Queen Anne Marie Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If only we (or they) could mix Queen Anne-Marie's Ruby Tiara with the rest of Crown Princess Mary's Ruby parure! I think QAM has the better tiara but CPM has the better earrings, necklace, brooch, etc.

A thief took away a brazalet (made with a ruby and saphire) from Queen Anne-Marie (inherited from Queen Olga of Greece) a the airport of Geneve, Switzerland. There is a legal dispute about that issue with the airport of Geneve. Check the information at the minute 4:39 of this video:
YouTube - CONSTANTINE...A King's Story...Part.: 01

i have forgotten what jewllery did the queen wear in sweden?

Queen Anne Marie is one of my favourite Royal ladies. I love the way she colour co-ordinates her outfits to her tiaras. I know all the royal ladies do so but she is a cut above the rest in this area.

May I ask if the cross which hanged at her 3 row pearls the day of Nicolas 's wedding was the cross she wore at her wedding ?

I also believe it is the same cross. The cross she wore at her wedding was a gift from Frederika I believe, while the small diamond line she used to wear it was a her parents gift.

Queen Anne Marie during Prince Nikolaos' wedding festivities:

Original images has been heavily cropped (comprising less than 20% of the original) and are not subject to copyright.

Attachments

• 200.jpg
    200.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 4,834
  • 201.jpg
    201.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 2,398
The diamond cross was given to Anne-Marie by her parents for her wedding. It's very beautiful.:flowers:

My gut feeling on Queen Fredericka's Diamond tiara is that it was probably used as colateral for a loan to get the Royal family set up in exhile, and once the loan is paid back we will see the tiara returned. Not "sold" per se, but not available to wear either. And because of the financial state of Greece I don't think we'll see it pop up anytime soon.

Concerning AM's emerald parure, was there a different necklace that once belonged to this set? I know the tiara itself can be converted into a necklace, but AM usually wears a diamond necklace that once belonged to her grandmother Queen Alexandrine of Denmark with some of the emerald brooch pendants hanging from it. Even in the early pictures of QAM in the emerald parure she's wearing this necklace. Was there once a different necklace in the set, and if so what happened to it?

The parure came to Greece through Queen Olga . Those emerald where her wedding gift from her uncle Nicholas I think . But when Olga received the emerald they were unset, and she kept them this way as long as she has been using them , wearing them in different ways ( the drop hanging from different damond necklaces , the large cabochon emeralds as brooches or pinned to her kokoshnik etc.) The one who had them set by Cartier was Elisabeth of Roumania, that's why the tiara has the E elements on it . I have no idea how many emeralds Olga originally received , but five of the larger ones were set by Elisabeth in a tiara and a few smaller that were used for the corsage brooch, and there were not enough left to from a necklace. Since Olga left all of her Russian emeralds to her grandson King George, we can only assume that some of them were sold during the second exile or tha Elisabeth kept them as a part of her divorce settlement (highly unlikely IMO) This is the photo I have seen which shows most of the Russian emeralds (one drop is missing from the necklace) and I ve counted 7 of the 8 emerald drops, four large emeralds on her corsage (they maust be in the tiara judging from the size) and one smaller on her shoulder five on her necklace and three in her kokoshnik. That's the only necklace I have ever seen with the cabochon emeralds
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2249/yutyu.jpg

Oh Boris, Of course I take care of my chocolate intake. It is one of the things that keeps me alive. Now nobody would want that magnificent goodie, Queen Frederika's or Queen Sophie's tiara to miraculously appear on the marvelous head of Queen Anne Marie any more than I would. Nobody would be any happier if our dear Greek friends would come to their senses (????) and restore the monarchy and forget all about this republican clap trap, However to quote a Scots proverb re this splendid and truly glorious bauble: Case NOt Proven. Cheers.
I would want it too Mr. Parkman, and as a Greek, I too wish that your dear Greek friends would come to their senses. There are still people here who would wish the same. Allow me now, as a newcomer to this forum, to wish you and the other friends of the Royal a Very Very Happy New Year:flowers::wave:

Hello Jewelies,

Can some confirm this tiara count for me?

The Ruby Blinger,
The Emerald Blinger,
Queen Fred's Diamond Tiara(if still in the family)
Pearl Corsage Tiara,
Floral Tiara(?)
Chantal's Fringe Tiara,

Are these all the tiara's in the GRF?

:previous:
Exactly! that is the count I have as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I forgot to mention my personal favorite though, The Khedive tiara! I was day dreaming the other day, how lovely would it be, after the not so lovely demise of Anne-Marie, if the ruby jewels went to Sweden, the khedive back to Denmark, the Emeralds to Spain, and Queen Fred's to UK. That way the jewels are still technically with "family" and the historic pieces don't get scattered.

I worry terribly about what will happen to the jewels in the future. I know the CP couple have enough money so that they wont need to sell them but eventually they will have too. And anyways, the GRF would have enough extra tiara's laying about to suit an exiled family perfectly. One can only hope...

Floral Tiara(?)
By floral tiara do you mean the one that Alexia wears? Is that tiara known to be A-M's or Alexia's?
Another subject I was thinking of, for Princess Nathalie SWB's wedding next year I expect A-M to loan her the Khedive tiara, but if the wedding is a tiara event one of the Greek princesses will be out of luck because Theodora always wears the Pearl Corsage tiara which leaves Tatiana with no tiara. I wonder if that means either Tatiana or Theodora are going to receive a new tiara, or A-M will lend either the Ruby or Emerald tiara to one of the princesses which I find very unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
By floral tiara do you mean the one that Alexia wears? Is that tiara known to be A-M's or Alexia's?
Another subject I was thinking of, for Princess Nathalie SWB's wedding next year I expect A-M to loan her the Khedive tiara, but if the wedding is a tiara event one of the Greek princesses will be out of luck because Theodora always wears the Pearl Corsage tiara which leaves Tatiana with no tiara. I wonder if that means either Tatiana or Theodora are going to receive a new tiara, or A-M will lend either the Ruby or Emerald tiara to one of the princesses which I find very unlikely.

Alexia's tiara wasonly worn by herself and no other Family member.
In the unlikely case that Nathalie's Wedding is white tie Theodora or Tatioana could also borrow the circle tiara from Princess Irene. If and big if Anne-Marie would lent the rubies or the emeralds to one of her daughter-in-laws i think to Marie-Chantal as the wife of the heir but that would not help in this case.

I forgot about Alexia's tiara! But is there not another floral tiara in the collection or did I just dream that up?

I forgot about Alexia's tiara! But is there not another floral tiara in the collection or did I just dream that up?
Marie-Chantale wore an unknown diamond tiara at the wedding of Frederik and Mary. But it was never seen again and it is supposed that it was only a loan.

I still think Queen Frederika's BIG diamond tiara must still be in this family...... I would love to see HM Anne Marie wear it!

Thanks. I forgot to mention my personal favorite though, The Khedive tiara! I was day dreaming the other day, how lovely would it be, after the not so lovely demise of Anne-Marie, if the ruby jewels went to Sweden, the khedive back to Denmark, the Emeralds to Spain, and Queen Fred's to UK. That way the jewels are still technically with "family" and the historic pieces don't get scattered.

I worry terribly about what will happen to the jewels in the future. I know the CP couple have enough money so that they wont need to sell them but eventually they will have too. And anyways, the GRF would have enough extra tiara's laying about to suit an exiled family perfectly. One can only hope...

Actually, the Khedive would also go back to Sweden as it originally belonged to Queen Ingrid's mother, Margaret of Connaught, who received it as a present from the Khedive of Egypt. Crown Princess Margaret had a VERY large collection of jewels.

I really do hope that Frederikas large diamond tiara exists, but I highly doubt it. Anne Marie and Constantine and there kids attend so many events and are always wearing the same jewels, I'm sure if Anne Marie had that tiara she would flaunt it!

Does anyone have a picture of her engagement ring?

^ It's awesome indeed. Is this the one they all wear at their weddings?

Back
Top Bottom