The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2020, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I agree with you, a brooch would have worked really well with the ensemble.

There was a little brooch further downn on the Jacket, Or was this part of the Outfuit?
But a simple necklace like a pearl necklace would also have been nice. But Letizia never wears them for daytime Events.

Old 01-06-2020, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
There was a little brooch further downn on the Jacket, Or was this part of the Outfuit?
But a simple necklace like a pearl necklace would also have been nice. But Letizia never wears them for daytime Events.
That looks like it was holding it all together.

Letizia has on rare occasions thought outside the box and has worn a brooch or jewels of a queen ,like last at last years Pascua Militar.

https://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.p...-2019%20Madrid

Old 01-07-2020, 02:01 AM
Serene Highness

Sad! The photo is no longer available.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Has she ever worn the necklace pendant again? I beleibve it was an egagement gift from fFelipe.
I am not fond of the necklace, but I thought the earrings were very nice, and ought to be used more.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I can't recall what the necklace looked like since its been so long out of public view.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
Queen letizia Wears the Sapphire pearl earrings of late countess of barcelona who had 20th anniversary 4days ago... we have Not Seen the earrings since the pre Wedding Dinner in 2004
https://josepgegundez.photoshelter.c...00068aKG.mLQJ0
Unfortunaltley the link does not longer work, here is a new one.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...yDXWpEUc4x.jpg
Old 01-07-2020, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here's one I found of the earrings and never seen again necklace ,better they had been given to Elena or Cristina at least they would wear their grandmothers jewels with pride.

https://www.gettyimages.ie/detail/ne...-part-one.html
Old 01-07-2020, 04:43 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I suppose one could consider a diamond and sapphire necklace a bit 'too much' for a day time event? Let's hope that now the Queen has re-discovered the earrings she will wear the necklace soon too. Are there any photos known of the late Countess of Barcelona with this set?
Old 01-07-2020, 04:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I suppose one could consider a diamond and sapphire necklace a bit 'too much' for a day time event? Let's hope that now the Queen has re-discovered the earrings she will wear the necklace soon too. Are there any photos known of the late Countess of Barcelona with this set?

I have never seen a picture of the CoB wearing the set.. i doubt we will see the necklace in near future, she wore alot of earrings but never the matching necklace, we just saw two pearl necklaces and a diamond collet in 5 years as Queen.. i think we will see her wearing the joyas earrings and bracelets during most of upcoming gala dinners..
Old 01-07-2020, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its taken Letizia 15 years to dig out the Countess of Barcelona's earring I doubt hold out much hope of ever seeing the necklace again.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

brilliant to see these beautiful earrings again after such an absence - I have mentioned before on these forums how I wanted Letizia to bring these jewels out into the public sight again (she presumably has worn them in private - as they were an engagement gift from Felipe)

Lets hope we don't have to wait the same length of time to see them again - now for the necklace! Fingers crossed

Old 02-11-2020, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

From Paris Match, an article plus pictures of the ring silver gold plated Letizia wears the last year. Apparently it is a gift from her daughters, bought with their pocket money.
The strange thinkg is that she wears it in almost 2 or different fingers, which seems impossible for normal rings. Unless she has 2 or 3 sizes.
Letizia, zoom sur la bague si chère à son cœur qu’elle ne quitte plus http://www.parismatch.com/Royal-Blog...e-plus-1672856
It contains also the Instagram link.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
The strange thinkg is that she wears it in almost 2 or different fingers, which seems impossible for normal rings. Unless she has 2 or 3 sizes.
It's probably one of those open rings that you give a squeeze for it to fit the finger you want it on.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia in a new official photo:

https://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/sp...ghters-137366/

This also the first time Letizia is wearing a tiara in a official photo.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
From Paris Match, an article plus pictures of the ring silver gold plated Letizia wears the last year. Apparently it is a gift from her daughters, bought with their pocket money.
Letizia, zoom sur la bague si chère à son cœur qu’elle ne quitte plus http://www.parismatch.com/Royal-Blog...e-plus-1672856
It contains also the Instagram link.

Makes sense that her daughters bought the ring for her and that she wears it almost all the time - very cute. Even though the ring is not to my taste it is very special to Letizia and I love the fact she wears it to all manner of formal and every day functions

Old 02-11-2020, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I really wish she'd also wear some of the rest of her rings every now and then,the wedding ring must have been lost as it hasn't been seen in over 10 years and she didn't wear any of her other rings on any grand events like on the kings proclamation day.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Letizia in a new official photo:

https://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/sp...ghters-137366/

This also the first time Letizia is wearing a tiara in a official photo.
It seems Letizia removed the velvet band at La Buena. Thank good.

Imo Letizia is looking good in the Fleur de lys, its big-yes-but not like luxembourg empire or the Dutch Stuart.. Its also nice she choose a different Tiara for official picture as her mother in law who never wore the FdL in a official picture, just the Cartier Diamond, Shell, Floral and Prussian
Old 02-11-2020, 04:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I really wish she'd also wear some of the rest of her rings every now and then,the wedding ring must have been lost as it hasn't been seen in over 10 years and she didn't wear any of her other rings on any grand events like on the kings proclamation day.
I agree, she has a couple of good rings. While i understand her sentimental feelings i dont think its suitable for official events, i mean i never wore the macaroni necklace in public (yes thats a stupid comparison)
Old 02-11-2020, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I agree, she has a couple of good rings. While i understand her sentimental feelings i dont think its suitable for official events, i mean i never wore the macaroni necklace in public (yes thats a stupid comparison)
A reminder of the long lost rings...

https://images.app.goo.gl/HG5aNJLM1Uez9ZAR6
Old 02-11-2020, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Queen Astrid of Belgium once arrived at a banquet with a piece of string tied around her wrist. When someone asked her a bit disparagingly about it she replied that it was the most precious thing she owned since her son, the future King Baudoin, had given it to her when she came to say goodnight before leaving. Letizia might be queen but I'm sure that to her, as it was to Astrid, being a mum is more important.

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain