Queen Beatrix Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tiara is truly beautiful and this photograph shows it's details really well. Of course it helps that the picture is taken at an angle from above. Otherwise the details of the base would have remained hidden.

Princess Beatrix had the better tiara last night and has always suited her hairstyle.

Beatrix 's hair is perfect for that tiara where it didn't have the same wow effect on the Princess of Orange.
What a difference a hairstyle can make.

Beatrix 's hair is perfect for that tiara where it didn't have the same wow effect on the Princess of Orange.
What a difference a hairstyle can make.

I completely agree with you...Somehow, on Amalia it looks like she is wearing some kind of "barbie tiara".

On Beatrix, it looks regal.

I completely agree with you...Somehow, on Amalia it looks like she is wearing some kind of "barbie tiara".

When worn by Maxima it also most of the time doesn't work. Only at her Wedding Day and when she wore it for Princess Märtha Louis'e Wedding. One Princesses Beatrix and Margriet it always look great because it sinks a bit in their hair.

Last edited:

And Beatrix is naturally regal and has worn some really beautiful jewels over the years.

I hate to be morbid but what will happen to Beatrix's personal jewels ?
I'm sure the former monarch has a very impressive personal jewel chest.

And Beatrix is naturally regal and has worn some really beautiful jewels over the years.

I hate to be morbid but what will happen to Beatrix's personal jewels ?
I'm sure the former monarch has a very impressive personal jewel chest.

I am sure her personal jewels will end up being divided amongst her children and grandchildren, as happens in most families. In some cases, younger, non-main line royal children may prefer to take more money than jewellery, but Mabel will certainly not need the cash and I suspect will take their share of the jewellery. I amnot quite sure of how well off Constantijn is, and what his preference might be.

More or less alike in Britain, inheritances and gifts to the King are free of taxes.
I can imagine Princess Beatrix leaving it all to the King, with remainders.

Meaning: using the King as a "hub" for the distribution of properties.

Constitution

Article 40

Second lemma

The payments received by members of the Royal House from the State, together with such assets as are of assistance to them in the exercise of their duties, are exempt from personal taxation.

In addition, anything received by the King or his heir presumptive from a member of the Royal House by inheritance or as a gift is exempt from taxation. Additional exemption from taxation may be granted by Act of Parliament.

The purpose of this article is to keep the royal assets intact. Otherwise the King would be slammed with hefty taxes on items like the Golden State Coach, palace inventories or artworks, while it are items seen as "necessary for a proper execution of the royal dignity".

Last edited:
Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands wore Queen Juliana’s Aquamarine Tiara for the banquet during the state visit from Italy at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam on 9 November 2022.

Beautiful black and white pearl necklace on Princess Beatrix :previous:

Princess Beatrix tiara appearance in 2022

Can anyone tell me more about the beautiful jewellery Beatrix is wearing in these photos taken at the occasion of her 80th birthday? The earrings and brooch look like milky aquamarines. I cannot find any information anywhere.

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/binar...to-s/prinses-beatrix/prinses-beatrix-80-3.jpg

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/binar...to-s/prinses-beatrix/prinses-beatrix-80-7.jpg
@dutchroyaljewels on Instagram has traced the large sapphire to Queen Juliana. The earrings should be either also sapphires or possibly chalcedony.

Former Queen Beatrix had one of finest collection of brooches ,rivalled only by the late QEII!

@dutchroyaljewels on Instagram has traced the large sapphire to Queen Juliana. The earrings should be either also sapphires or possibly chalcedony.

That's interesting, thanks! I never would have thought they were sapphires. They looked so light and almost turquoise to me, reminded me of a milky aqua set I have.

Back
Top Bottom