Queen Elizabeth II Jewels 3: January 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any information as to the provenance of the brooch HM 8s wearing at the Garden Party today?

I haven't seen it before (though that means nothing) and I think it's very pretty. How many brooches does the Queen own? It must be in the dozens and appear to be her favourite items of jewellery.

we have (internet) name for the brooch :)

The Diamond and Pearl Navette Brooch

Image has been cropped and is not subject of copyright
NavetteBrooch.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't seen it before (though that means nothing) and I think it's very pretty. How many brooches does the Queen own? It must be in the dozens and appear to be her favourite items of jewellery.

HM has between 150 and 200 brooches but it varies as to who is counting - some people include military badges, others don't - and there may be some that we have yet to see of course - new ones pop up every year....
It is very rare - but no unknown - for HM to appear in public without a brooch.
There are up to around 10 which appear frequently, whilst others are aired only once a year or even less often.
:flowers:

Lovely new brooch, it is such a timeless design.

From "Her Majesty's vault" blog, her brooch from day 1 of her 90th birthday celebrations, the "Richmond" brooch
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: (Updated) The Queen's 90th Birthday Service and Governors-General Luncheon

I had never seen it and like that she used one of Q.Mary's jewels.

Do you guys think she'll wear the Cullinans one of these days? She wore Cullinan 3 and 4 on the celebrations a few years ago and i have to admit i shouted an "O...M...G.." at the tv when i saw it :lol:
I'd love to see them again pleeeeeaaaase

That was a very juicy article, Dman, thank you for the link.
Such beautiful jewellery!

Considering her tiaras have been passed down, I doubt there is any concern. The days you'd split tiaras off to other branches are done. No one but Charles and his line will have use and no need to sell for cash. Charles and later Will can lend out as the queen does now.

Something about the hanging emeralds bothers me,actually. Definitely not my favorite...

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara, Revisited

This tiara is absolutely incredible. So regal and beautiful. The emeralds and pearls are magnificent.
If you go into the comments there are several very well-done photoshops placing different gems into this tiara: rubies, sapphires, additional diamonds, etc. I personally think that two of Camilla's middle-eastern gift necklaces would serve as perfect "gem mines" to do this.

If you go into the comments there are several very well-done photoshops placing different gems into this tiara: rubies, sapphires, additional diamonds, etc. I personally think that two of Camilla's middle-eastern gift necklaces would serve as perfect "gem mines" to do this.

It would be wonderful if The Queen played around with the jewels for the tiara like that. Very creative.

I love mostly all the Brooches of Queen!! This is very beautiful and unique design!!

Back
Top Bottom