Queen Camilla Jewels 1: September 2022 - February 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a really beautiful brooch worn today!

What a really beautiful brooch worn today!

I agree. Camilla has worn this brooch a few times in Scotland over the last few years. It is quite a substantial sized brooch, with a pleasing aesthetic.

The Windsors have the finest brooch collection and Camilla likes to wear brooches like her late mother in law.

The Windsors have the finest brooch collection and Camilla likes to wear brooches like her late mother in law.

I think Camilla appreciates the use of brooches when she is dressed formally for events like this. At other times, she is less dressed up, and will rarely wear one, unlike QE2 who pretty much always had one on.

I am not fond of turquoise, but they suit the queen very well.

I am not fond of turquoise, but they suit the queen very well.

Agreed. I’m not a fan of turquoise either, but she wears them very well.

Did anybody notice the Queen appeared to be wearing a pair of sapphire and diamond earrings at the funeral? I have never seen that pair previously.

I wondered where they came from (as Camilla does not have her ears pierced), then i read the blog (https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2023/07/queen-camillas-big-royal-jewelry-moments-so-far.html) and realised that the sapphire ‘studs’ worn to QEII funeral are from the sapphire earrings worn to Camilla’s first state banquet as Queen.

The blog linked showed the pictures - does anyone else think the earrings are adaptable?? And have they drawn the same conclusions??

I wondered where they came from (as Camilla does not have her ears pierced), then i read the blog (https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2023/07/queen-camillas-big-royal-jewelry-moments-so-far.html) and realised that the sapphire ‘studs’ worn to QEII funeral are from the sapphire earrings worn to Camilla’s first state banquet as Queen.

The two earrings don't look same to me. The diamonds of the funeral one seems bigger, while the state visit one has smaller diamonds. The settings look slightly different as well.

However I'm wondering are the funeral earrings from the George VI necklace, considering the length is adjustable, maybe some clusters have been taken out and modified as earrings?

The blog linked showed the pictures - does anyone else think the earrings are adaptable?? And have they drawn the same conclusions??

The two earrings don't look same to me. The diamonds of the funeral one seems bigger, while the state visit one has smaller diamonds. The settings look slightly different as well.

However I'm wondering are the funeral earrings from the George VI necklace, considering the length is adjustable, maybe some clusters have been taken out and modified as earrings?

I do not believe the earrings that Queen Camilla wore to the funeral of QE2 are either the pendant part of the earrings worn to her state banquet for the President of South Africa or are extracted fro the George VI necklace.

The colour of the sapphires on the George VI necklace is lighter, and the sapphires are larger than those on the earrings.

Similarly, the pendants on the SA state banquet earrings are larger than the earrings worn to the funeral of QE2.

Would have loved to see a brooch on Camilla today.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Tiara for the State dinner at Versailles tonight but some spectacular sapphires.

Sad no tiara, be nice to see her rock something more than those we have already seen her in but then again it is a black tie dinner so a new major tiara was unlikely. Are the sapphires the necklace given to the late Queen be George VI and the bracelet later matched to it?

Sad no tiara, be nice to see her rock something more than those we have already seen her in but then again it is a black tie dinner so a new major tiara was unlikely. Are the sapphires the necklace given to the late Queen be George VI and the bracelet later matched to it?
She could have worn one of the tiaras she has alreadyworn. And I find it disappointing that she doesn't wear as Queen Elizabeth II. always wore one gorgeous black tie State Banquets

I dislike Christmas-tree dressing. Therefore, I support Queen Consort Camilla's choice of wearing fave sapphires and no tiara in Paris tonight.
The left-wrist bracelet looks beautiful and I wonder what the origin is.

I would have loved to see The Queen in a tiara. That aside, the sapphire suite looks wonderful on her.

I too would have liked to see Camilla in a tiara.
If she can't wear one to a state dinner, when can she? There are already too few opportunities to don a tiara.

She could have worn one of the tiaras she has alreadyworn. And I find it disappointing that she doesn't wear as Queen Elizabeth II. always wore one gorgeous black tie State Banquets

I'm sure she wore the Cubitt-Shand Tiara at an otherwise black tie event before so I did wonder if she'd do the same again.

I'm sure she wore the Cubitt-Shand Tiara at an otherwise black tie event before so I did wonder if she'd do the same again.

And she wore the Greville honeycomb tiara at the Dinner before the dutch Inaugauration which was black tie and to many of the Commonwealth Dinners

Rather disappointing not to see a tiara on the queen at Versailles.

Unfortunately, the ladies of the BRF while happy the sport a tiara at a 'Black Tie' family and friends type of occasion, always follow the formal rules on state visits which dictate that tiaras are only worn to 'White Tie' events. Rats!!!

I think the Sapphires have become her first favourite suite of serious jewellery and they look amazing on her. I think she is planning the necklines of her gala gowns to be styled to suit the jewellery she is intending to wear. To be honest, this is the first totally "regal" sartorial sucker-punch she has delivered. Now all we need is lots of incoming State Visits with 'White Tie' Banquets to enhance our viewing pleasure.

I love the gown and the sapphire and it's definitely a great look, (sapphire definitely is her gemstone) but somehow I wish to see her trying more colour combination, like pairing the sapphires with a burgundy gown, or even pairing this navy gown with some rubies.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the ladies of the BRF while happy the sport a tiara at a 'Black Tie' family and friends type of occasion, always follow the formal rules on state visits which dictate that tiaras are only worn to 'White Tie' events. Rats!!!

But Queen Elizabeth did not as she always a tiara at black tie State Dinners.

If that is the norm now then we will seen even fewer tiaras because I guess there will be a lot of outgoing State Visits coming and at msot the State Dinner will be black tie.

I love the gown and the sapphire and it's definitely a great look, (sapphire definitely is her gemstone) but somehow I wish to see her trying more colour combination, like pairing the sapphires with a burgundy gown, or even pairing this navy gown with some rubies.

That’s exactly my thought too. Much as the ‘all blue’ look is very attractive and of course the sapphires are stunning, when I saw the first pic with her wearing the cape , I thought rubies would have been a more interesting choice.

If that is the norm now then we will seen even fewer tiaras because I guess there will be a lot of outgoing State Visits coming and at msot the State Dinner will be black tie.

We already see far too few BRF tiara events . I wish they would resurrect wearing them to gala occasions like the Royal Command Performance or important occasions at the Royal Opera House. Sadly, I know this is a pipe dream.
I’m struck just how few full evening wear occasions with opportunities to bring out the serious jewels, the BRF have compared to other families.

It is indeed. She looked amazing in those sapphires.

I do love a tiara appearance, but those sapphires took some of the sting away. Just stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom