Queen Anne Marie Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Khedive of Egypt is one of MY all time favorite tiaras, it always looks amazing on Queen Anne Marie~

The Khedive is a beautiful tiara and I like it for its romantic associations, tradition and sentimentality. The design is almost Celtic in nature to me.

Last edited:
How many tiaras does the GRF have? I ask because some commentors on blogs seem to think there is enough that Theodora shouldn't have borrowed the turquoise tiara from her aunt Queen Margarethe.

I thought there are four: The ruby & diamond, emerald & diamond, antique corsage, and the khedive tiara. Alexia has her own tiara. Marie Chantal has her own tiara (and presumable she'll inherit the use of the ruby & emerald tiaras). That leaves tiaras needed for Prince Nicholas's wife, Prince Phillipos' wife and Princess Theodora. That means they're short one tiara.

How many tiaras does the GRF have? I ask because some commentors on blogs seem to think there is enough that Theodora shouldn't have borrowed the turquoise tiara from her aunt Queen Margarethe.

I thought there are four: The ruby & diamond, emerald & diamond, antique corsage, and the khedive tiara. Alexia has her own tiara. Marie Chantal has her own tiara (and presumable she'll inherit the use of the ruby & emerald tiaras). That leaves tiaras needed for Prince Nicholas's wife, Prince Phillipos' wife and Princess Theodora. That means they're short one tiara.
You are righabout the numberof tiaras. Queen Anne-Marie has four tiaras. The emeralds tiara with matching Set, the ruby Parure, the Khedive tiara and the antique floral tiara she got when she turned 18. Marie Chantal has her fringe tiara and Alexia has also her own tiara which she got from her parents. The emerald, ruby and Khedive tiara are usualla worn by Queen Anne-Marie onkly but as Princess Tatiana was not present Theodoria could have worn the antique floral tiara.

The Khedive tiara is always beautiful to see, but the size of those pearls is incredible and the amethyst drop is stunning. The diamond brooch looks like a swan to me; these jewels are wonderful to see.

I love the pendant on pearl necklace, do you all think it's an amytheist?

I can't make out if those are diamond or amethyst earrings. But that stone is big!

I think are diamonds baroness. The pendant is amazing.

:previous:Thank you; I'm hyperventilating over both the pendant and the massive pearls!

I just saw Anne Marie through a link from the Royal Jewels of the world Message Borad and she is wearing a version of the emeralds and the brooch/pendant seems to be hanging from the shortest of Qfrederika's riviere! I am not still 100% sure (although it looks larger than her own thin riviere) but I am hoping for the second surprise of the day!

Queen Margrethe II´s Jubilee

Images have been cropped and are not subject of copyright

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 386
  • o 6.jpg
    o 6.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 341
Emeralds are my favorite stone, so of course I love this tiara on Queen Anne Marie!

Beautiful cabachon emeralds and that pendant is massive in size. I'm sure it could be worn as a brooch and to be honest, I think I'd prefer it worn that way instead. Pinning it to the top of the neckline would have been a stunning look.

Baroness of Books said:
Beautiful cabachon emeralds and that pendant is massive in size. I'm sure it could be worn as a brooch and to be honest, I think I'd prefer it worn that way instead. Pinning it to the top of the neckline would have been a stunning look.

The pendant is a brooch normally - it is interesting how a lot of the jewels are being worn in a different way to normal. Usually the brooch when worn as a pendant, is suspended from the Queen Alexandrine necklace.

I was just reading this before you posted it! Not a fan of cabochon stones, although those emeralds are beautiful and the tiara looks wonderful on Anne-Marie.

Last edited:
This is my favorite emerald tiara. Perfect for Anne Marie.

Just wondering
Would the emerald parure and ruby parure be given to Marie-Chantal in the future, because she is the "future Queen" of Greece or is it for Anne-Marie to decide whom to give them to?
Also about the Khedive of Egypt tiara, who would likely end up with it, Alexia, Theodora or a 3rd part...

Technically, since they are a deposed Monarchy Queen AM can bequeath her jewels to whomever she wants. But they are also traditional old line royals so I'm thinking she may stand with tradition and leave the substantial jewels to MC. The Khedive holds strong sentimental value but more on the Danish side. AM may indeed leave it to Alexia or Theodora, but I think she may leave to the DRF for future Danish Royal brides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, she looks lovely, and those rubies go so well with the pastel gown.

at the celebration concert with the Royal Life Guards musik corps, she wore a very grand pearl neckace with earings

Do you have a picture of that, Josefine? I love pearls and any chance to see them.

Beautiful and very sizeable pearls; those look like teardrop earrings, too. A perfect pairing for her floral dress. Thank you, dbarn!:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom