Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stunning Sapphire tiara that should be solely reserved for the queen's use only.

Actually it has only be worn by the Queen or in the cases of Beatrix and Juliana as Crown Princess (but then Juliana had inherited it from Queen Emma). Máxima has only stared to wear it since she became Queen.

This is truly the most magnificent tiara in the world sapphire arsenal. It is so amazing, so versatile, so stunningly, jaw-droppingly fabulous. So fantastic, in fact, that Maxima was even a little intimidated by its sheer awesomeness.

Maxima wore the second version for the enthronement of her husband, King Willem Alexander, and that version itself was magnificent enough to drop more than a few jaws. That and the fact that because of her mother-in-law's go-to hairstyle had almost always hidden the band of sapphires at its base.

It wasn't until its second outing that Max decided the time was now!

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/63/81/25/638125fe821356cb913d05f9235a0c9b.jpg

https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/401453754260047949/

She also chose it for an official portrait.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a2/74/9c/a2749c3b83da416b7bb6a9574888f58a.jpg

IIRC the only times the tiara was used by somebody other than the Queen was once by (Crown) Princess Beatrix, for the wedding of the Danish crown princess. (Crown) princess Juliana inherited the tiara from her grandmother Queen Emma directly and has used it a few times during her time as princess.

The tiara has surprised me. I never found it particulary appealing on Queen Beatrix but on the present Queen it is indeed a breathtaking item which surely is competing with the best sapphire tiaras around (IMHO the ones of Queen Silvia and the tiaras of the late Countess of Paris, now in the Louvre).

Indeed, the Dutch vault has so many big gun tiaras and one of my favorite is The Dutch Sapphire Tiara and The Stuart Tiara.

The diamond bandeau gets an outing in New Delhi today, along with the earrings put together from stones from the Stuart diamond tiara.

Last edited:
Simple but elegant and very effective at the State Gala.

What a nice surprise:: a tiara after all! nd the bandeau no less. The Romanov devant corsage almost disappears in the pattern. She is also wearing two smaller diamonds of the Stuart diadem as earrings and the honeycomb bracelet.

Last edited:
What a nice surprise:: a tiara after all! nd the bandeau no less. The Romanov devant corsage almost disappears in the pattern. She is also wearing two smaller diamonds of the Stuart diadem as earrings and the honeycomb bracelet.

You're right about the brooch almost disappearing. I actually didnt even really notice it until you pointed it out to me.

I think the diamond bandeau was the perfect tiara choice. A tiara but nothing too imposing for this state trip. Looks wonderful with the gown.

Very few royal women rock the jewels like Max. Camilla is one of the only ones who can hold her own with Max in the big gun jewels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it! Dress, Incredible!!! Jewels perfect!!

The bandeau and those huge earrings! The brooch wasn’t needed and couldn’t be noticed, only on second or third look. Her aqua earrings and brooch from the daytime were just splendid but didn’t make up for the hideous grey lace,dress

This Romanov brooch is often worn with a pink dress, as it contains pink diamonds. I suppose the disappearance only happens in photos. In reality diamonds do glitter so I am sure they didn't fade away completely on the dress. In the video clip the brooch is much more noticeable f.e.

During the day the Queen wore much of a parure: the aquamarine drop pendant as brooch, the large aquamarine square brooch was attached to the hat, two aquamarine drop earrings and a shortened version of the aquamarine necklace was used as a bracelet. A pity that the curious netting of the outfit stole all the attention...

Last edited:
The brooch really gets lost in that gown. Perhaps it would gave been better te leave it off and use instead a diamond riviere.

I agree with Marengo, the brooch must sparkle a lot with movement. Also, I think that the gown simply called for a brooch to be place in that particular spot, right where the folds from the bodice meet the sleeve.

How surprising that the banquet was black tie and that Maxima could wear a tiara. The diamond bandeau such a sleek elegance, it's always a pleasure to see it worn. I had thought that the last few State Visits from monarchies to India have had banquets with suits and short dresses, or am I mistaken?

How surprising that the banquet was black tie and that Maxima could wear a tiara.

Maxima always wears tiaras for black tie state banquets.
New Zealand - http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Maxima+King+Willem+Alexander+Queen+Maxima+W2NnurIGye-l.jpg
Ireland - https://www.therealmyroyals.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/34.jpg
Canada - https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6vsDkddDwhg/VWbmzV0xbhI/AAAAAAAApJo/ZoO7KXEFIwc/s600/Queen-Maxima-0.jpg

I had thought that the last few State Visits from monarchies to India have had banquets with suits and short dresses, or am I mistaken?

No, Belgian state visit to India was also black tie. But Mathilde didn't wear a tiara.
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/2d/2b/bc/2d2bbc188f469baf14fe5f48e17088e8.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, I though it had been another dress code. Mathilde has worn tiaras for black tie banquets before, like in Poland. So she was a bit inconsistent there.

:previous:
I think the president decides what the dress code is. It was business suits for a while and now it’s black tie again. Same thing happened in Ireland.

Thank you max for wearing it! Can someone direct me to more on the brooch, absolutely breathtaking

Thank you max for wearing it! Can someone direct me to more on the brooch, absolutely breathtaking

There is more info here:
The Dutch Diamond and Pearl Devant de Corsage | The Court Jeweller

The brooch was worn by Queen Sophie of the Netherlands, née Pss of Württemberg. What is known about it before is that the diamonds and pearls that were used were inherited from her mother, Grand Duchess Catherina Pavlovna of Russia, first Dss of Oldenburg and later Queen of Württemberg. They were supposed to be acquired by the Czar. The brooch contains six pink diamonds.

Last edited:
Queen Maxima has not disappointed with the jewels that she's worn in India. She even brought back out her beautiful orange-stone bracelet which is one of the prettiest pieces that she wears. I see her trying to get the right jewels with the right outfit and that's much better than when she was first married decades ago and things were just plonked on. I wonder if we'll ever be told the origins of some of her ice.

It looks better as a necklace.

My personal favourite were the emeralds in Ireland and my least was the ruby appearance in Japan.

My personal favourite were the emeralds in Ireland and my least was the ruby appearance in Japan.
I agree, the emeralds were not only very symbolic for a visit to Ireland, she also wore them beautifully with a lovely hairstyle. The rubies were also a good choice for Japan, red and white being the colours of the Japanese flag. But the hairstyle was not successful at all, imo.

But it's also nice to see Maxima varying her tiaras all the time. She really makes the best of the astonishing Dutch jewellery collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom