Queen Letizia Jewels: June 2014 - Dec. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A wonderful surprise. The loop tiara is amazing. I hope she wears it more frequently than Sofia.

What a tiara!!!! Agree a wonderful surprise!!

That's lovely! What a marvelous surprise!

Wow, that's great! But I really didn't expect to see her wearing this tiara so soon. And it looks sooo big, almost as big as the fleur de lys tiara.

How wonderful & how unexpected to see HM wear the Loop tiara. It looks great with the simple dress, it let's the tiara shine. It looks indeed almost as large as the Fleur-de-Lis.

I believe the only tiara she did not wear yet are the pearl-scroll tiara and the Ruby necklace/tiara.

Wow, that's great! But I really didn't expect to see her wearing this tiara so soon. And it looks sooo big, almost as big as the fleur de lys tiara.

I was not sure we will ever see this Tiara on Leti. But WOOW. Yes its a big Tiara but its all about the styling, especially the dress. If she had worn another dress, everything would be more balanced ( I thought the same when she wore the Fleur de Lys) the big FdL looked so much better in UK.

Her 1st time to wear it,having graced the heads of Queen Soia,Infanta Pilar,the late Countess of Barcelona and Queen Ena.

I wonder does Queen Sofia still own this tiara and merely lent it to her daughter in law?

Her 1st time to wear it,having graced the heads of Queen Soia,Infanta Pilar,the late Countess of Barcelona and Queen Ena.

I wonder does Queen Sofia still own this tiara and merely lent it to her daughter in law?

This tiara has never belonged to Sofia, the tiara was inheritance of the Countess of Barcelona. It is not known whether Juan Carlos inherited it completely or partially or bought it from his sisters. It is the same case as the tiara Cartier that Juan Carlos bought from his aunt.

How wonderful & how unexpected to see HM wear the Loop tiara. It looks great with the simple dress, it let's the tiara shine. It looks indeed almost as large as the Fleur-de-Lis.

I believe the only tiara she did not wear yet are the pearl-scroll tiara and the Ruby necklace/tiara.

She should only have worn the loop tiara more upright and not so much backwards. Then it would have looked much better.
She has worn the pearl-scroll tiara (if you mean the cartier diamond and pearl tiara from Queen Ena) earlier this year for the first time.

As for the ruby necklace tiara i don'Ät need to see it worn again with the ugly velvet base with which Queen Sofia has worn it the last times. if she wears it again then please in a different configuration like the 2 rows over each like Queen Sofia has worn it a few times in the earls 80's.

This tiara has never belonged to Sofia, the tiara was inheritance of the Countess of Barcelona. It is not known whether Juan Carlos inherited it completely or partially or bought it from his sisters. It is the same case as the tiara Cartier that Juan Carlos bought from his aunt.
But the Cartier tiara from Infanta Maria Cristina was already worn by Queen Sofia when the Infatra was still alive. So Juan cArlos can not have inherited it from her.

Queen Letizia has worn the Cartier pearl scroll tiara earlier this year at the State Visit from Portugal. So she has worn all three big gun tiaras within only two years! That's astonishing, when you consider that invariably wore the floral tiara for a couple of years.

So far, Queen Sophia has never shared her ruby necklace tiara with either her daughters or her daughter-in-law. That's why I think she considers this as her most personal tiara, and she probably is not going to share it during her lifetime.

I loved the plain, sleek gown with these gorgeous jewels. They really stand out. Did you notice the diamond earrings and the two bracelets as well?

But the Cartier tiara from Infanta Maria Cristina was already worn by Queen Sofia when the Infatra was still alive. So Juan cArlos can not have inherited it from her.

Juan Carlos bought it from his aunt.

It's a lovely tiara but too big for her.

LaRae

She should only have worn the loop tiara more upright and not so much backwards. Then it would have looked much better.
She has worn the pearl-scroll tiara (if you mean the cartier diamond and pearl tiara from Queen Ena) earlier this year for the first time.

As for the ruby necklace tiara i don'Ät need to see it worn again with the ugly velvet base with which Queen Sofia has worn it the last times. if she wears it again then please in a different configuration like the 2 rows over each like Queen Sofia has worn it a few times in the earls 80's.

I believe the ruby necklace tiara and the Prussian fringe are personally owned by Queen Sofia and, most likely, she will leave them to her daughters. Letizia will keep the most valuable items in the collection including, I believe, the Mellerio Shell, which she has not worn yet as Queen.

Letizia really got out the big guns tonight, this is the most amazing tiara she has ever worn IMO. just gorgeous. Diamonds flowing tonight, tiara, earrings (those are my all time favorite of all royals earrings), those bracelets and that gown.

Wondering in looking at the pictures, did she darken her hair? I like the color on her better then the light shade that she normally wears.

I believe the ruby necklace tiara and the Prussian fringe are personally owned by Queen Sofia and, most likely, she will leave them to her daughters. Letizia will keep the most valuable items in the collection including, I believe, the Mellerio Shell, which she has not worn yet as Queen.

The Mellerio Shell tiara is the one I'm wanting to see on Letizia. I wonder what the status is on that one.

The Mellerio Shell tiara is the one I'm wanting to see on Letizia. I wonder what the status is on that one.

Me too, it is by far the most interesting tiara of the Spanish collection IMHO.

Tilia C. said:
Queen Letizia has worn the Cartier pearl scroll tiara earlier this year at the State Visit from Portugal. So she has worn all three big gun tiaras within only two years! That's astonishing, when you consider that invariably wore the floral tiara for a couple of years.

How could I forget? :hiding:

I suppose the next thing she can surprise us with is by wearing the important necklaces of the collection: the diamond collet necklace and the pearl necklace with the faux Peregrina pearl from the joyas de pasar.

Last edited:
What a WOWzer Tiara again.
The surprise of the morning. She looks phantastic!
BYe Bine

It's a great tiara but I don't think it suits Letizia very well, like the FDL, too big. But great that she has worn now all tiaras available (do the rubies count as tiara?)

the rubies look more like a headband:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_sjFlBNZdx8/U3zyfnHK6zI/AAAAAAAAaYQ/iHC-_uRhccw/s1600/_sof.jpg

Regarding the rest of the jewellery, again, same bracelets, same earrings as so often now. Yes it's big gun jewellery but hardly any variation.

Last edited:
It's a great tiara but I don't think it suits Letizia very well, like the FDL, too big. But great that she has worn now all tiaras available (do the rubies count as tiara?)

the rubies look more like a headband:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_sjFlBNZdx8/U3zyfnHK6zI/AAAAAAAAaYQ/iHC-_uRhccw/s1600/_sof.jpg

Regarding the rest of the jewellery, again, same bracelets, same earrings as so often now. Yes it's big gun jewellery but hardly any variation.
Great to see the debut of the Loop tiara. Having done so well with the tiaras despite the low expectations, I would now like to see her bring out the sapphire and diamond or ruby and diamond chandeliers, perhaps with matching necklaces sometime.

I think it would have suited her better if she had worn it more upright and in a bitr more closed like Infanta Pilar and her daughter Simonetta have worn it.

She wore the FdL like this in the UK and it suited her very well.

Maxima did the same thing with the Stuart tiara in the UK. Maybe they are afraid that the tiara will fall to the front if it is placed to upright? These high pieces must be more difficult to stabilize than the smaller ones.

Maxima did the same thing with the Stuart tiara in the UK. Maybe they are afraid that the tiara will fall to the front if it is placed to upright? These high pieces must be more difficult to stabilize than the smaller ones.

But Letizia wore the FdL very upright and in the front at the Uk State Visit. For sure there are measures to secure the tiaras in the hair. They need to ask the Hairstylists of Silvia and Victoria hiow to secure them properly.

After Queen Letizia debut all the big Tiaras I wounder what will she debut next?
( I know she has not worn the ruby necklace/bandeau and tbh i dont think we will see them on her, maybe the earring) I hope she will wear the "joyas de pasar bow brooch" or the bow brooch of Queen Isabella II. i also hope to see the pearl brooches of Q.Isabella and Q.Maria de las Mercedes. ( unfortunately, the royal house has just a few colored brooches-(the ruby brooch which Letizia wore in Denmark, a turquoise brooch by Queen Friederike, sapphire brooch by Sofia, an emerald brooch which belongs to the necklace and earrings already worn by Letizia)

Its just a feeling, but i think they will make a state visit to denmark next year, and she will wear the Loop Tiara. I think she debuted this tiara, not to attract attention during a state visit with another royal house --the same she did with La Buena I think

After Queen Letizia debut all the big Tiaras I wounder what will she debut next?

I would like to see her with collet diamond necklace from the Joyas de Pasar.

And there are plenty other necklaces who could be brought out.

Its just a feeling, but i think they will make a state visit to denmark next year, and she will wear the Loop Tiara. I think she debuted this tiara, not to attract attention during a state visit with another royal house --the same she did with La Buena I think
That is a nice theory, but she already debuted Queen Ena's Cartier pearl tiara this April at the State Banquet for Portugal. I find it amazing, that she debuts two important tiaras in a row. She could have waited with one of them, but for some reason she didn't. Not that I mind, though.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom