Queen Anne Marie Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Greek Emeralds are my favorite of all the Greek jewels and possibly my favorite of all the European royal emerald jewels.

The Greek Emeralds are my favorite of all the Greek jewels and possibly my favorite of all the European royal emerald jewels.

They're my favorites emeralds as well.

I like 'em all! The double engagement sapphires would be odd to most U.S. women, as it seems difficult to accept anything but a white diamond as an engagement ring. Such a pity.

I only found them odd because of their positioning.

I personally prefer and LOVE the colored stones. My engagement ring is a ruby. I am not much of a fan of diamonds, so one can't assume that all US women find it difficult to accept anything other than a diamond.

Queen Anne Marie's ring is both beautiful and different. Love the stones, but, it the biggest fan of the way the ring is set.

They're my favorites emeralds as well.

This is my favorite emeralds set of all!!!

I love how bright the emeralds are and I just love the "E" motifs that make up the tiara. Just gorgeous!

I found this photo of Anne-Marie on a Spanish message board:

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/WithinDemise/Tiaras/QAnneMarie62_zpsf8aa0672.jpg

She's wearing Queen Sofia's Star and Pearl Tiara, which is currently owned by Princess Benedikte. I wonder why she borrowed her sisters tiara when she has four of her own.

It seems that all the Danish princesses (sisters) are really close to each other so it doesn't surprise me that they would borrow each other's jewels. Also, I'm sure some of the jewels that Benedikte possesses are of some sentimental significance to the sisters, maybe more so for Anne-Marie since she is Queen of Greece. That would be my best guess!

At the time the picture was taken the tiara was still owned by Queen Ingrid afaik. Princess Benedikte only inherited it after her mother's death. Although she regularly loaned the tiara to the Berleburg princesses, there is no reason why Anne Marie shouldn't also borrow it from her mother.
This is only speculation, but I can imagine, that travelling with jewellery is sometime difficult. Maybe it was just easier borrow a tiara at that specific event.

What about the tiara She wore on her pre-wedding Event in the Theater of Denmark ?
I think her eldest daughter Alexia owns it now .

What about the tiara She wore on her pre-wedding Event in the Theater of Denmark ?
I think her eldest daughter Alexia owns it now .

Hmm, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her wearing that diamond tiara. I think that her first tiara was the Antique Corsage Tiara, maybe that's what she wore to the theater?

Hmm, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her wearing that diamond tiara. I think that her first tiara was the Antique Corsage Tiara, maybe that's what she wore to the theater?

I agree, I am not sure I have ever seen Anne-Marie in that tiara. Do we have any information relating to its history and provenance?

Yes it is this one but it is not the antique corsage tiara , Queen Ingrid wore as corsage.

She and her husbund celebrated 50 years of marrige
All ican say there is many lovley jewllery in her collection

She and her husbund celebrated 50 years of marrige
All ican say there is many lovley jewllery in her collection

For a non reigning house the Greek RF still have a splendid jewel chest,I wonder if there are any pieces that Queen Anne-Marie hasn't worn in a long time that we might see on Crown Princess MC?

The Greek Royal family quited suddenly and unexpectadly Greece in December 1967, and we all have wondering if they manage to take with them at least their jewels. It was quite miraculous, because it is not easy tao carry such pieces which might be stored and guarded out of the immediate access on an emergency out. They lived in Tatoi and such historical jewels might be guarded in the Winter Palace, in Athens Center for instance. Apparently they took the very important parures, but we have always wonder if they left behind them, other pieces or jewel, less historical otr recognizable, rings, braceless, neclassses, more "normal" but of course expensive. Point has never been clarified, and said pieces, if any left, should have been stolen by the dictatorial regime and its people.
They took very few luggages with them, so they might have taken only jewels in these luggages, hopefully.

Last edited:
Well King Constantines uncle King George II did say that "the most important tool for a King of Greece is a suitcase" so maybe the royal family had learnt their lesson and always had that suitcase packed ;)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Well King Constantines uncle King George II did say that "the most important tool for a King of Greece is a suitcase" so maybe the royal family had learnt their lesson and always had that suitcase packed ;)

Very intelligent! Nevertheless, he should heve added "and a wallet", because KImg Costantin II said often that he left with almost no money... they might have carried jewels and dresses, but not money.

For a non reigning house the Greek RF still have a splendid jewel chest,I wonder if there are any pieces that Queen Anne-Marie hasn't worn in a long time that we might see on Crown Princess MC?

Well, we definately have seen one tiara on CP Marie-Chantal, which has never been worn by Queen Anne-Marie...... and this was the sudden re-appear of the huge Diamond Tiara of Queen Frederika.
Bye Bine

Well, we definately have seen one tiara on CP Marie-Chantal, which has never been worn by Queen Anne-Marie...... and this was the sudden re-appear of the huge Diamond Tiara of Queen Frederika.
Bye Bine

Quite right. That said, for a former Queen, A-M does have a pretty impressive haul of jewels.

Bye Bine

Yes that is indeed true,I'm wondering if there are any more long forgotten jewels belonging to the late Queen Frederika gathering dust!

Yes that is indeed true,I'm wondering if there are any more long forgotten jewels belonging to the late Queen Frederika gathering dust!
There can't be that many jewels of Frederika left, as she had to sell some of them during the years of exile.
But maybe the circle tiara that seems to belong to Princess Irene, and which was once worn by Infanta Elena, will surface again. Though I don't think that it will go to Pavlos and MC. They'll probably get the bulk of the important jewellery, especially the ruby and emerald parures.

There can't be that many jewels of Frederika left, as she had to sell some of them during the years of exile.
But maybe the circle tiara that seems to belong to Princess Irene, and which was once worn by Infanta Elena, will surface again. Though I don't think that it will go to Pavlos and MC. They'll probably get the bulk of the important jewellery, especially the ruby and emerald parures.

THe Greek RF may consider the creation of a foundation or trust to house the collection.

THe Greek RF may consider the creation of a foundation or trust to house the collection.

Why? There are their own jewels, they can wear them as long they like, the family is very close to all the other european toyals, and always invited to all the royal gatherings. Why they should put their collection into a foundation?

Why? There are their own jewels, they can wear them as long they like, the family is very close to all the other european toyals, and always invited to all the royal gatherings. Why they should put their collection into a foundation?

To protect the jewel collection from being dispersed by inheritance and eventually sold off when the new owners hit on hard times as has happened over and over again in the last few decades.

To protect the jewel collection from being dispersed by inheritance and eventually sold off when the new owners hit on hard times as has happened over and over again in the last few decades.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app[/QUOTE

I understand, but even if they sell some it will be by need, and in this case, jewels will be useful to their owners. And by the way, do not worry, Marie-Chantal is rich enought to buy them, and they will stay into the family..

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app[/QUOTE

I understand, but even if they sell some it will be by need, and in this case, jewels will be useful to their owners. And by the way, do not worry, Marie-Chantal is rich enought to buy them, and they will stay into the family..

if the jewels were split amongst the 5 children, and then again to the grandchildren of the current king and queen, there will be very little of the collection left in 20- 30 years

if the jewels were split amongst the 5 children, and then again to the grandchildren of the current king and queen, there will be very little of the collection left in 20- 30 years
On the other hand all the children of the King and Queen are regularly invited to Danish tiara events. It would be strange to leave all the jewels to Pavlos, and let the other ladies (except Alexia who has her own tiara) attend bare headed. A foundation that provides access to the jewels to all the members would be a solution.

If Pavlos inherited all the jewels and other artefacts personally, he'd have to pay enormous inheritance tax. The tax might be so high that even MC's inherited wealth can't prevent the sale of some stuff.

On the other hand all the children of the King and Queen are regularly invited to Danish tiara events. It would be strange to leave all the jewels to Pavlos, and let the other ladies (except Alexia who has her own tiara) attend bare headed. A foundation that provides access to the jewels to all the members would be a solution.

If Pavlos inherited all the jewels and other artefacts personally, he'd have to pay enormous inheritance tax. The tax might be so high that even MC's inherited wealth can't prevent the sale of some stuff.

I don't think Pavlos inheriting all the jewels is the solution. If the King and Queen are keen on keeping the collection together and allowing all the children and grandchildren access to them in time, a trust or a foundation may be one of the only ways of achieving the objective and preventing the collection being completely fragmented.

Back
Top Bottom