Queen Camilla Jewels 1: September 2022 - February 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Liverpool today, the Queen once again wore her royal blue ensemble, which she paired with the crown brooch she has used a fair few times in 2023.

Its a firm favourite of the queen consort and I think one expert described it as a Tudor crown?

Last edited:
I don't think it's the Tudor Rose, more like the badge of the Grenadier Guards.

Might need a closer look to identify by QC is spoiling us with beautiful brooches this week!

Deleted post.

Coronation necklace, no headgear, V-neck dress!

Coronation necklace, no headgear, V-neck dress!

Queen Camilla did not wear the coronation earrings, opting instead to wear her won diamond solitaire earrings. She has worn this pair a few times since late 2019, when they made their debut at the Festival of Remembrance concert at the Royal Albert Hall. Since then, she has worn them for an official dinner in Athens, and then again for the Service of Thanksgiving as part of the Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

Since her earlobes aren't pierced, probably we wouldn't see her wearing any earrings from the vault (I doubt there are clip on earrings).

I'm glad that we are slowly seeing the royal ice and that Queen Consort Camilla is not a Christmas tree dresser. I can't remember seeing this emerald knot pin before and I had thought that Queen Mary was given a Fabergé sapphire and diamond pin by the Russian royals.

Beautiful emerald brooch and some new gold earrings as well?

I'm glad that we are slowly seeing the royal ice and that Queen Consort Camilla is not a Christmas tree dresser. I can't remember seeing this emerald knot pin before and I had thought that Queen Mary was given a Fabergé sapphire and diamond pin by the Russian royals.

As was common Mary was showered in jewels as wedding gifts. She in fact received two brooches from Russia as wedding gifts.

The sapphire you are thinking of was a gift from Empress Maria Federovna who was the aunt of the groom (born Dagmar of Denmark, was Alexandra's sister).

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2019/09/queen-marys-russian-brooch.html

While the emerald we are seeing on Camilla was a gift from Maria's son Nicholas who was only heir at the time. Said to be bought from his personal funds for his cousin's new bride.

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2023/05/24/queen-marys-celtic-knot-brooch/

Wouldn't be surprised if they are another "new" brooch from the vault. She's having fun in the vault.

And her previous daily pearl earrings! I thought they're "retired".

Wouldn't be surprised if they are another "new" brooch from the vault. She's having fun in the vault.

And her previous daily pearl earrings! I thought they're "retired".

I have no doubt that there are many more brooches in those vaults that haven't seen daylight in decades.

Camilla's approach to jewellery from the vault seems to be:

> Do not be afraid to take on certain big pieces to establish yourself as the new Queen as well as successor to QE2 as the custodian of the vault. Examples include the use of the George VI sapphires, the City of London Fringe necklace, the Albert sapphire brooch etc.

> That said, on a more day to day basis, focus on old pieces of jewellery either not used at all or only rarely used by QE2. Examples include the Celtic emerald brooch, the Tudor Crown diamond brooch, the QE2 confirmation brooch in turquoise.

> Be generous in sharing jewellery with Catherine, eg: the use of the Festoon necklace for the coronation.

A really lovely brooch too and the emerald in Armagh ,burial site of St Patrick too!

We clearly do not have any information as to the provenance of the brooch, but it looks art deco to me.

:previous: It seems that Camilla has a whimsical turn of mind for the wearing of jewels that copy life. Her butterflies, etc, and now a beautifully detailed bee attached to the belt loops of her dress. How wonderful that kids can play 'I spy' with her ensembles!

https://media.gettyimages.com/id/12...=nahTVdNzh38zjjp5dEpQu9woC9ARgznWzb5soapGeco=
Queen Consort Camilla wore this bee pin on her belt at a public duty in London today. I have never seen this pin before. The collection is just enormous.

That is a lovely brooch, thank you for pointing it out.

It was a very apt choice as the Queen, in her role as President of Bees for Development, attended the Bees for Development (BFD) Bee Garden Party at Marlborough House yesterday.

Long may her ongoing rummaging through the royal jewellery vault continue!

Last edited:
It was pointed to me on another site that an identical brooch was sold in 2018. The brooch is described as: A jewelled antique novelty bee brooch set with rubies, diamonds and tiger eye in gold and silver, designed as a bee with tiger abdomen, ruby eyes, and black enamel and diamond body, with further diamonds set in the wings. Length 3.2cm. Weight 11.05g.​
Est: £800 GBP - £1.200 GBP

This is also in line with the timeline, since we know Camilla has been wearing the brooch since 2019.

Link to the listing - https://www.invaluable.com/auction-...velty-bee-brooch-set-with-ru-148-c-4fd4b3fb9e

Edit: After comparing the the two, I noticed some key differences in the wings and the number of diamonds between the eyes.

Last edited:
Great to see this again. It appears to have been a favourite of the late Queen, so I did wonder if we would see it worn by Camilla and might miss a generation.So glad she’s wearing these gorgeous pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom