Queen Ingrid Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you need a very good crytal ball to answer this question. Who knows what will happen in future generations? We can only speculate.

At the moment I believe that the jewels would first be offered to the Danish RF in case that they would want to sell them. But during their lifetime the the children of Benedikte and Anne-Marie will most likely have, from time to time, the possibility to wear the tiaras at Danish family events.

The khedive tiara is so traditional wedding tiara. Is to shame to lost. But like Tilia saying who knows the future.

i wonder if the jewllery given to Benedikte and anne-marie will be lost later on or if they are not used in the future can be boight back to the main family

Benediktes daghters do not take part in to many gala events and her son has no children

Princess Alexandra
Children
Count Richard von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth
Countess Ingrid von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth

Princess Nathalie
children
Konstantin Johannsmann
Louisa Johannsmann

jewllery benedikte has from her mother
Queen Sofias Star tiara

what other jewllery are there?

I don't believe any arrangements are in place to return the former Danish jewels back to the main DRF line. I fear, after the deaths of Princess Benedikte and Queen A-M, those jewels will be seen on fewer and fewer occasions, and will, in all probability, end up being sold eventually.

I don't believe any arrangements are in place to return the former Danish jewels back to the main DRF line. I fear, after the deaths of Princess Benedikte and Queen A-M, those jewels will be seen on fewer and fewer occasions, and will, in all probability, end up being sold eventually.
We know that the descendants of Countess Ruth offered the garnet kokoshnik tiara first to Queen Margrethe. Only when she refused they put the tiara up for auction. Also the descendants of Countess Estelle first offered the pink tourmanline parure to the Swedish king, and in the end they sold it to the Norwegian king.

I believe that the descendants of Queen Anne-Marie and Princess Benedikte will do the same in case that they intend to sell some jewels. They will probably first offer them to Frederik or Christian, depending who will be King at the time. Time will show if they then will want to buy them back.

Could someone provide the elements of the flower wedding tiara worn par Princeses Marie Chantal and Tatania.
Queen Ingrid wore some elements as necklace. How did she received this jewels ?
Who is the first wearer of the new tiara ? Princess Anne Marie for pre-Wedding Event in Copenhagen (theatre?)

This tiara used to be a corsage brooch of the Grand Duchess of Baden, mother of Queen Victoria of Sweden. Queen Ingrid has worn it as a corsage as well as a necklace.

The first wearer of the tiara was Princess Anne Marie who received the jewel for her 18th birthday. The elements from the corsage were turned and moved around so that the outline of the tiara is wider and more triangular than the original corsage brooch.

Here is Queen Ingrid wearing it as a corsage together with the beautiful Khedive tiara.
View image: dk ingrid corsage

Great Thanks as usual Tilia.

On your Picture Queen Ingrid wears earrings going with the corsage brooch.

Do you have a picture of Princess Anne Marie wearing the tiara for the first time. Is She the owner of the tiara and the Khedive tiara = 2 tiaras.?

Last edited:
You are welcome, Maria-Olivia!
I am not absolutely sure, but I think that these pics are from one of her pre-wedding events. She was just 18 and it was her first tiara event.
View image: gr anne marie corsage

Queen Ingrid and King Frederik gave each of their daughters one tiara for their 18th birthday:
Margrethe - drop diamond tiara
Benedikte - floral tiara made from an old brooch
Anne-Marie - antique corsage tiara

After her death she left her tiaras to her family:
Anne-Marie - khedive tiara
Benekikte - star and pearl tiara
CP Frederik - ruby parure
Margrethe - the Baden palmette tiara (plus she had all other tiaras which she has worn as a Queen, but it is not clear at which point the became owner)

So yes, Anne-Marie owns two tiaras of Danish origin.

Yes indeed it is this tiara , Thanks for sharing. The Queen did not wear this tiara a lot as she received the huge Greek parures.
What happened with this tiara , is it Alexia's ?? or her daughters in law wedding tiara ?

I believe that Queen AM still owns this tiara, and she loans it to her daughters and daughters-in-law when they need a tiara.

Princess Alexia has worn it once as a very young Princess, before she received her own tiara. Marie Chantale has worn it at her wedding and a few times afterwards, till she received the fringe tiara. Since then it is shared between Theodora and Tatiana. I think that Philoppos bride will also borrow this tiara.

Why Alexia has the own tiara and Theodora don't?

Yes but Marie-Chantal has own tiara and Tatiana also don't and she is married too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe when Theodora marries she might get her own tiara?

Alexia wore her tiara before she married, so it was not a wedding present.
Also Marie Chantale did not get the fringe tiara as a wedding present. She started wearing it after Olimpia's birth, and it is reported that the tiara was Olimpia's christening present from Mrs. Miller.

No one knows why Theodora didn't get her own. Maybe it was not necessary because she can wear the antique corsage tiara? Maybe her parents asked if she wanted one but she preferred some other present instead?

I've been trying to collect all of the tiara photos I can find of Ingrid. It's obviously very difficult (finding correct dates or any dates at all, is even more difficult).

These are the ones I've done so far. The Pearl & Emerald tiaras are giving me grief. I'm not entirely sure about all of the pictures. Some of them make it hard to tell if it's one tiara or another, but I've tried my best.

Danish Ruby Parure Tiara | Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 |
Khedive of Egypt Tiara | Part 1 | Part 2 |
Floral Aigrette Tiara | Part 1 |

What I've learned is that Ingrid's first outing of the Aigrette was not Margrethe's wedding, like many believe, but was apparently in France in May 1965 (or possibly April 65, I've seen conflicting dates).

What a surprise , pictures of the past , jewels of the past, not easy to see who exactely the royals were but Queen Ingrid is always perfect with her 3 tiaras.

What a surprise , pictures of the past , jewels of the past, not easy to see who exactely the royals were but Queen Ingrid is always perfect with her 3 tiaras.

I love seeing the original version of the Ruby Tiara. There was something gorgeous about the simpleness of it.

I've been trying to collect all of the tiara photos I can find of Ingrid. It's obviously very difficult (finding correct dates or any dates at all, is even more difficult).

These are the ones I've done so far. The Pearl & Emerald tiaras are giving me grief. I'm not entirely sure about all of the pictures. Some of them make it hard to tell if it's one tiara or another, but I've tried my best.

Danish Ruby Parure Tiara | Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 |
Khedive of Egypt Tiara | Part 1 | Part 2 |
Floral Aigrette Tiara | Part 1 |

What I've learned is that Ingrid's first outing of the Aigrette was not Margrethe's wedding, like many believe, but was apparently in France in May 1965 (or possibly April 65, I've seen conflicting dates).

I finally finished her tiaras, though I'm sure I missed a lot of photos.

Cameo Tiara | Part 1 |
Danish Emerald Parure Tiara | Part 1 |
Queen Sophie's Diamond Tiara | Part 1 |
Queen Sofia's Pearl and Star Tiara | Part 1 |
Pearl Poire Tiara | Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 |

Personally I think that The Danish Emerald Parure Tiara really suited the late Queen Igrid better than Queen Margarethe II,it may have to do with QMII hairdo!

I agree totally, not only the emeralds parure but all the parures except the Cameo.

Her daughter Queen Anne Marie is wearing her jewels perfectly as her Mother.
(Any tiara suits perfectly Princesses Alexia, Marie Chantal, Tatania and Theodora)

:previous: I also agree. The original much brighter, much more beautiful now more blurred duller would say.

Tiaras and jewels Ingrid wore at royal weddings and events:

Anne Marie: 1

Margrethe: 1

Benedikte: 1 2

Harald and Sonja: 1

Princess Alexandra: 1

Joachim and Alexandra: 1 2

Christina: 1

Please note that this may not be a complete list.

I quite like it. It kind of has the art deco feel to it. Very much the style, across the forehead, of the time. Its a simpler piece, something that would have been great for things like weddings, and back in the day when tiaras were worn more often they have been in past decades. When not needing a full imposing tiara like major events call for.

I like it me too!! And i hope to see it some day!

Queen Ingrid and Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte are the last Royals who brought jewels at their new Royal House.

Queen Ingrid and Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte are the last Royals who brought jewels at their new Royal House.

Queen Anne-Marie also brought some Jewels with her.

Yes you are right and also Princess Marie of Liechtenstein who brought the Kinsky tiara.

Yes you are right and also Princess Marie of Liechtenstein who brought the Kinsky tiara.

From what is known she did not get is a gift but Prince Hans Adam bought it at some point.

Back
Top Bottom