Queen Elizabeth II Jewels 3: January 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One can’t help but wonder, is the royal jewel vault just stacked with jewels in the boxes they came in, or is it like an amazing jewelry store with glass cases.

I suspect some of the jewellery is in the original boxes, and sone(eg, rings) put together in some boxes from where they are easily retrieved.

To my surprise, Elizabeth has not worn Mary's Fringe tiara a lot. These are the only pictures that I could find of her wearing the tiara:

1 2 3

Love the double fringe look, would love to see Catherine rock this (not sure the fringe would suit Camilla's hair style)

Deleted post

Love the double fringe look, would love to see Catherine rock this (not sure the fringe would suit Camilla's hair style)

I can certainly see the Princess of Wales wearing it and agree about the queen consorts hairstle.

I can certainly see the Princess of Wales wearing it and agree about the queen consorts hairstle.

I do think Queen Camilla can wear this tiara well. As Fringe tiara's go, it is not a small one. It might not be as imposing as the Kokoshnik or the Greville Bouch (which is not a Fringe), but it still has enough height to not get lost in the Queen's hair.

Does anyone think that the King and his Consort or the Wales couple will re-design any of the main line royal tiaras?

I'm also wondering if Queen Mary's little aigrettes are still intact. They might have been a bit unconventional for Queen Elizabeth's sensibilities, but Charles might like the reappearance of these little gems.

Camilla wearing Girls of Great Britain and ireland Tiara would fall good

Does anyone think that the King and his Consort or the Wales couple will re-design any of the main line royal tiaras?

I'm also wondering if Queen Mary's little aigrettes are still intact. They might have been a bit unconventional for Queen Elizabeth's sensibilities, but Charles might like the reappearance of these little gems.
I think highly unlikely. But it’s possible

The late Queen's collection of brooches has to be the finest of any of the royal houses.

Queen Elizabeth II's Edinburgh Wedding Bracelet with Romanov origins

Vincent Meylan just published a lovely post on his instagram account about the latest Boucheron high jewelry collection that is inspired by their art deco jewels. It is stated that QEII's famous aquamarine double clip brooch was in fact purchased by the late Duke of Kent and that 2 years after his death the clips were given to Princess Elizabeth.
Does any of you know how it went from the late Duke to Princess Elizabeth?
Who originally owned it? The Duke of Kent? Princess Marina? Who gave it to Princess Elizabeth for her 18th birthday?

Update from the fabulous Vincent Meylan instagram account:

The double clip brooch was bought by Prince George, the Duke of Kent who died in the meantime. Later on, in 1944 the brooch was given by the Duchess of Kent, Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Earl and Countess of Harewood to Princess Elisabeth for her 18th birthday.
It's so wonderful how the late Queen cherished this gift from her aunts and uncles.

On a list of the most spectacular royals, Queen Mary would always be on my top choice. Even in the costume party dressed as Marguerite de Valois, the last of the royal Valois, she looks regal to the power of nine.

Last edited:
Why did Queen Elizabeth II commission The Burmese Ruby Tiara?

:previous: It would be fabulous if Queen Camilla or The Princess of Wales wore The Williamson Pink Diamond Brooch at the Coronation.

The Williamson Pink Diamond Brooch was a favourite of the late queen,but I think it should be reserved for use by the queen consort alone.

I love that brooch but you can see she reserved it for very special occasions

I love that brooch but you can see she reserved it for very special occasions

Yes indeed and the late Queen also received it as a Wedding Present in 1947 from the Canadian Geologist, John Thorburn Wililamson.

The Williamson Pink Diamond Brooch was a favourite of the late queen,but I think it should be reserved for use by the queen consort alone.

I agree, I tjhink it should only be used by Queen Camilla.

This thread is about Elisabeth I jewels, so posts about Charles III coronation have been deleted as off topic.

Back
Top Bottom