Queen Letizia Jewels: June 2014 - Dec. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered the same about the shell tiara. She has worn it once as Princess of Asturias, so it's likely that she had access to the tiara back then. But she never repeated it, neither before or after the accession to the throne. It doesn't seem likely that Sofia was sharing the tiara back then, but has since decided to keep it to herself. So maybe that's another one that is not to Letizia's liking?

I'm not sure she had/have access to the Shell Tiara, for most of her Tiara events (2008-2011) Sofia wore the Floral Tiara and Letizia the Prussian. maybe its just me but i guess the shell is "more important" then the floral and usually sofia wore the more importan tiara then letizia so it was unlikley to see the shell on letizia while sofia wore the floral.

Both the Prussian Diamond Tiara and the Mellerio Shell Tiara both make wonderful wedding tiaras and as a starter tiara but I think Letizia struck gold with the floral its perfect for her.
I dont know why but i think Leonor will receive the Shell Tiara...

The Sapphire pearl earrings of the late Countess are really nice to see again but the outfit needed a brooch given the event.

The Sapphire pearl earrings of the late Countess are really nice to see again but the outfit needed a brooch given the event.

I agree with you, a brooch would have worked really well with the ensemble.

I agree with you, a brooch would have worked really well with the ensemble.

There was a little brooch further downn on the Jacket, Or was this part of the Outfuit?
But a simple necklace like a pearl necklace would also have been nice. But Letizia never wears them for daytime Events.

There was a little brooch further downn on the Jacket, Or was this part of the Outfuit?
But a simple necklace like a pearl necklace would also have been nice. But Letizia never wears them for daytime Events.

That looks like it was holding it all together.

Letizia has on rare occasions thought outside the box and has worn a brooch or jewels of a queen ,like last at last years Pascua Militar.

https://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=245262&zoektype=2&search=06-01-2019 Madrid

Has she ever worn the necklace pendant again? I beleibve it was an egagement gift from fFelipe.

I am not fond of the necklace, but I thought the earrings were very nice, and ought to be used more.

I can't recall what the necklace looked like since its been so long out of public view.

I suppose one could consider a diamond and sapphire necklace a bit 'too much' for a day time event? Let's hope that now the Queen has re-discovered the earrings she will wear the necklace soon too. Are there any photos known of the late Countess of Barcelona with this set?

I suppose one could consider a diamond and sapphire necklace a bit 'too much' for a day time event? Let's hope that now the Queen has re-discovered the earrings she will wear the necklace soon too. Are there any photos known of the late Countess of Barcelona with this set?

I have never seen a picture of the CoB wearing the set.. i doubt we will see the necklace in near future, she wore alot of earrings but never the matching necklace, we just saw two pearl necklaces and a diamond collet in 5 years as Queen.. i think we will see her wearing the joyas earrings and bracelets during most of upcoming gala dinners..

Its taken Letizia 15 years to dig out the Countess of Barcelona's earring I doubt hold out much hope of ever seeing the necklace again.

brilliant to see these beautiful earrings again after such an absence - I have mentioned before on these forums how I wanted Letizia to bring these jewels out into the public sight again (she presumably has worn them in private - as they were an engagement gift from Felipe)

Lets hope we don't have to wait the same length of time to see them again - now for the necklace! Fingers crossed

From Paris Match, an article plus pictures of the ring silver gold plated Letizia wears the last year. Apparently it is a gift from her daughters, bought with their pocket money.
The strange thinkg is that she wears it in almost 2 or different fingers, which seems impossible for normal rings. Unless she has 2 or 3 sizes.
Letizia, zoom sur la bague si chère à son cœur qu’elle ne quitte plus http://www.parismatch.com/Royal-Blo...re-a-son-coeur-qu-elle-ne-quitte-plus-1672856
It contains also the Instagram link.

The strange thinkg is that she wears it in almost 2 or different fingers, which seems impossible for normal rings. Unless she has 2 or 3 sizes.
It's probably one of those open rings that you give a squeeze for it to fit the finger you want it on.

From Paris Match, an article plus pictures of the ring silver gold plated Letizia wears the last year. Apparently it is a gift from her daughters, bought with their pocket money.
Letizia, zoom sur la bague si chère à son cœur qu’elle ne quitte plus http://www.parismatch.com/Royal-Blo...re-a-son-coeur-qu-elle-ne-quitte-plus-1672856
It contains also the Instagram link.

Makes sense that her daughters bought the ring for her and that she wears it almost all the time - very cute. Even though the ring is not to my taste it is very special to Letizia and I love the fact she wears it to all manner of formal and every day functions

I really wish she'd also wear some of the rest of her rings every now and then,the wedding ring must have been lost as it hasn't been seen in over 10 years and she didn't wear any of her other rings on any grand events like on the kings proclamation day.

Letizia in a new official photo:

https://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/s...of-king-and-queen-and-their-daughters-137366/

This also the first time Letizia is wearing a tiara in a official photo.
It seems Letizia removed the velvet band at La Buena. Thank good.

Imo Letizia is looking good in the Fleur de lys, its big-yes-but not like luxembourg empire or the Dutch Stuart.. Its also nice she choose a different Tiara for official picture as her mother in law who never wore the FdL in a official picture, just the Cartier Diamond, Shell, Floral and Prussian

I really wish she'd also wear some of the rest of her rings every now and then,the wedding ring must have been lost as it hasn't been seen in over 10 years and she didn't wear any of her other rings on any grand events like on the kings proclamation day.
I agree, she has a couple of good rings. While i understand her sentimental feelings i dont think its suitable for official events, i mean i never wore the macaroni necklace in public (yes thats a stupid comparison:lol:)

I agree, she has a couple of good rings. While i understand her sentimental feelings i dont think its suitable for official events, i mean i never wore the macaroni necklace in public (yes thats a stupid comparison[emoji38])
Queen Astrid of Belgium once arrived at a banquet with a piece of string tied around her wrist. When someone asked her a bit disparagingly about it she replied that it was the most precious thing she owned since her son, the future King Baudoin, had given it to her when she came to say goodnight before leaving. Letizia might be queen but I'm sure that to her, as it was to Astrid, being a mum is more important.

Last edited:
Queen Astrid of Belgium once arrived at a banquet with a piece of string tied around her wrist. When someone asked her a bit disparagingly about it she replied that it was the most precious thing she owned since her son, the future King Baudoin, had given it to her when she came to say goodnight before leaving.
I remember reading this somewhere, i think its a kind of personal taste..

I remember reading this somewhere, i think its a kind of personal taste..
They were mums that wanted to wear gifts from their children. I'm surprised that it sounds so strange to someone.

They were mums that wanted to wear gifts from their children. I'm surprised that it sounds so strange to someone.
I just can talk for myself but for mee i dont like it because it looks ugly, maybe i would not complain if the ring would be more classic and not gold..For me its not a problem she is wearing a gift of her children but during a gala dinner it looks out of place imo and im sure L&S wouldn't be upset if she took off the ring on big occasions. somehow i got used to the ring;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom