Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There must be some weight in the Stuart Diamond tiara .

For the state visit banquet at Buckingham Palace, I think that Queen Maxima wore one of the most beautiful outfits that I've ever seen her wear. The dress was gorgeous and was a perfect backdrop for the stunning diamonds. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen diamonds worn so beautifully: the pieces seem so "right" for the gown, the sash and the occasion. Well done, Queen Maxima.

Interesting how views can differ. Imo the dress didn't work at all with this tiara...

At the press conference/conversation at the end of the state visit, the queen said that she intends to wear the Stuart tiara more often. This time it was specifically chosen because of its symbolic meaning.

At the traditional press moment Queen Máxima was asked if she had a headache? Not at all, she replied. It makes her proud to wear historic jewels of her House.

Just some thoughts:

> I thought Maxima looked fabulous at the state banquet. Every inch the Queen she is!

> As a lover of jewels, it was great to see the Stuart Diamond get used after >45 years

> Having seen the tiara used in Luxembourg without the Stuart diamond, I cannot help but observe how much better it looked then. Perfectly balanced, beautiful design, serious "firepower", but all in all, a very workable tiara. Once the Stuart diamond and the accompanying bits are added back on, the tiara, IMO, just looks way too big and lacks a certain elegance the pared down version possesses.

> Could the Stuart diamond be suspended from the large brooch that Maxima wore (from the House diamonds suite) at the State Banquet in London to create a Queen Mary style stomacher?

Just some thoughts:

> I thought Maxima looked fabulous at the state banquet. Every inch the Queen she is!

> As a lover of jewels, it was great to see the Stuart Diamond get used after >45 years

> Having seen the tiara used in Luxembourg without the Stuart diamond, I cannot help but observe how much better it looked then. Perfectly balanced, beautiful design, serious "firepower", but all in all, a very workable tiara. Once the Stuart diamond and the accompanying bits are added back on, the tiara, IMO, just looks way too big and lacks a certain elegance the pared down version possesses.

> Could the Stuart diamond be suspended from the large brooch that Maxima wore (from the House diamonds suite) at the State Banquet in London to create a Queen Mary style stomacher?

Everything is possible. Queen Emma wore it as a pendant to her corsage or necklace, see picture.

This video says Queen Maxima wore this tiara with 40-carat Stuart diamond, traced back to William III (Prince of Orange) and Queen Mary II (Stuart). I think the tiara is magnificent. Thanks for the earlier video too in which Queen Maxima speaks of the tiara's significance and symbolism for Great Britain and The Netherlands:

Last edited:
IMO the Stuart parure consists of three parts: Tiara, necklace and brooch.
Some pieces of the tiara have been removed in the past to be used as earrings:
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eac8K-lg...WOrxASVQCEwYBhgL/s1600/2018-0523-stuart06.png

I would love to see a photo with this version and the one she recently sed in London, to see the difference! It is amazing to see how versatile can be and they can use it in different forms and any other accessories

very special to hear Max talk about this. she is so perfect for this treasure trove... like she dug thru it and come out with these pieces for us...!!!!! lol

For the state visit from Singapore, Maxima is wearing the ruby peacock tiara.

I think that at the state banquet for the President of Singapore that Queen Maxima would have been better to have heeded the idea of Gabrielle Chanel and to have taken off at least one piece of jewellery. To explain, Queen Maxima wore this stunning tiara and some drop dead earrings and a grand brooch and the gown had a fussy right sleeve and a belt and Queen Maxima also wore an important bracelet on the right wrist and another bracelet or bangle on the left wrist and her own ruby ring on her right hand and you get the picture. What was so stunning in London is that the superb tiara and the OTT devant de corsage stood out. Here, there are simply too many rubies on show at once and the dress has that fussy right sleeve and the belt as well. There was no focus.

Well, she ould have ditched the scarf on her left arm/hand and the belt. No need to lose the diamonds ;). I found it a pity that she did not wear the mirrored necklace too, though it would require a different dress.

Last edited:
Well, she ould have ditched the scarf on her left arm/hand and the belt. No need to lose the diamonds ;). I found it a pity that she did not wear the mirrored necklace too, though it would require a different dress.
Belt could certainly go.

Chanel was not a Queen....jk.....that status gives you a little leeway...lol. It is so fun to see the videos...really shows the amazing sprkle of the Dutch jewels!!! Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans!!

I didn't expect any surprises for this visit but the queen is spoiling us. The full brooch of Queen Emma and the diamond earrings seem to be the 'smaller' diamonds from the top of the Stuart tiara. The bracelet is from the honeycomb set.

Wow..set next to the bandeau tiara you get a feel as to how big those earrings are. The stones are crazy huge. Almost needs a bigger tiara...lol

The jewels are fantastic but had Queen Maxima worn her hair up it would have a better effect especially at a State Gala.

The lady has shown disdain and disrespect for the unbelievable costly heirloom jewels she wore, by her appearance. Totally unworthy a Queen of the Netherlands. If she only had some more of the gravitas and the dignity of Princess Beatrix. What a total let-down. She managed to make the most unbelievable diamonds looking like cheap trash from the Pound Shop. She desacralized these treasures. Unforgiveable.

Last edited:
The lady has shown disdain and disrespect for the unbelievable costly heirloom jewels she wore, by her appearance. Totally unworthy a Queen of the Netherlands. If she only had some more of the gravitas and the dignity of Princess Beatrix. What a total let-down. She managed to make the most unbelievable diamonds looking like cheap trash from the Pound Shop. She desacralized these treasures. Unforgiveable.

Stop this total utter nonsense,you're not the one to decide,you don't owe the jewellery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, if anyone showed disrespect for these jewels it must have been Beatrix herself by not wearing them / hiding them in her hairdo. Queen Maxima has been a joy to watch over these years as she is discovering all kinds of jewels & combinations that we have not seen in decades.

Last edited:
Yes, if only Queen Max would wash her hair and comb it for most of the time it looks dirty and unkempt......and some of her clothing choices are just beyond weird to me....her hair does not make her look clean at times.....stringy and dirty looking....I wish she would use a hair dresser or at least comb it when getting ready to leave the house......

At least those typical tasteless bored billionaire wives or daughters on Instagram, with too much money and too little time, have clean and coiffed hair. And apart from the hair: Máxima deserves no praise because destroyed the effect of the corsage by wearing it -tilted- as a way oversized brooch and the proportion between the bandeau, the earrings and the corsage was totally lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I've said it before, but I suspect that some of Maxima's issues with having her hair look polished may stem from having fine hair coupled with years and years of over-processing to maintain the color. That can wreak havoc with even the most carefully styled hair over time. I don't for one minute think that her hair is dirty, I think she is just struggling with something that a large number of women with less than ideal hair texture struggle with. I've sometimes wondered if she would be better served by following Letizia's example from a few years ago, chopping it all off, and growing it out again with a bit less processing and a shorter overall length. She could still add in extensions for updos, but have an easier to maintain, shorter style for daily wear.

Edited to add: Mathilde seems to make this work for her.

Max has just awed me this year with her gowns and jewels. So fun!!!! We don't have to like every look but she has a sheer presence that just gleams as much as her jewels!! Looking forward to more!! Merry Christmas friends!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom