The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 10-12-2022, 09:40 AM
Administrator

A pity that the Stuart diamond was not worn. the light blue shade would go perfectly with the sash of the Seraphim, but very nice to see the tiara again. I am sure Queen Silvia will have appreciated it.

The Queen wore the bow brooch of Queen Sophie, which has a pink diamond. Perhaps that was a reason for the blue-ish Stuart not to be used. I agree, it would be nice to see the diamond as a pendant as well.
Old 10-12-2022, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

It's amazing how versatile this house diamond tiara is! Imo, this is the most beautiful and most balanced version so far.

But there is one think that I don't get: Why on earth is Maxima the first who explores the different versions of this tiara? Queen Juliana wore it frequently, but kept to the excessively large Stuart diamond version. Queen Beatrix, on the other hand, obviously thought the Stuart version too big. But for some reason she never tried the smaller versions.
Old 10-12-2022, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It's amazing how versatile this house diamond tiara is! Imo, this is the most beautiful and most balanced version so far.

But there is one think that I don't get: Why on earth is Maxima the first who explores the different versions of this tiara? Queen Juliana wore it frequently, but kept to the excessively large Stuart diamond version. Queen Beatrix, on the other hand, obviously thought the Stuart version too big. But for some reason she never tried the smaller versions.
Aren't you answering your own question? Juliana liked the giant pile of diamonds on her head (and it suited her). Beatrix both found it heavy and chose not to wear it, the way queens often don't choose gems instantly associated with their immediate predecessors. Maxima is neither of them and a great jewelry fan and experimental person in general, so she does what she wants to.
Old 10-13-2022, 10:30 AM
Majesty

What is the huge looks to be emerald pendant she is wearing at the concert?
Old 10-13-2022, 10:39 AM
Administrator

The cabouchon emerald is one of the older pieces of the collection. Although the exact history is not completely clear it was supposed to be acquired by one of the Wilhelminas of Prussia (wives of stadholder Willem V and of his son King Willem I).

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2022/05...erald-pendant/

The emerald is the size of a small egg. It was never worn by Queen Beatrix.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:15 AM
Majesty

Thank you for that link and the interesting history of the piece. I think I like it best the way princess laurentian wore it
Old 10-13-2022, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its one of the jewels I wish was reserved for the Queen ,it was worn on the State Visit to Ireland.
Old 10-14-2022, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpPtGyAjM3G/

The wonderful IG account "Dutch Royal Jewels" has an old photo of the most recent setting of the House Tiara worn by Queen Maxima. I had never seen this photo before. I assume there must be an instruction manual that comes with the Dutch jewels to understand all their versatility and conversions.
Old 10-14-2022, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Are there only two versions of the Stuart? I was under the impression Maxima's Sweden setting was something new.
Old 10-14-2022, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Are there only two versions of the Stuart? I was under the impression Maxima's Sweden setting was something new.
I had also assumed the Swedish version was a Q.Max creation but this photo proves otherwise. I had always understood that there was a "major" and "lesser" version of the House Tiara. Perhaps the German and Luxembourg versions were Max creations, or, the tiara is far more versatile than originally understood.
Old 10-14-2022, 06:08 PM
Gentry

In this article you see four versions
https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/ma...-staatsbanket/
Old 10-14-2022, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

According to this post and with the pictures from Sweden, there is the "Juliana" (biggest) setting, and then there are at least two "Maxima" (smaller) ones. https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/201...art-tiara.html

The one she wore in Sweden may not be original to her, but no one seems to have actually worn it on head like that in generations.
Old 10-14-2022, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber26 View Post

In this article you see four versions
https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/ma...-staatsbanket/
That version with the purple Jan Taminau is gorgeous! Almost looks like an entirely different piece of bling.

The best tiaras are apparently made out of diamond Legos, who knew?
Old 10-20-2022, 08:42 PM
Administrator

The blog modekoninginmaxima has dicovered the origin of a pair of sapphire and diamond earrings of Queen Máxima. They were acquired from the Mexican jeweller Berger.

Blog with photos of Máxima:
https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/he...ellen-ontdekt/

Website of Jeweller:
https://berger.com.mx/
Old 10-21-2022, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

A really lovely pair of sapphire and diamond earrings
Old 10-21-2022, 04:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Berger - Aretes de zafiro y diamantes
"Earhangers with 26 oval-cut sapphires of 12.62 carats and diamonds, mounted in white gold."

But no price is mentioned on the site.

Old 10-21-2022, 11:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
A really lovely pair of sapphire and diamond earrings
Lovely as the pair is, query why she would buy a another pair of diamond and sapphire earrings? I can only imagine she is building up a treasure trove that can be presented to each of her younger daughters.
Old 10-21-2022, 07:01 PM
Administrator

It could have been a gift as well perhaps. And these have a more modern and exhuberant feel about them than most other sapphire earrings. They are much larger as well and the Queen likes large earrings.

She does have another pair of modern sapphire earrings, with small diamonds and moonstones.

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/ev...uwelenfestijn/
Old 10-31-2022, 07:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Mellerio Ruby Tiara for the Queen in Athens tonight

https://editorial01.shutterstock.com...13602410ao.jpg
Old 10-31-2022, 09:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Mellerio Ruby Tiara for the Queen in Athens tonight

https://editorial01.shutterstock.com...13602410ao.jpg
I think the devant de corsage would have looked better pinned higher up rather than at the waist.

Tags
jewels, queen maxima