Queen Fabiola Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Fabiola was quite wrong that this jewellery, from a head of state, did not go to Queen Paola and then on to Queen Mathilde. This jewellery was obviously an official present.

I am also surprised that a demi-parure that was a gift to Queen Fabiola from the King of Morocco ended up in possession of a "private person". However, there seems to be growing evidence that the Queen's estate was split among far more people than originally thought, including apparently her Spanish relatives.

Last edited:
The official explanation, that everything went to the Oeuvres de la Reine was always rather suspect. A while after the Queen's death her Spanish relatives started complaining in the newspaper, about how they would hear or receive a thing, not even items belonging to their own family. These complaints suddenly stopped. Why?

This year we saw the house in Mortril is used by the Spanish relatives. And now this. Although it is a very ugly piece of jewelry it sould indeed have stayed with the crown. The fate of the rest of the 'missing' jewelry of Fabiola seems to be clear.

Queen Fabiola was quite wrong that this jewellery, from a head of state, did not go to Queen Paola and then on to Queen Mathilde. This jewellery was obviously an official present.

The Belgian RF don't seem to have any concept of continuity regarding the family jewels and this is another example of jewels being sold off that could have formed part of a house Collection or reserved for use by the queen.

What a shame.

Queen Fabiola never wore it . I think she gave it as present long ago as the seller is not a member of the Royal Family.
Queen Paola received jewels of the wife of the Congo President she may not wear and are in a foundation.
The question is now where will go Queen Paola Art deo tiara worn by Queen Elisabeth and Astrid before..

Interesting that this necklace which was an official gift remained the personal property of Queen Fabiola who apparently never wore it. Can they keep official gifts given during State Visits as personal property or had that changed by now?
But then the necklace doesn't look to nice for me.

Queen Fabiola never wore it . I think she gave it as present long ago as the seller is not a member of the Royal Family.
Queen Paola received jewels of the wife of the Congo President she may not wear and are in a foundation.
The question is now where will go Queen Paola Art deo tiara worn by Queen Elisabeth and Astrid before..

Will it be used by the royal family's main line?

Interesting that this necklace which was an official gift remained the personal property of Queen Fabiola who apparently never wore it. Can they keep official gifts given during State Visits as personal property or had that changed by now?

Yes I was wondering that too,

They could also have altered the necklace if it had been kept as the pearls are really beautiful.

Official gifts

Are official gifts considered the property of royal who received them or are they considered the property of the state? If the latter is there a known date when that became a rule of law?

I suspect there were no rules in place when Fabiola was the Queen Consort, and they have now been put in place.

Good question. Are some Royals pocketing stuff and using their positions for financial gain?

Back
Top Bottom