The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 10-31-2022, 10:33 PM
Administrator

The Queen has a tendency to wear heavier brooches there. It may have to do with the weight. Queen Juliana once had a dress torn when wearing one of the bigger brooches of the collection (bow brooch of the Stuart set IIRC). The material of most dresses today will be lighter, so even more at risk. They may have found a way to give the jewels some extra support around that area.

HM is wearing part of the stomacher, hanging from a brooch, and it is on her stomach. So I don't see the problem perse.

It is no good in letting these jewels gather dust in the vaults, these pieces need to be worn. And as there are less and less events where they can be worn I am happy that HM ceases every opportunity to do so.
Old 11-01-2022, 01:01 AM
Courtier

I honestly do not remember where I read this, but it was on a Royal site…..one of the tricks to wearing pins, brooches, etc., was given.

A piece of fabric is put underneath the clothing where the pin will be worn. This gives support to the fabric so the pin can be worn. It also helps prevent holes from forming. When I was working in a school district, students always gave me small pins, not heavy jeweled pins like Royalty wears. Even those small pins would begin to pull on the fabric and the “pin” itself would leave holes. After I started using a piece of fabric for support I did not have that trouble.
Old 11-01-2022, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Mellerio Ruby Tiara for the Queen in Athens tonight

https://editorial01.shutterstock.com...13602410ao.jpg
Not my favourite Dutch tiara but happy to see one being worn.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

** Full view ** Upper part ** gallery

Good to see Maxima get out the large ferm brooch for the return event in Athens last night. It is a difficult brooch to use well, but she has given it a good go here.

I am not particularly fond of these earrings that she has fashioned out of the Stweart Diamond tiara. I think theu are too large, and lack a delicacy of design.
Old 11-02-2022, 07:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

This brooch is very beautiful!

And a new brooch for today 2 November

A tulip for Netherlands and olive branch for Greece

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/ma...akelijke-look/
Old 11-02-2022, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

Good to see Maxima get out the large ferm brooch for the return event in Athens last night. It is a difficult brooch to use well, but she has given it a good go here.
Really beautiful the queen wears them all well.
Old 11-09-2022, 01:29 PM
Aristocracy

Maxima is using a pearl earring today

Full view
Old 11-09-2022, 03:18 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Maxima is wearing the Württemberg Ornate Pearl Tiara plus a pearls necklace tonight

Upper view

tiara view

Beatrix' wedding tiara

Full view
Old 11-09-2022, 04:07 PM
Administrator

What a nice surprise. I am glad HM is taking the bigger pieces out so often. The smaller ones we will soon see on her daughter(s) anyway. Nice to see some pearls added to the top, though it is not the grandest version of this tiara.

Queen Beatrix usually combined this tiara with Pss Amalia's pearls. And although these strings are lovely I wonder why Queen Máxima has not worn these pearls yet, since it is the eldest piece of the collection.
Old 11-09-2022, 08:16 PM
Courtier

For the Italian state visit I like the combo of 5-strand pearl necklace, simple earrings and the pearls on the tiara. Apparently, this is the third time at least that Queen Maxima has worn this tiara: state visit to Japan; a diplomatic function in the Netherlands; and now tonight. This is the first time with the pearls on the tops.
Old 11-09-2022, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think anyone can beat the Beatrix wedding version of that tiara — it was like a pearl castle! (And a personal fave.)

Nice that Maxima keeps things in rotation, but either she has other tiaras that work better (she does) or the setting/dress/occasion/placement for this one needs to be changed for it to work more effectively. Something.
Old 11-10-2022, 02:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
I don't think anyone can beat the Beatrix wedding version of that tiara — it was like a pearl castle! (And a personal fave.)

Nice that Maxima keeps things in rotation, but either she has other tiaras that work better (she does) or the setting/dress/occasion/placement for this one needs to be changed for it to work more effectively. Something.
This is a tiara that can be slightly difficult to wear, and I do not think Maxima has ever got it right. Given how "high" a tiara it is, I believe it needs to be positioned further back, at an angle, to stop it looking like a cathedral.

Also, given the high central point of the tiara, I think the hair needs to be styled in a symmetrical fashion, so as to not make the tiara look askew. Unfortunately, this happened last night, and again in Tokyo in 2013.
Old 11-10-2022, 03:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by doro View Post
Queen Maxima is wearing the Württemberg Ornate Pearl Tiara plus a pearls necklace tonight

Upper view

tiara view

Beatrix' wedding tiara

Full view

Majestic tiara!!! And perfect compination with the necklace!
Old 11-10-2022, 03:45 AM
Aristocracy

Love it! I would have added a brooch to the sash, it looks like something is missing (at least for Maxima’s standards).
Old 11-10-2022, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGio View Post
Love it! I would have added a brooch to the sash, it looks like something is missing (at least for Maxima’s standards).
Exactly my thoughts ,the look was not complete without a brooch!
Old 11-10-2022, 03:59 PM
Aristocracy

Maxima wears her tutti-frutti necklace tonight

image from Josine Droogendijk's twitter
Old 11-10-2022, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

I normally don't like her tutti-frutti jewels, but the necklace is actually working with the simpleness of her dress.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:

Upper view

tiara view

Beatrix' wedding tiara

Full view
I normally dislike the huge tiaras, but I think wearing a huge necklace is the key to balancing it out. This is a good look, jewelry-wise.
Old 11-10-2022, 08:54 PM
Courtier

https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov...PE22111058.jpg
I have never like this tutti-frutti necklace on Queen Maxima. Queen Maxima has narrow shoulders and warm colouring and this necklace looks heavy and may be set in a white metal. To me, it's all wrong for her and I wish she had not acquired it no matter how she acquired it (purchase or gift).
Old 11-10-2022, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Maxima wears her tutti-frutti necklace tonight

image from Josine Droogendijk's twitter

I love that necklace so, so much

Tags
jewels, queen maxima