The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-26-2016, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Thank you Maria Olivia,did they pass to Queen Mathilde following the death of dowager queen Fabiola?
Until now they haven't been worn by Queen Mathilde so their whereabouts is not known.
Queen Fabiola had at last 5 drope shaped aquamarine's with she also sometimes wore on a simple diamond chain.

Old 11-26-2016, 03:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

The State Visit to the Netherlands, coming week, is the best possibility for Queen Mathilde to pack out with her jewels. The "problem" is that the Diadem of the Nine Provinces is her very best diadem.

In size the Spanish Wedding Gift Diadem is bigger but it is lesser in carat power and most likely also in quality, in comparison with the Nine Provinces.

Maybe Queen Mathilde will wear some aquamarines (King Baudouin's gift) or some diamond fleurons (from the Spanish Wedding Gift) on the second evening, the music gala in the Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ in Amsterdam.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Until now they haven't been worn by Queen Mathilde so their whereabouts is not known.
Queen Fabiola had at last 5 drope shaped aquamarine's with she also sometimes wore on a simple diamond chain.
Lets hope they reappear in the near future as it would be a shame if they were sold off .

The Antwerp diamond brooch also belonged to the late queen dowager,hopefully it to is still with the Belgian royal family.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...02ff358a34.jpg
Old 11-26-2016, 07:31 AM
Majesty

To me the Wolfers tiara was a Belgian Present and went to the Belgian Queen.
For the Spanish tiara ans the aquamarines, the Queen had other Nieces she loved very much, wait and see..
Old 11-26-2016, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
To me the Wolfers tiara was a Belgian Present and went to the Belgian Queen.
For the Spanish tiara ans the aquamarines, the Queen had other Nieces she loved very much, wait and see..
But she got the spanish tiara because whom she married: The King of the Belgians. And what use would her spanish nephews and nieces have with such a big tiara. They would probably sell it. Better to give them smaller items like bracelets, earrings etc. if she wanted to give them Jewellry.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I really hope we see the Spanish tiara next week on the State Visit and that its ownership is still with the Belgian Royal family.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Queen Fabiola's Spanish Wedding Gift Tiara

While I love the smaller version of this tiara, I dislike the design in it's largest form. There is something about the design I don't like.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's beautiful in the so called smaller. The leafs are large enough, without the extra base, to make it an impressive tiara. The large version the leaves look like odd points on tips. The smaller version is a more cohesive look. Similar to a floral tiara.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its my personal favourite Belgian tiara and I really hope its still with the royal family.

It so perfectly suited the late queen Fabiola who oozed regality but I hated it worn as a necklace.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:15 AM
Majesty

As far as I remember Fabiola received two frames from Mrs Franco.
She wore the coronet at the beginning and stops wearing the other base for always.
Where is the Coronet base ?
Who find our the red stones were fake stones , the belgian Court jeweler of that time?
Old 12-21-2016, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Fabiola's beautiful pearl and diamond earrings and diamond waterfall brooch both of which have been worn by queen Mathilde.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-H5eXcm-4R9...2BMathilde.JPG
Old 12-08-2018, 01:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Spanish Wedding Gift Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I only love the smaller version of this tiara.
Old 04-07-2021, 06:35 PM
Majesty

Queen Fabiola's Tunisian Parure
http://www.royalwatcherblog.com/2018...unisian-parure
Old 04-08-2021, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Spanish Wedding Gift Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I only love the smaller version of this tiara.
The only Belgian tiara fit for a queen and its fate is still unknown almost 7 years after the death of queen Fabiola.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The only Belgian tiara fit for a queen and its fate is still unknown almost 7 years after the death of queen Fabiola.
Maybe it's in the vaults waiting one day for future Queen Elizabeth.

As far as I remember, here or on another board, Fabiola's family said that they didn't receive any jewelry in her will and he have seen some of her jewelry on Mathilde.

So, maybe the tiara is waiting for the right moment, just like the Stuart tiara in the Netherlands and Queen Sophie's diamond tiara in Greek royal family.

I least, I hope :)
Old 04-08-2021, 05:59 PM
Serene Highness

I wouldn’t hold my breath for the ”Spanish Gift” Tiara to ever appear on either QM or her daughter...

Lets be honest, it’s rather the ”Mr and Mrs Franco Gift” Tiara (QF even recived it directly from the hands of Mrs Franco) than just from ”the people of Spain” so it’s hardly uncontroversial and any outing from someone who is not Fabiola, neither spanish, wouldn’t go unnoticed...

For Princess Elisabeth, they should rather buy back her great great grandmothers signature piece, the Queen Elisabeth Cartier Bandeau Tiara..
Old 04-08-2021, 06:50 PM
Aristocracy

It's possible that the Spanish Wedding Gift Tiara would not be appropriate for certain events, but I do think it could be worn again,if it is still the property of the Royal Family. Simply because they do not have an extensive tiara collection. (Small collections maybe allow the owners more license to wear controversial pieces.)

There were rumors that some of the stones were fake. If true, perhaps that is another reason it has been missing in action.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post

For Princess Elisabeth, they should rather buy back her great great grandmothers signature piece, the Queen Elisabeth Cartier Bandeau Tiara..
I cannot see the BRF (or any reigning royal family for that matter) buy a tiara that belonged to a previous royal for a price that could be substantially above the value of the contituent stones. Those higher prices typically reflect the premium for the provenance of the jewels. Royal families tend not to need to pay for provenance as they an acquire jewels new to them, and through thei use, give the jewels provenance.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:22 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think it would make sense to buy tiaras back that previously belonged to the family. As King Juan Carlos supposedly did with tiaras that belonged to his aunts or King Carl Gustav/ Prince Daniel supposedly did with the tiaras of Estelle Bernadotte and of course the Edward VII Ruby tiara of the King's uncle. But in reality that does not happen very often, it is a great pity that some of the Rosenborg jewels will leave the Danish RF. The Cartier tiara of Queen Elisabeth would be worth a preposterous sum right now of course.

If the Belgian RF had found the acquisition of jewels a priority they would have had many chances to buy some pieces back - or never to sell them in the first place. The - IMO lovely- pearl bandeau of Stephanie de Beauharnais was sold for a rather reasonable price in 2007 by princess Maria Gabriella of Italy. The RF sadly did not buy it but the Kunsthalle in Mannheim did. One wonders if the princess approached her Belgian cousin before the auction to give him the opportunity to quietly buy some of the Belgian pieces that were inherited from her mother Queen Marie José.

I will hold my breath about the Spanish tiara for the time being. Let's see what happens when the Duchess of Brabant starts wearing them but my hunch is that we will never see it again on a member of the Belgian RF. I can't see it being worn in Spain as Franco is still a controversial figure, esp. with the recent reburial and all that. In addition I suppose it would be rather odd on Elisabeth at this point as she would upstage her mother the Queen.

As for Elisabeth: I would not be surprised if she will receive something new, a gift from the Belgian nobility or something like the dainty tiara of Princess Claire & the glued pearls. The most appropriate gift would of course be the bandeau of Queen Elisabeth but I would not be surprised -at all- if that one will leave the main line of the Belgian RF too.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Didn't Queen Sofia of Spain receive the Spanish Floral Tiara as a gift from the Franco's as a wedding gift and its still the most widely worn Spanish tiara.

Queen Fabiola really added some wonderful pieces to the jewel empty Belgian RF.

Tags
jewellery, queen fabiola