Queen Elizabeth II Jewels 3: January 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ Or [at least] a look at a small percentage of it...

For the state banquet, HM is wearing the GGB&I tiara, the 3 string festoon necklace and Granny's chips.

Maybe she thought that she needed some extra carat power near Maxima!

The Queen is radiant...imagine being able to walk into your jewelry box...

For the state banquet, HM is wearing the GGB&I tiara, the 3 string festoon necklace and Granny's chips.

IF Queen Elizabeth II is competing against Queen Maxima, QEII is wrong because QEII ought to be so confident that she does not feel that she has to "out-diamond" anybody, including the wife of the head of the House of Orange. Therefore, I feel put off by the wearing of the Cullinan pieces as well as that important King George VI necklace, especially as Queen Elizabeth does not often wear this grand Cullinan brooch.

IF Queen Elizabeth II is competing against Queen Maxima, QEII is wrong because QEII ought to be so confident that she does not feel that she has to "out-diamond" anybody, including the wife of the head of the House of Orange. Therefore, I feel put off by the wearing of the Cullinan pieces as well as that important King George VI necklace, especially as Queen Elizabeth does not often wear this grand Cullinan brooch.

Her Majesty the Queen competes with no one !
She is after all the Doyenne of Sovereigns.
The Cullinan brooch is probably worn as a touching tribute to her guests - the stones were cut in the Netherlands.
It’s good to see the brooch again.

:previous:
I most certainly agree with you, as there is *nobody* that can outshine HM Queen Elizabeth 11 at any time or any where for she is the ultimate queen of all of them IMHO be it in diamonds or in life!

The most important aspect of this story (as this is a jewellery thread) is that there is ANOTHER unseen emerald tiara in HM's collection!

I so want to visit that vault

The most important aspect of this story (as this is a jewellery thread) is that there is ANOTHER unseen emerald tiara in HM's collection!

I so want to visit that vault

Or at the very least, the potential of another unseen tiara. Maybe we could go visit the vault together. i am more and more convinced that the vault is way, way deeper than we think and I am not talking about its location underground.:D

I wonder if everything is stored in boxes, and inventoried, or is it set up like a huge jewelry store with display cases. Either way, it is huge. I’m thinking large bank vault. I’ve been in some pretty awesome private silver vaults in homes, but I’m sure they are nothing compared to this.

I love the thought of the Queen having another tiara we don't know about and haven't seen. I wonder how many more tiaras there are with "unknown provenance" that they don't feel they can wear publicly.

Maybe it is this one

Saturday Sparkler: Alexandra Feodorovna's Emerald Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Although I highly doubt it...as I doubt the whole story.
The Queen wouldn't offer a tiara is she knows that she doesn't want to borrow it and I doubt that Prince Harry or Meghan has a thorough knowledge about the Queen's tiaras so they could have requested a certain emerald tiara-saying "come on Granny, we know that you have that emerald tiara, so HAND IT OVER because what Meghan WANTS, Megan GETS" - it is ridiculous...

In the version of the DM article I read this AM. about the Cenotaph Ceremony, the author said HM was wearing a diamond poppy brooch to anchor her red poppies. ??? It will be interesting to see if they correct it.

I too wonder what the vault looks like. Is everything just tagged and boxed or a big room of sparkle. I would assume there is a catalog of some sort for choices. I mean I don't know, just guessing!!! LOL

In the version of the DM article I read this AM. about the Cenotaph Ceremony, the author said HM was wearing a diamond poppy brooch to anchor her red poppies. ??? It will be interesting to see if they correct it.

They have changed it. I read the same thing and then later went back to check something in the same story and the brooch was referred to as a diamond brooch. With all the royal jewels sites available, I would think they would check first. Maybe it is more important to be first then to be accurate.

They have changed it. I read the same thing and then later went back to check something in the same story and the brooch was referred to as a diamond brooch. With all the royal jewels sites available, I would think they would check first. Maybe it is more important to be first then to be accurate.

I know, but what a stupid mistake. This was maybe the 3rd brooch I learned to recognize. I still get some of them wrong. But this one is blindingly distinctive (I mean that in a good way). :flowers:

I too wonder what the vault looks like. Is everything just tagged and boxed or a big room of sparkle. I would assume there is a catalog of some sort for choices. I mean I don't know, just guessing!!! LOL
Logically thonking, I assume that all jewellery is boxed and tagged. I remember reading that records are kept of every ensemble HM wears and what jewellery she wore with it.

As we all know HM wears an almost endless stream of brooches from the biggest selection in the world. It is only on rare occasions that she repeats a brooch unless it had a special significance to the occasion.

On rare occasions HM has been known to speak via her choice of jewels for a specific event. A particular State Banquet leaps to mind when she wore the most sparkling array of jewels complete with a brooch the size of a saucer! It made it's point about diplomacy and how things are done.

Today I was on line and saw a comment piece about the Queen saying her piece without uttering a word, and I suddenly thought "oh yes, I noticed that wondered". The article posited the theory that HM showed her disdain for hurtful gossip about a tiara squabble that never happened.

She wore the same brooch to anchor her five poppies at the Festival of Remembrance as she did to Harry and Megan's wedding.

I can just see her in my minds eye saying "Really! In exactly the same tone she used in the Invictus challenge yo the Obama's.

Today I was on line and saw a comment piece about the Queen saying her piece without uttering a word, and I suddenly thought "oh yes, I noticed that wondered". The article posited the theory that HM showed her disdain for hurtful gossip about a tiara squabble that never happened.

She wore the same brooch to anchor her five poppies at the Festival of Remembrance as she did to Harry and Megan's wedding.

I can just see her in my minds eye saying "Really! In exactly the same tone she used in the Invictus challenge yo the Obama's.

We are all entitled to believe what we want. If HM really wanted to respond to the emerald tiara gossip, perhaps Meghan can wear the said tiara to the Diplomatic Reception in a few weeks. That will ruffle a few feathers! ?

Back
Top Bottom