Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks stunning with her tiara!
now they should to add a photo of Maxima with it!
The story of the tiara:
Diamond Pearl Tiara

Last edited:
What an interesting history the Württemberg tiara has & its full form looks to be quite 'crown' like.

Wow, this tiara rocks on Queen Máx!! It's so awesome!
I like the fact that she goes for the Big Guns!
I mean, this is serious glittering stuff guys.

The diadem is 175 years old and was made for Queen Máxima's far predecessor Queen Sophie of the Netherlands born Princess of Württemberg (1818-1877). I love it that the Oranges are so careful with their jewels. They not only have an extended collection, some diadems are old, some gems or pearls are even extremely old. The oldest diamonds and pearls in the Orange-Nassau collection were already purchased by Frederik Hendrik of Nassau, Prince of Orange (1584-1647), meaning more than 400 years (!) in the ownership of the same family...

Wow that something! Wonder how they protected? Not like in my family one of my uncles stole all my grandmothers jeweler n I have several cases when somebody die r all after the money n Jewellry must have some kind of protection

Queen Máxima Jewellery 30.4.2013 -

I absolutely love it! Màxima looks fantastic with the Württemberg Tiara.

I hoped that she would wear this tiara, but now she did it is disappointing. It just seems off. Maybe it is the dots in the dress combined with the pearl (dots) on the tiara. Maybe it is the a-symetric hairstyle, maybe it is the color clash of the pearls with the gold or maybe it is because the tiara is tilted. It seems enormous though, with Beatrix half of it usually disappeared. Still, I am happy she used it and hope for a more succesful use soon. I am unconvinced about the brooch, the old version looked much better,as it is it seems unbalanced (as it did with Laurentien in 2013).

Wow that something! Wonder how they protected? Not like in my family one of my uncles stole all my grandmothers jeweler n I have several cases when somebody die r all after the money n Jewellry must have some kind of protection

All royal residences have so-called "silver chambers" where all valuables are stored, not only jewels but also the gold-, silver and crystalware, amongst these HUGE items like man-sized candelabras or vases which are already worth a fortune by the weight in precious metals alone. The Dutch jewels were always maintained by a Court Jeweller. For decades this is Steltman Jewellers in The Hague but for reglar maintenance (not only jewels, but also the countless horloges, pendules, music boxes, miniatures, etc.) there is an atelier at Noordeinde Palace itself. More complicated maintenance and services are done at Steltman jewellers.

Pic: one of the Silver Chambers of Het Lange Voorhout Palace in The Hague. The palace was sold in 1991 and now houses a museum. The original Silver Chamber displays some pieces but in reality it was crammed with hundreds of boxes with cutlery, candles, candelabras, plates, etc.
http://www.escherinhetpaleis.nl/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/zilverkamer-website.jpg

Pic: Steltman Jewellers in The Hague, acting as the Court Jeweller: http://www.rotterdamzonwering.nl/wp.../11/Steltman-Juweliers-den-Haag-800-x-535.jpg

I hoped that she would wear this tiara, but now she did it is disappointing. It just seems off. Maybe it is the dots in the dress combined with the pearl (dots) on the tiara. Maybe it is the a-symetric hairstyle, maybe it is the color clash of the pearls with the gold or maybe it is because the tiara is tilted. It seems enormous though, with Beatrix half of it usually disappeared. Still, I am happy she used it and hope for a more succesful use soon. I am unconvinced about the brooch, the old version looked much better,as it is it seems unbalanced (as it did with Laurentien in 2013).

I tend to agree. The tiara does sit rather crooked on Maxima's head and the hairstyle makes it look even more slanted. The dress itself is so glittery and so gold that the jewels fail to make the impression they would've with a less ornate gown in a different colour. Having said that, the tiara is magnificent. I realize Maxima wanted to make a statement but sometimes you need to pick one thing and let it be the star of the show (in this case, the jewellery).

All royal residences have so-called "silver chambers" where all valuables are stored, not only jewels but also the gold-, silver and crystalware, amongst these HUGE items like man-sized candelabras or vases which are already worth a fortune by the weight in precious metals alone. The Dutch jewels were always maintained by a Court Jeweller. For decades this is Steltman Jewellers in The Hague but for reglar maintenance (not only jewels, but also the countless horloges, pendules, music boxes, miniatures, etc.) there is an atelier at Noordeinde Palace itself. More complicated maintenance and services are done at Steltman jewellers.

Pic: one of the Silver Chambers of Het Lange Voorhout Palace in The Hague. The palace was sold in 1991 and now houses a museum. The original Silver Chamber displays some pieces but in reality it was crammed with hundreds of boxes with cutlery, candles, candelabras, plates, etc.
http://www.escherinhetpaleis.nl/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/zilverkamer-website.jpg

Pic: Steltman Jewellers in The Hague, acting as the Court Jeweller: http://www.rotterdamzonwering.nl/wp.../11/Steltman-Juweliers-den-Haag-800-x-535.jpg

wow thank you for the info and the photos! can't imagine how it was for Maxima when she join the family and got into all this! it is great that the family for generations had a well organize and protected of all their valuables! it is very common that when somebody passes it is a lot of fights for the mone and estates. this a good examples to follow!

I agree that a simpler dress would have been better. However, her hair looked great with that giant tiara and I like it without any pearl toppers.

Our Super Queen!!! I too have been waiting to see this tiara on her. I am not dissapointed!!!

October 30, 2014- State Visit to Japan.
Day 2

Images have been cropped (less than 20%) and are not subject of copyright

Attachments

• october30.jpg
    october30.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 262
State Visit to Japan- State banquet

Attachments

• tiara.jpg
    tiara.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 374
  • maxima2.jpg
    maxima2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 293
This was definitely a memorable tiara appearance. Next is the Stuart Tiara!

Maxima's jewels from the day event yesterday:

*Images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

For the gala, she wore a brooch on the back. She also seems to wearing diamond bracelets on each hand but they're hidden behind her sleeves.

Side views of the tiara

Last edited:
Thanks for all the photos. Have no words for how gorgeous and divine those gems are!

Salma. Awesome pictures for us. The Queen does have the most beautiful jewels and loves to wear them....yeah for us!!!!!!!

Maxima's jewels from the day event yesterday:

*Images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

For the gala, she wore a brooch on the back. She also seems to wearing diamond bracelets on each hand but they're hidden behind her sleeves.

Side views of the tiara

It really is a wonderful tiara. I would love to see her use it with a dress that is more complimentary to the tiara.

State Visit to Japan- Last day
Pictures have been cropped, less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyrightt

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 485
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 372
Love that bracelet, and those earrings!!

my favorite is the broche! wish one like that!!!!

Dinner with Minister Abe

Attachments

• 88.jpg
    88.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 237
  • 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 306
  • 5544.jpg
    5544.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 270
This sounds crazy friends, but I would love to see how her jewels are packed. The cases and storage must be amazing!!! Anyone else think about this?

This sounds crazy friends, but I would love to see how her jewels are packed. The cases and storage must be amazing!!! Anyone else think about this?

I once read these jewels are stored in the original leather or wooden cases, but these are again stored in those metal cases which are usual too for travellers with important equipment.

Not so long ago there was an exposition in Palace Het Loo, in the East of the Netherlands: "The King On Travel" and it showed items which were used by the Orange-Nassaus. There were really fabulous "necessaires" and other items.

On June 12th 2013 King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima slept one day in a grand hotel in Maastricht, in the South of the Netherlands. The Queen's luggage was pictured. While it was no State Visit (there was an official visit to Maastricht, starting next day), there was an amazing amount of luggage for the Queen:

http://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/sites/default/files/images/stories/2011/juni/cas1.jpg

Visibly are two hat boxes, a large beautycase, several more cases. Probably the Queen wants to have one outfit in reserve. On June 13th 2013 the Queen only spent a few hours in Maastricht, so one can imagine how many luggage she takes with her to Japan and South Korea, not to mention the King, the Queen's Hofdames, the King's valet, the King's private secretary, the aides-de-camp, the director of the King's Secretariate, the security, etc. etc., for various events, including evening dress, etc.

:ohmy::whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom