Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to the tiara, I'm in team Luxembourg. :flowers: Imo, it looks more balanced with the central diamond prong, and it's usually the best look for a tiara to have the highest spot right in the middle. On the other hand, I'm delighted to see yet another version of this gorgeous and historic jewel! And I wonder, if the side prongs are removable as well, as that might make another pleasing, more bandeau-like version.

The earrings were a bit too much for my taste. While being gorgeous in themselves, they look so chunky that they are a bit lacking in elegance. Queen Maxima wore some smaller (yet still big) diamond earrings at the British SV with the large setting of the tiara, and I prefer that look.

As for the Stuart diamond in a brooch setting: I believe that a custom made one shoulder dress, like the one she wore, could easily be strengthened at the shoulder in order to support such a heavy brooch. But this particular gown with it's rich embroidery was probably best left brooch-less.

PS. I agree that the hairstyle complemented the tiara perfectly.:flowers:
Apparently the earrings are unused parts of the tiara. That's probably why they seem chunky; they are supposed to be major diamonds on top the tiara.

I also think the weight is the Problem that she wears the big broochs usually down on the gowns. perhsp she should have specially evening gownns made for them where the material of the gowns is thicker at that part.

I was sure I read a long time ago that some royal ladies had thicker stiffened material draped from the shoulder seam underneath so that the old style heavier gems did not drag down the lighter more delicate material of a gown on the outside. Possibly a trick still used today, however you don't see the heavy old gems worn that often now.

Thank you for sharing this information. It might help explain the lack of any serious earrings in the collection.

In the meantime there are impressive earrings with diamonds, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, aquamarines, pearls, name them all. Some original parures had earrings anyway but until Queen Juliana these were not seen as very desirable for royal ladies.

Last edited:
Hey all!! Going back to the pearls these are some of my faves of Max. They have white, golden, gray and black pearls interchangeable. She has had them for years but they are always fresh imo.

The jewels on this State Visit have been splendid all of the pieces worn were very beautiful.

Wow Maxima in Germany and her jewellery choices - missed seeing the historic jewels like this during 2020 and covid!

The pearl earrings are divine with their interchangeable drops

The Queen is wearing the smaller version of the Stuart tiara in Germany tonight. Two big diamonds of the tiara were used as earrings. She has added the big diamond rivière and the bracelets that were made from Juliana's dismantled bracelet of the Indies.

Added: in Luxembourg a diamond was still added above the middle part of the tiara. Now that diamond seems to be missing.

I love that version of the tiara. Very stunning and regal.

The jewels were the highlight but somehow lost with the colour of the top.

I think the broche is a kind of broche that you can change the stone I believe I saw it with an aquamarine before.

Not crazy about the brooch but the rest is really beautiful tonight.

The RF has several existing and prettier sapphire brooches. This construction I have never seen before. It seems they added one of HM's personal modern sapphire earrings to a bow brooch. The blue of the brooch-pendant is different than the blue of the other stones.

The RF has several existing and prettier sapphire brooches. This construction I have never seen before. It seems they added one of HM's personal modern sapphire earrings to a bow brooch. The blue of the brooch-pendant is different than the blue of the other stones.

Indeed. I also think the blue stone in the brooch is tanzanite and not sapphire.

What a really lovely gesture from the Crown Princess :flowers:

Her jewelleries are stunning , I think she is the Queen with most variaty! I just wonder what is the feeling to have all thi incredible jewelleries on you.

Why would the Queen add a tanzanite brooch to sapphires?

It can very well be sapphire variety, as tanzanite usually has some violet or purple in refractions.

If it indeed is tanzanite, then it is a very dark blue, almost sapphire variation:

Picture 1

Picture 2

Queen Máxima Jewels 30.4.2013 -

It's time to close this thread. You can find a new one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom