Queen Letizia Jewels: June 2014 - Dec. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muriel

Imperial Majesty
City
London / Guildford
Country
United Kingdom
This thread can be used for discussing jewels worn by or possessed by Queen Letizia

Last edited:
Well from the photo's I think Letizia wore her diamond star earrings,surely she could have worn something else given the ceremonial occasion and she didn't wear any rings.

On the other hand, given that she has to shake more than 1000 hands today, maybe it was a wise decision not to wear any rings.

On the other hand, given that she has to shake more than 1000 hands today, maybe it was a wise decision not to wear any rings.

That's a valid point and may be the reason as to the absence of her wedding ring and the others.

those earrings have special meaning to her.

That seems very likely. Perhaps they were a gift from her husband ?

Well from the photo's I think Letizia wore her diamond star earrings,surely she could have worn something else given the ceremonial occasion and she didn't wear any rings.

I certainly agree, but I believe I read somewhere that the star earrings were given to her by Felipe for a special personal occasion and that he loves seeing her wear them. Who really knows. If true I can think of quite a few "personal" moments who's memory would make me feel loved.

Perhaps, those earrings have special meaning to her.
Perhaps the new King should give her a new pair of diamond hoops or studs that she can wear everyday instead of those stars. And as far as the rings go. She rarely wears rings, every now and then her wedding band. So her not wearing her rings was not surprising.

If Letizia loves these star earrings, she should wear those as often as she wants. Letizia made yesterday a lovely gesture, by wearing her wedding earrings which she had got from king Juan Carlos and queen Sofia, and today wearing earrings she has got from Felipe.

Anyone know what the blue ribbon with medal/jewel attachment is?

I certainly agree, but I believe I read somewhere that the star earrings were given to her by Felipe for a special personal occasion and that he loves seeing her wear them. Who really knows. If true I can think of quite a few "personal" moments who's memory would make me feel loved.

Maybe the 2 stars represent Leonor & Sofia.

Perhaps the new King should give her a new pair of diamond hoops or studs that she can wear everyday instead of those stars. And as far as the rings go. She rarely wears rings, every now and then her wedding band. So her not wearing her rings was not surprising.

I'm sure she has plenty to choose from,one thing Letizia is not short of is a few pairs of earrings but she just seems to wear the same old stuff time after time regardless of the ceremony or occasion.

She Could have Worn her Wedding Band on the left Hand, like Felipe. No Problem with handshakes, then. The Star earrings are so Boring!

That seems very likely. Perhaps they were a gift from her husband ?
This is my thought as well. I think they were a gift to mark something very special between them - maybe the birth of their daughters (I'm not sure when she started wearing them) or maybe something else that is just special to her and Felipe. Either way, the stars seem to hold great sentimental value for her to wear them today. We will never know. Personally I was hoping she would wear her wedding earrings again.

Personally, I think it Letizia likes the star earrings or if they have a special meaning to her, there is nothing wrong in her wearing them everyday. Funny, nobody seems to complain about QE2 or Camilla wearing their regular pearl and diamond earrings on a day to day basis.

Personally, I think it Letizia likes the star earrings or if they have a special meaning to her, there is nothing wrong in her wearing them everyday. Funny, nobody seems to complain about QE2 or Camilla wearing their regular pearl and diamond earrings on a day to day basis.

Day day to basis is fine but today Letizia became Queen Consort of Spain,the occasion warranted better attention to what jewels she wore and seeing as she now has the jewels of the Queens of Spain at her disposal her choice was lazy.

I can understand how this momentous day can be overwhelming to someone like Letizia. On a conscious level you think you are ready, but on the subconscious? Just look how Maxima spent her day. She looked happy, but just a little overwhelmed by the whole occasion.
She is going to look stunning in all of the tiaras now. I just hope that we get to see them more often. I can't blame her for choosing something comfortable on such a momentous day.

I can understand how this momentous day can be overwhelming to someone like Letizia. On a conscious level you think you are ready, but on the subconscious? Just look how Maxima spent her day. She looked happy, but just a little overwhelmed by the whole occasion.
She is going to look stunning in all of the tiaras now. I just hope that we get to see them more often. I can't blame her for choosing something comfortable on such a momentous day.

Not all the jewellery that we have seen Sophia wear goes automatically to Letitizia. I thought it would, but according to a v well respected jewellery blogger most of it either came with Sophia as her property, or have personal gifts. I particularly asked about the tiaras- this was the reply.

@royaltywithella: h All of the tiaras but La Buena are personal property, either hers from her family or purchased for her by JC, even the heirlooms.

Interesting to see what happens

I think her choice was perfect the coat had a design that was pretty anything more might have been over done. This was not about her so understated was best.

The whole jewellery deal was decidedly odd. Earlier she wore her wedding diamond drop earrings with a very day dress and Lenore wore the diamond star earrings. But as to her rings, I think we, as has Queen Letizia, had a crash course on why Queen Maxima followed Queen Elizabeth's habit of wearing gloves. Any rings on her tiny little hands would have rubbed her fingers raw with over 1000 handshakes!

Day day to basis is fine but today Letizia became Queen Consort of Spain,the occasion warranted better attention to what jewels she wore and seeing as she now has the jewels of the Queens of Spain at her disposal her choice was lazy.
And that is the kicker. Today she became a Queen! Her Verela ensemble was fabulous although I'm obviously going colour blind because I thought it was the most gorgeous blush and the scattered pale crystals that deepened in colour as it graduated up to deep red and gold at the neck just begged to reflect off diamond drop earrings. And, let's face it, if ever there was a "day" occasion and ensemble to pair with a diamond drop, it was then. Instead she wore the dreaded childlike stars . . .

Last edited:
I think that Queen Letizia used her jewelry to send a message. (1) Yes, she is queen but she played down the jewelry aspect by wearing simple pieces...a subtle gesture in a low-key proclamation in a country experiencing economic difficulties. (2) At King Juan Carlos' abdication, she wore the wedding earrings that had been a gift from him and Queen Sofia (3) At the proclamation, she earrings that may have been a gift from King Felipe and did not compete with the sparkling embroidery at the top of her outfit. All in all...I think she was deliberate to send out a message of simplicity.

I understand what your saying Terri Terri, but Letizia has some gorgeous jewels. It doesnt cost anything to pull them out and honor what you already have. Do people really get offended seeing people royal or not wear what they have when times are bad. I guess I don't. I just hope she doesn't forget the combination to the vault!!!

Así quedó la mano de Letiza tras casi tres mil saludos | Revista Semana

This article shows photos of how red her hands were after shaking hands 2000 times (I think ).

This pic shows it
th_943fd205f15b723eaf85b21de77b705d_mANO-4.jpg

Given that by nature, she has been indisposed about wearing rings, the added pressure of shaking so many hands must have further cemented her decision not to wear rings. I think her red hands show she made a good call.

The article states she had to take a breather for a few minutes before continuing with her greetings

I think Queen Letizia has made a wise choice not to wear a lot of jewellery. The unemployment rate in Spain is high, about 26 per cent. If I was unemployed in Spain, I surely wouldn't want my Queen to be filled up with expensive jewellery when the people of Spain suffer every day. Felipe and Letizia represent the Spaniards today. Queen Sofia is another thing, she is different generation and born royal. People could well think that she can't and will not change her habits.

I don't think anyone wanted Letizia to come decked out like a Christmas tree.Perhaps she could have worn a different set of earrings other than those star ones which were her trademark as Princess of Asturias and chosen something from the jewels of the Queens of Spain to mark her transition from Princess to Queen Consort.Its not everyday one becomes Queen!

Again its all down to a difference of opinion.

Last edited:
She looked quite disappointing from the point of view of us jewel watchers. But the ordinary Spanish citizens would probably only have seen an elegantly and appropriately dressed beautiful women, who carried herself with the dignity and style expected of a young queen in the 21st century. And it is the latter that really counts for the monarchy.

There is always a lot of speculation about the Queen's star earrings which she habitually chooses to wear and again wore on the Proclamation day. I came across a piece of news about the famous earrings: These were a design of Coco Chanel from 1932 which Karl Lagerfeld remade in 2008. The earrings were a gift of the Chanel house to Princess Letizia upon the birth of Infanta Leonor.

The article below talks about her dress, earrings and accesories

El primer vestido de la Reina - ABC.es

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom