Queen Ingrid Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Luv her jools to bits..:wub:..Ingrid, this tough ram,fascinates me to the extreme,wud luv to be her humble servant n' walkin around her fab jools for all my life.:wub: :flowers:

I am not sure if this question really belongs to the jewels thread but well it involves diamond so :D.....
Earlier in the thread I saw a picture a young Ingrid wearing the swedish court dress with her diamond daisy bandeau three of her star on a pendant and a swedish family order - I guess that of ther grandfather. I have always assumed that royal ladies use real stones on their family order so I wondered what has happened to the diamond frame Ingrid's swedish family order after she passed away? was it inherited by her descendants and is intact ? was it remodeled to make a new (danish) family order frame? was it returned to sweden? ( I include this possibility because I have noticed that swedish royal ladies have been wearing framed portraits for some centuries , so it could have been of historical value). Or she simply gave it back to her family when she married Frederick and never used it again? (however I think I have seen somewhere on the web a picture of Crown Princess Ingrid wearing the ruby parure and two family orders, one swedish and one danish)

Last edited:
I was just reading some historical info on the ruby parure that Queen Ingrid left to Prince Fredrick. WOW some incredible history around that set, Mary must have shook a little the first time she put them on. Very special!!

I know rubies! I've been recording the history lately for my own personal files but I can't seem to find many photos of older generations wearing it. It wasn't the most impressive tiara before Ingrid though, she really dazzled it up. Does anyone have photos of the brooch that she took the extra pieces for the tiara from?

Yes, the ruby tiara has been revamped in the past year, it appears some elements have been removed or rearranged. This was pointed out at the Royal Jewels of the World Message Board a few months back.

Princejohnny and Katrianna, I think you are talking about 2 different changes in the evolution of the ruby tiara. I've made this little panel of the tiara: http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/26818/2845208810105578647S600x600Q85.jpg
The first two pic show Queen Alexandrine and Queen Ingrid with the small version of the tiara. Queen Ingrid had the two brooches added and the tiara got the grander ans slightly pointy look. Than CP Mary had it altered again last year and on the last pic on the panel you see that it now has a more rounded and denser look.
Unfortunately I've never seen a better picture of the two brooches than the one of Queen Ingrid which I put in the panel.

Certainly Queen Ingrid had the tiara fashioned in the most beautiful way.

Yes, that's exactly my opinion, too:flowers:. I can't understand why Mary changed a tiara which was already perfect.
I may have a reason:flowers:. IMO, based on my view of how CP Mary dresses, she looks at balance - her jewels, accessories and dresses seem to balance each other. Compare the shape of CP Mary's face & hairstyle with Queen Ingrid's facial structure and hairstyle. Mary has a long, oval face and her chin is long and pointed. The apex leaf on the ruby tiara, was another point at the top of the tiara. So the entire effect, looking at the tiara in its original form and CP Mary's face (with her longer chin) made her face look longer that it really was.The change of the tiara (taking out the apex leaf) has lessen that effect. (I don't know if I have explained myself properly):sad:

There are some changes to the ruby and diamond parure that have really shown that CP Mary has made it more versatile. Sometimes, when she wears the entire parure (tiara, long earrings, necklace, brooch and bracelet), it looks like too much. CP Mary seems to prefer wearing more simple jewels. I like how she has change the earrings and added pearls. Or how she has worn a part of the huge brooch as a pendant.

By the way, she has now added a ring to match the set, so now its made up of the tiara, earrings, necklace, brooch, bracelet & ring.:flowers:

I read somewhere that Ingrid had planned CP Frederiks future wife to wear this ruby and diamond parure.
And for this reason QMII would not wear it. She thought it should be waiting for CP Frederiks bride to be.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have a reason:flowers:. IMO, based on my view of how CP Mary dresses, she looks at balance - her jewels, accessories and dresses seem to balance each other. Compare the shape of CP Mary's face & hairstyle with Queen Ingrid's facial structure and hairstyle. Mary has a long, oval face and her chin is long and pointed. The apex leaf on the ruby tiara, was another point at the top of the tiara. So the entire effect, looking at the tiara in its original form and CP Mary's face (with her longer chin) made her face look longer that it really was.The change of the tiara (taking out the apex leaf) has lessen that effect. (I don't know if I have explained myself properly):sad:

There are some changes to the ruby and diamond parure that have really shown that CP Mary has made it more versatile. Sometimes, when she wears the entire parure (tiara, long earrings, necklace, brooch and bracelet), it looks like too much. CP Mary seems to prefer wearing more simple jewels. I like how she has change the earrings and added pearls. Or how she has worn a part of the huge brooch as a pendant.

By the way, she has now added a ring to match the set, so now its made up of the tiara, earrings, necklace, brooch, bracelet & ring.:flowers:
I think you explained it perfectly and this really might be the reason. However, personally I find her pointy long face very charming and always thought that she looked great with the pointy version of the tiara.

Mary has worn the earrings in three different versions. The original version is very big and must be uncomfortable to wear. Also the whole look can be quiter overpowering, especially when worn with the necklace too. Than she also wore a small version with only the top element of the earings. That always seemed a bit too small for gala occasions, imo. The lastest version with pearls is the perfect middle way, imo it suits Mary very well.

:previous: The ring was always a part of the parure Terri Terri :)
Really? I didn't know that! Thanks Madame Royale...you learn something new every day!:flowers: CP Mary only wore the ring last year, at Victoria's wedding! Would you happen to know who had the ring before Mary wore it?:)

personally I find her pointy long face very charming and always thought that she looked great with the pointy version of the tiara.

True! But then again, we don't have to wear a huge tiara on our heads! IMO, Mary may have looked at her head in the mirror and thought it looked way too long with the more "pointy" version of the tiara!:lol::ROFLMAO:

Really? I didn't know that! Thanks Madame Royale...you learn something new every day!:flowers: CP Mary only wore the ring last year, at Victoria's wedding! Would you happen to know who had the ring before Mary wore it?:)

You're more than welcome, Terri :)

The ring belongs to the parure. So before Mary acquired it's use, it was in the possession of Queen Ingrid.

I don't know if the ruby ring belongs to the parure, but Queen Ingrid mostly wore a large oval diamond with the parure. This ring is now worn by Queen Margrethe II. Queen Ingrid and the ruby ring - Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Does anybody know what happened to Queen Ingrid's five row pearl necklaces? I've not seen any of her daughters wearing them.
And another question - other than the ruby parure and the Khedive tiara, what other jewels she wore at galas? Was the diamond collet necklace that Margrethe II now wears still hers or did Queen Ingrid use it on loan from her eldest daughter?

Bobby

Ah! Tilia C., that panel is gorgeous! just what I was looking for. Thank you. Yup, I was talking about the change Queen Ingrid made to it. I prefer the wilder look of Ingrid's version but I do understand why Mary changed it and the new version suits her very well. Ingrids version always looked slightly awkward on Mary's head but she wears the new version well.

While I was thinking a few days ago how many of Queen Alexandrine's and Queen Ingrid's jewellery left the main line of the DRF ,I realised that most of Alexandrine's jewellery that went into the " main branch" of her family were gifted to her granddaughters very early into their adulthoods: her drop tiara and delicious Russian sapphires were given to Margrethe, the floral brooches were turned into a tiara for Benedikte, who also got her amethysts I believe , and her long diamond sautoir was divided between Benedikte and Anne Marie. Moreover , I don't think that Queen Ingrid ever wore any of these pieces. So my question is which pieces that belonged to her m-i-l did Ingrid used during her lifetime and , if I am correct thinking that she only used bits and not substancial pieces, is there a reason of it, like a decision made by Alexandrine regarding her granddaughter or hard feeling between the two women?

Did Joachim & the other grand children receive anything?

are there jewllery worm by ingrid we have not seen yet after her death

Possibly yes, but only 'insignificant' (;)) pieces saved for gifts for special occasions in the family, like rings, brooches and pendants. For instance Princess Marie was seen wearing a pendant of Ingrid's some time ago. It's the stuff RF members are presented with after giving birth or at major birthdays, small pieces of jewellery with family stories attached to them.
At the bottomline: I don't think that we shall expect any surprises from 'the vault'.

viv

Last edited:
:previous: The video does not work for me. :ermm:

i wonder if the jewllery given to Benedikte and anne-marie will be lost later on or if they are not used in the future can be boight back to the main family

Benediktes daghters do not take part in to many gala events and her son has no children

Princess Alexandra
Children
Count Richard von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth
Countess Ingrid von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth

Princess Nathalie
children
Konstantin Johannsmann
Louisa Johannsmann

jewllery benedikte has from her mother
Queen Sofias Star tiara

what other jewllery are there?

i wonder if the jewllery given to Benedikte and anne-marie will be lost later on or if they are not used in the future can be boight back to the main family

Benediktes daghters do not take part in to many gala events and her son has no children

Princess Alexandra
Children
Count Richard von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth
Countess Ingrid von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth

Princess Nathalie
children
Konstantin Johannsmann
Louisa Johannsmann

jewllery benedikte has from her mother
Queen Sofias Star tiara

what other jewllery are there?

Anne Marie has the Khedive tiara