The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-25-2021, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The fleur de lys broch is by far one of the queens favourites ,what ever happened to the beautiful brooch worn in Denmark in 2015.

I don't think its seen the light of day since?

Old 11-25-2021, 03:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The jewels she wore on on the state visit look impressive enough to common people like me, but I guess some royal watchers are too demanding.
Thats possible It would be nice she had worn her bee brooch on the arrival, would be a good match for the dress color,https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6f/26...e2c2e4662d.png
And for the evening reception a simple bracelet would be a nice addition like this one https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017...0088885664.jpg.

I think Im demanding, she "debuted" so many "new" Jewels at the state visit to UK and Japan i hoped for different jewels this time too. Of course it could be worse..

Old 11-25-2021, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The fleur de lys broch is by far one of the queens favourites ,what ever happened to the beautiful brooch worn in Denmark in 2015.

I don't think its seen the light of day since?
She wore it for the Peruvian state visit that same Year and at the State visit to portugal 2016 and during the State vist from Israel 2017
Old 11-25-2021, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
She wore it for the Peruvian state visit that same Year and at the State visit to portugal 2016 and during the State vist from Israel 2017
Ok so it got some use but hasn't been seen since ,shame its a very lovely piece.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Ok so it got some use but hasn't been seen since ,shame its a very lovely piece.
It is, unfortunately she prefers her Fdl brooch for Gala Dinners..
Old 11-25-2021, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The jewels she wore on on the state visit look impressive enough to common people like me, but I guess some royal watchers are too demanding.

That's true but the combination of Jewels at the State Banquet is the same she has worn several times. And i find it a bit strange that she wears more Jewels at a State Banquet for a president then in a reigning Monarchy.
And we could see yesterday on Queen Silvia that a brooch on a gown helps to pep up an outfit.

Old 11-25-2021, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
That's true but the combination of Jewels at the State Banquet is the same she has worn several times. And i find it a bit strange that she wears more Jewels at a State Banquet for a president then in a reigning Monarchy.
And we could see yesterday on Queen Silvia that a brooch on a gown helps to pep up an outfit.
Letizia has never been creative on the jewel front.
Old 11-25-2021, 05:58 PM
Majesty

Letizia never wears a lot of jewelry, it's only at gala dinners in Spain that she sometimes wears more.
They are jewels of great value, it is risky to bring many on trips.
But on this state visit to Sweden she wore some of the most important ones, like twin bracelets, the fleur-de-lis tiara...
Old 11-26-2021, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Letizia never wears a lot of jewelry, it's only at gala dinners in Spain that she sometimes wears more.
They are jewels of great value, it is risky to bring many on trips.
But on this state visit to Sweden she wore some of the most important ones, like twin bracelets, the fleur-de-lis tiara...

Of course the Jewels have a big Value, but didn't hinder Queen Sofia take them abroady as does it not for other Queens.

Yes it was some of the most important she brought but for exammple the twin bracelets are worn so often by her that it is nothing special anymore. And i dislike the way she wears them both stucked on 1 arm. Would look so much better if each one at 1 arm or only 1 of them.

Old 11-26-2021, 06:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Yes it was some of the most important she brought but for exammple the twin bracelets are worn so often by her that it is nothing special anymore. And i dislike the way she wears them both stucked on 1 arm. Would look so much better if each one at 1 arm or only 1 of them.
I have to disagree, I do like the bracelets stacked toghether, they do make a statement like few other bracelets can.

That said, I would like to see her use her Cartier diamond bracelet used more. She used it a lot before becoming Queen, and rarely since.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:

The state banquet for the Italian president was at home in Spain, which makes things easier for her as she doesn't have to carry expensive jewelry with her on a two-day foreign trip.

And Letizia was wearing not only a simple brooch on her sash at the Swedish state dinner, but actually the detachable central element of her Ansorena tiara (a diamond encrusted Fleur de Lis).

The only thing I miss from Letizia's gala looks (compared to Queen Sofia's) is a more frequent use of colliers. You can see from the Italian state visit how that makes a difference in the overall look.
Old 11-26-2021, 08:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Of course the Jewels have a big Value, but didn't hinder Queen Sofia take them abroady as does it not for other Queens.

Yes I agree, it has become very repetitive. Letizia even wears those bracelets or earrings to rather 'normal' = no state events, what cheapens them a bit. We know from Letizia that she often wears especially certain pieces of jewellery ALL.THE.TIME without the slightest variation.

She has so much classy jewellery from her early days that deserves to be repeated, many rings, bracelets or earrings.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

I also dislike the way Letizia uses these bracelets at one arm, they don't look beautiful used in that way.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What I find strange are the sentimental items that have gotten the heave-ho (wedding ring,bracelets the one below I believe she used to wear & had some connection with the births of Leonor/Sofia?) .

Princesa Letizia: Princess Letizia's Jewelery Part 1

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain