Queen Camilla Jewels 1: September 2022 - February 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CnYX6pQPycl/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

historyfamousjewels on Instagram suggested the brooch Camilla wore in Christmas could be from Queen Mary.

If it's true it's great to see Camilla's digging something unseen from the vault!

I think it may well be the brooch previously used by Queen Mary. I am very much of the opinion that it is unlikely to be a new brooch but one from the vaults.

Camilla is wise to selectively and gradually start to use pieces associated with QE2, especially when there are probably plenty of other jewellery she can use that hasn't seen the light of day in decades.

I think it may well be the brooch previously used by Queen Mary. I am very much of the opinion that it is unlikely to be a new brooch but one from the vaults.

Camilla is wise to selectively and gradually start to use pieces associated with QE2, especially when there are probably plenty of other jewellery she can use that hasn't seen the light of day in decades.

Imagine spending the day in the jewellery vaults with Angela Kelly and deciding which pieces to revive. That's the only part of Camilla's life that I covet!

Is the brooch composed of little diamonds ?

Imagine spending the day in the jewellery vaults with Angela Kelly and deciding which pieces to revive. That's the only part of Camilla's life that I covet!

I suspect this must have been a series of meetings down at the vault to understand what all is in there. The next question will be to choose what items Camilla will use herself, and the ones she might share with Catherine or other members of the family.

As to the role of Angela Kelly, it is difficult to tell. I do not know if she will have a role in the C&C household. Perhaps a reduced role limited to looking after he jewellery for a limited period of time.

Last edited:
Any report mentioning Angela Kelly recently has suggested she has been let go. There doesn't seem any love lost between her and some members of the family. I'm sure there are others who worked with her who will be bale to guide Camilla and Charles through the jewels and do all the necessary work. There were a team of dresser and the jewellers who did any necessary work, Charles seems knowledgable about important family pieces as well.

I suspect this must have been a series of meetings down at the vault, perhaps on an ongoing basis.

As to the role of Angela Kelly, it is difficult to tell. I do not know if she will have a role in the C&C household. Perhaps a reduced role limited to looking after he jewellery for a limited period of time.

I think Angela is retired now but she's the person who has been using those vaults the longest so I'd choose her to accompany me on my expedition. I wonder if they also have a photographic catalogue with information on each piece? I think they must have by now.

I love these earrings. Would be interested to know more about them.

I've also never seen them before but I normally miss most of the queen consorts earrings with her hairstyle.

They're quite something. I'm glad to see that she's not afraid to choose bold pieces, even now that she's the Queen Consort. Her private jewel collection is fairly extensive.
Bold is what I have been missing, instead of her fabulous chokers and gorgoeous emeralds and diamonds in her personal collection she has been wearing multiple thin bracelets and necklaces and then of course those Magic Alhambra pieces.

I am so over those. Camila is made to "Go Large" whether it be jewels or hats. She knows how to make a statement and I hope she pulls out all the stops and puts her very own mark on the Queen's jewels. While she had the use ofthe Bucheron it was not hers just as Catherine has the use of the Lovers knot.

Now she is Queen perhaps we will see the Delhi Durbar in a slightly more fitted style or small changes to other jewels that suit her just as the QM an LQ did.

Did anyone recognise the brooch the Queen is wearing for the visit to Brick Lane today?

** Full view ** Full view **

I think this 'crown' brooch looks as if she's laughing at the whole thing.

Do we know anything on its orgins?

Not really. My guess is this, along with the brooch worn on Christmas day, was found by Camilla in the royal vaults. I suspect there will be more pieces of jewellery that will emerge, previously unworn by QE2.

Last edited:
AFAIK ? Can you explain this acronym, I don’t recognise it. Thank you.

For the Commonwealth Day service at The Abbey, the Queen is wearing the large Russian sapphire and diamond brooch. AFAIK, it was only used once by QE2, for a trip to Ron’s and to see the Pope in 2015 or thereabouts.

The is the first time HM has used a brooch previously used by QE2.

It's a stunning brooch and I'd love to see it close up. I hope she wears it more often than QE2 did.

The sapphire brooch looks stunning on Queen Camilla and great that she finally is bringing out some of HLMs jewels. I guess the reason that HLM ddn't wear it much is that she inherited it quite late and then had already of sapphire brooches to choose from.

The sapphire brooch looks stunning on Queen Camilla and great that she finally is bringing out some of HLMs jewels.

I suspect this was a suitably respectful period of time to wait following the death of QE2.

I guess the reason that HLM ddn't wear it much is that she inherited it quite late and then had already of sapphire brooches to choose from.

There is the issue of inheriting it late in life, but there is also the issue of the Albert Sapphire brooch. If you have that, it is difficult to want to use another large sapphire and diamond brooch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom