The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-28-2020, 05:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Personally I find the larger necklaces, and even things like the Cambridge knott swallow her up a bit. She looked better in the more delicate tiaras like the lotus tiara.
I thought she wore the Queen Alexandra wedding necklace at the State Banquet for the Dutch with elan. A lot of this is about confidence and being comfortable in the role, which I think she increasingly is. This is in marked contrast to her first outinf of the Nizam necklace in 2014 at the National Portrait Gallery, where I felt she as lacking in confidence.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Please keep the thread on topic, it's about Queen Maxima's jewels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
You are right, a lot of things came out of the blue. The biggest surprises were perhaps the least spectacular ones. Queen Emma's Aigrette and Queen Wilhelmina's diamond comb both had not been seen for nearly a century or more.
Those two jewels are lovely, I adore them both. So elegant and delicate, perfect to add some sparkle to a black tie event. I especially loved how Maxima added the diamond comb to the back of her bun at Victoria's pre-wedding.

Princess Margriet had already worn the diamond aigrette at the Stuyvesantball in 2001, but those pictures flew pretty much under the radar. So Maxima wearing it for the first time caught me completely unaware.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:09 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I had forgotten all about Pss Margriet wearing the Aigrette, thanks for the reminder! And it appears that the Aigrette was used by Queen Juliana as well:

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/ju...anten-aigrette

The base of Queen WIlhelmina's comb seems to be too round to be worn as a normal tiara, but if they would place it on a more flexible frame and add f.e. Q. Beatrix Mellerio roses on top there would be a usable tiara. Not that the Dutch collection is in dire need of more tiaras with a small base & big prongs of course as there are four others around (Pearl button, Q'Anna's Pavlovnik, Juliana's aquamarine and the -IMHO ghastly- emerald tiara).
Old 05-28-2020, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for reminding me about Queen Juliana. I'm probably too focused on tiaras and jewels worn in the hair, so I didn't take note of that before.

Wouldn't the Mellerio roses look a bit top-heavy on that delicate hair-comb? I'm not so sure, but maybe the roses would fit better on the base of the pearl buttons tiara.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Perhaps you are right, the comb is indeed small, and considering there are five of them they could make an addition to the pearl-button / star tiara. The roses seem to belong to Princess Beatrix, who hopefully will be able to enjoy them for many years to come.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I wouldn't mind if Princess Beatrix herself wore those roses on a tiara. Though all in all, Queen Maxima seems to be the one who most enjoys being creative with the jewellery.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:07 PM

I have always found roses elegant
Old 05-30-2020, 11:18 AM
Majesty

Tiaras worn by Queen Maxima.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4IQ_EOCqr...600/17-1-2.png
Old 04-28-2021, 02:38 AM
Administrator

Queen Mxima was seen with a small modern diamond and sapphire pendant last night. According to Josine Droogendijk of modekoninginmaxima, the piece was made by Asscher diamonds in Amsterdam.

The tiny sapphires in the diamond globe can move. Princess Beatrix had ordered cufflinks in a simular style for her sons . Princess Laurentien was seen with a simular pendant.

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/mo...ts-bij-concert (scroll down)
Old 05-13-2021, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

A nice new addition to the queen's jewel chest wonder if its an early 50th birthday gift?
Old 05-14-2021, 01:53 AM
Majesty

As Laurentien was seen with a simular pendant I doubt that.
Old 05-22-2021, 02:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Mxima Jewellery 30.4.2013 -

Maxima with 2 new bracelets with initials.
Did she get them for her 50th birthday?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPEARrMD...dium=copy_link

Bracelets referring to her family seem to be her favourite kind. She has quite a collection by now.
Old 05-22-2021, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Nice and very personal and yes the queen certainly has a nice jewel chest, some clunky modern bits that I don't care for.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

A bit a shame of the diamonds and precious materials. How much of this sort of bracelets can one have?
Old 05-22-2021, 06:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Mxima Jewellery 30.4.2013 -

Maybe every daughter will get one as a memento to their family of 5 when they go of to start their own family.

And the rings Maxima got for the birth of each daughter would be a nice present when the daughter has her first child.

Point de vue posted an article about Maximas personal jewelry.
https://www.pointdevue.fr/familles-r...xima_4915.html

Tags
jewels, queen maxima