The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-09-2021, 05:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
As for Elisabeth: I would not be surprised if she will receive something new, a gift from the Belgian nobility or something like the dainty tiara of Princess Claire & the glued pearls. The most appropriate gift would of course be the bandeau of Queen Elisabeth but I would not be surprised -at all- if that one will leave the main line of the Belgian RF too.
At what time/milestone would she likely receive such gift?

Old 04-09-2021, 06:38 AM
Majesty

The Belgian Nobility will always keep its Tradition

For Princess Mathilde their tiara was not ready She wore Queen Paola's tiara as loan.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Elisabeth already received a gift from the Belgian nobility for her 18th birthday: a necklace not a tiara. I assume that the nobility would have asked beforehand what kind of gift would be appreciated. If the BRF indicated that the princess would like a necklace, that probably means that the tiara question was already solved within the family. I really hope that this means that she will receive that art deco tiara of Queen Paola. But maybe Mathilde will pass down her laurel tiara. Tbh, I do not expect them to acquire a new tiara for Elisabeth, because the BRF has, for a long time, shown that they do not prioritize jewellery.

I'd really love to see the Spanish tiara again, it is grand and so versatile. But as Marengo already stated above, the provenance is problematic and the BRF might want to avoid any controversy about it. And I don't think that they keep it stored away for Elisabeth because the tiara would be a bit too much for such a young princess. And it would be inappropriate for her to wear grander jewels than Queen Mathilde.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post
There were rumors that some of the stones were fake. If true, perhaps that is another reason it has been missing in action.
No reason for that.

Based on the story, when she received a tiara, Fabiola gave it to the jewelers who supposedly discovered that those stones were fake (not the whole tiara, just center stones), but they were quickly replaced, so Fabiola never wore this tiara with fake stones, but with real replaced ones.

Tags
jewellery, queen fabiola