wears plastic for low key outings but bijoux artisanale like leather, coral, silver, white beryl, gold-plated materials, green jade, blue turquoise, colourless crystals, natural cork, different colours of quartz, bird feathers, orange citrine, polished steel, shells, black onyx, sweet-water pearls, polished wood, etc. One would be shocked to see the price tag of this "modern bijoux" for normal daywear.

Last edited:
We first saw the necklace in 2013, after the inauguration. Perhaps it was a gift from a royal from the Middle East who attended the event.

It is entirely possible it was a gift, but then again, Max has been known to add to the jewellery collection selectively. For example, the emerald and diamond pendant earrings, the Tutti-frutti necklace and bracelet, the pearl and diamond earrings).

A pity that the Queen has never worn the Mellerio sapphire necklace as a necklace yet BTW.

I had noticed that, I cannot claim to be a fan of that necklace. Also, in recent years, fashion trends have made necklines on evening gowns quite high, making necklaces redundant. That could well change quite soon, and we may well see Max bring out the big and klunky sapphire and diamond necklace.

We first saw the necklace in 2013, after the inauguration. Perhaps it was a gift from a royal from the Middle East who attended the event. I find the design a bit unbalanced TBH, though the stones are mixing well together. A nice light & 'girly' necklace that will look well on her daughters in a few years.

I was wondering if it was new or if it had been stored away for decades in an Orange Vault.

I was wondering if it was new or if it had been stored away for decades in an Orange Vault.

That is indeed possible, but looking at the subtle gradations in the colours, I get the sense that this is a modern demi-parure

muriel said:
It is entirely possible it was a gift, but then again, Max has been known to add to the jewellery collection selectively. For example, the emerald and diamond pendant earrings, the Tutti-frutti necklace and bracelet, the pearl and diamond earrings).

True. But perhaps adding more sapphires to the collection would not be a priority. Esp. as the set does not mix with the other sapphire pieces that the family has. But it is likely that we will never know for sure.

muriel said:
I had noticed that, I cannot claim to be a fan of that necklace. Also, in recent years, fashion trends have made necklines on evening gowns quite high, making necklaces redundant. That could well change quite soon, and we may well see Max bring out the big and klunky sapphire and diamond necklace.

I am all for big and klunky necklaces, with or without sapphires ;). But you are right, with today's fashion they do not seem to be very much en vogue, esp. not with the younger royals.

I am all for big and klunky necklaces, with or without sapphires ;). But you are right, with today's fashion they do not seem to be very much en vogue, esp. not with the younger royals.

Indeed.

The only saving grace can be the "younger royals" are not that young any more, with Max, Leti, Mary and MAthilde pushing 50, and Catherine not that far from 40 herself. :flowers:

Possibly two centre rosettes from Queen Emma's floral motif diadem?

See: http://hbznl.h-cdn.co/assets/16/45/980x653/gettyimages-621562718.jpg

They really are a beautiful pair of diamond earrings.

@Duc_et_Pair: I think you are right, they do look like they come from Queen Emma's tiara.

@An Ard Ri: They are a great pair of earrings, and one that Max can use quiet regularly as "everyday" earrings.

What I am intrigued by is they indeed were from Queen Emma's tiara, will that tiara soom re-emerge with some other coloured stones? I always thought the ruby centre setting in Queen Emma's tiara, as used by Laurentien, had potential, if the two side elements also had co-ordinated colour stones. Might we see Amethysts, sapphires, turquoises or even citrines appear in Queen Emma's tiara?

@Duc_et_Pair: I think you are right, they do look like they come from Queen Emma's tiara.

@An Ard Ri: They are a great pair of earrings, and one that Max can use quiet regularly as "everyday" earrings.

What I am intrigued by is they indeed were from Queen Emma's tiara, will that tiara soom re-emerge with some other coloured stones? I always thought the ruby centre setting in Queen Emma's tiara, as used by Laurentien, had potential, if the two side elements also had co-ordinated colour stones. Might we see Amethysts, sapphires, turquoises or even citrines appear in Queen Emma's tiara?

Here you see Queen Beatrix with the three centre stones replaced for rubies:
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wwzuuDFN...egeer+for+Queen+Emma+now+Queen+Beatrix+10.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom