Queen Camilla Jewels 1: September 2022 - February 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany

Welcome to the
Queen Camilla Jewels thread part 1

The previous thread can be found here.

Commencing September 8, 2022

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators​

Last edited:
Is her brooch some kind of sword?

It looks like an insect to me. Her earrings are wonderful, has she worn them before?

Is her brooch some kind of sword?

It's a Stick insect brooch, gifted to her by her late father, Major Bruce Shand. Camilla do love insect brooches and has now a pretty extensive collection.

I never knew the brooch was from her father, it definitely gives it some poignancy wearing it today.

When you think about a stick insect the last place you expect to see one is as a brooch of a Queen! However, having worn her three-strand pearl choker with a small round diamond clasp and her everyday pearl drop earrings, I think she thought anything historic or overly ornate would detract from the whole ensemble. Now white gold or platinum diamond studded stick insect broke up the stark severity of her dress without detracting from the pearls.

I see the Leek brooch is out for the trip to Wales today.

** Close up **

I see the Leek brooch is out for the trip to Wales today.

** Close up **
That doesn't come as a surprise, does it?:flowers: But it's great to see the new Queen to continue the tradition of using her brooches as symbols of the connection with the regions they are visiting.
Has Camilla worn this one before, or is it the first time?

That doesn't come as a surprise, does it?:flowers: But it's great to see the new Queen to continue the tradition of using her brooches as symbols of the connection with the regions they are visiting.

She worn it before. I remember a "girls outing" with the Queen and the then duchess of Cambridge at Fortnum and Mason for exemple .

This Leek brooch has been used on many previous occasions by Camilla.

I must say Queen Camilla looks absolutely flawless - as she has always been since entering the Royal family.

For the funeral, the Queen is wearing Queen Victoria's Hesse jubilee diamond and sapphire brooch.

For the funeral, the Queen is wearing Queen Victoria's Hesse jubilee diamond and sapphire brooch.

I had thought that funeral jewellery had to be diamonds, pearls or amethysts. So, I am surprised at the wearing of sapphires at a state funeral.

It has diamonds and also a respectful way to bring Queen Victoria's history, her Jubilee brooch, to Queen Elizabeth II's funeral. She established with this symbol an historical bridge between both legends.

Did anybody notice the Queen appeared to be wearing a pair of sapphire and diamond earrings at the funeral? I have never seen that pair previously.

what jewllery has she worn up to now?

i easily could find these

tiaras
the Cubitt Tiara. (a family tiara)
the Delhi Durbar Tiara
the Greville Tiara

necklaces
The Greville necklace
Topaz pearl choker
Diamond serpent necklace
Diamond and Ruby Semi-Parure

Last edited:
Is the Queen wearing the East London Graving Dock brooch today at the start of the state visit?

:previous: no, it has a cabochon blueish center stone and seems smaller. (It takes me a while to recognise which brooch you're referring :D) Not sure is it new but I don't recall she has worn it before.

:previous: no, it has a cabochon blueish center stone and seems smaller. (It takes me a while to recognise which brooch you're referring :D) Not sure is it new but I don't recall she has worn it before.

Just seen a better picture, it is not the Graving Dock brooch.

She has worn this brooch with the blue centre stone (beryl?) once earlier for a summer engagement, possibly at Ascot.

This is an image when she had last worn the brooch:

https://beta.tt.se/bildobjekt/image/sdlO7VgJ0GGlrI

Last edited:
:previous: that's what I hope Camilla will wear but she probably has another idea. Hope she will use it in the banquet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom