Queen Anne Marie Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The seller is unknown . To me her Daughter Alexia.

Why would Alexia have received this set? She would have needed to pay a lot of taxes I'd imagine; as it doesn't seem cheap - and that would be rather weird if the intention was to sell it off.

Isn't it more likely that it's queen Anne Marie herself who decided to sell it?

My gut feeling on Queen Fredericka's Diamond tiara is that it was probably used as colateral for a loan to get the Royal family set up in exhile, and once the loan is paid back we will see the tiara returned. Not "sold" per se, but not available to wear either. And because of the financial state of Greece I don't think we'll see it pop up anytime soon.

Concerning AM's emerald parure, was there a different necklace that once belonged to this set? I know the tiara itself can be converted into a necklace, but AM usually wears a diamond necklace that once belonged to her grandmother Queen Alexandrine of Denmark with some of the emerald brooch pendants hanging from it. Even in the early pictures of QAM in the emerald parure she's wearing this necklace. Was there once a different necklace in the set, and if so what happened to it?

No it always been a brooch and 5 drop formed emerald pedants

It suprises me that Queen Anne-Marie has custody of the Khedive Tiara. I would have thought that such an important piece would have remained in Denmark with the elder daughter, Queen Margarethe.

I know that this tiara is worn by all female descendants of Princess Margaret of Connaught (to whom it was given as a wedding gift) and that it was taken to Denmark by her only daughter Queen Ingrid. Surely this makes it an integral part of the Danish, Swedish and Greek royal families and it should not be seen as belonging to any one of them.

In my opinion it's rightful place is in Denmark and, perhaps it should only be worn by the brides on their wedding day.

It was ment to be given to the dotter who should marry first

Princess Beneditke does not have as many tiaras as her sister, Anne-Marie, however she has a fairly large jewelry collection. She also owns a tiara that is comprised of three brooches (Floral Brooch Tiara) one of which that once belonged to Queen Alexandrine left to her by Queen Ingrid. Queen Ingrid also left Beneditke other pieces such as diamond earrings and necklace once belonging to Queen Alexandrine, a rubyand diamond brooch and earrings, an amethyst parure consisting of a necklace, bracelet, earrings, brooch and bracelet, a diamond and pearl button brooch, a necklace comprised of three rows of pearls, diamond and pearl earrings, four diamond stars, and she also inherited Queen Ingrid's Star and Pearl Tiara. As you can see Beneditke was hardly left out and has a very large jewelry box. This list does not even include her personal pieces and those that belong to her husband's family of which she has access.

HRH its still a senior member of the danish royal family and she can always borrow from the danish royal jewels i think

The most important jewels she has are the Russian emeralds which were part of Grand Duchess Olga's dowry when she married George of the Hellenes (Prince Vilhelm of Denmark).

There was also a beautiful diamond tiara that Queen Sophie may have received as a wedding gift when she married then Crown Prince Constantine. Queen Fredericka was often photographed wearing it, but it appears to have been sold during exile.

HRH princess Marie Chantal wore it at the the 40th celebration of Queen Margarets on the throne at 15-01-2012

It was ment to be given to the dotter who should marry first
But then it is surprising that Princess Alexia received another tiara as an 18th birthday gift. At the time it was very likely that Alexia would marry long before her much younger sister Theodora. So Alexia will one day have two tiaras and Theodora maybe none?
HRH its still a senior member of the danish royal family and she can always borrow from the danish royal jewels i think
But with four tiara of her own, there is no need to borrow Danish jewels, imo. And the DRF don't usually do much jewellery sharing. It has been very rare that Margarethe lends out her tiara, although Theodora once wore her turquoise bandeau.

Last edited:
I ment of HM Queen Ingrid dotters HM Queen Margaret’ HM Queen Anna Maria and HRH Princess Benedicte

Anne-Marie's tiara appearances in 2022

1 2

Really touching that Queen Anne-Marie wore the same cross-pendant at her husbands funeral as at her Wedding.

Wonderful to see the Khedive of Egypt tiara tonight!

This tiara is wonderful and very beautiful.

I've been wondering where the Greek royal family keeps their tiaras and other important jewelry. Will it be in Queen Anne-Marie's apartment at Amalienborg Palace? This seems to be the safest place.

The Queen never wore Queen Frederica 's tiara.
I don't know how this tiara belongs now to Princess Marie Chantal (sold in an Auction , Miller's present??

I've been wondering where the Greek royal family keeps their tiaras and other important jewelry. Will it be in Queen Anne-Marie's apartment at Amalienborg Palace? This seems to be the safest place.

I suspect Anne-MArie's jewellery stays in Copnhagen. Wherther it is stored in A-M's aprtment or elsewhere, I do not know.

I suspect Anne-MArie's jewellery stays in Copnhagen. Wherther it is stored in A-M's aprtment or elsewhere, I do not know.

Yes, that must be it. I think all the Greek royal family's tiaras should be stored in Amalienborg for security reasons.

Where ever they store their jewels, for security reasons they won't make it public. But it makes sense that the grandest jewels are kept in Denmark, as most of the grand events take place in Copenhagen, and the security at the palace is so high that it will be the safest place to keep them.

Where ever they store their jewels, for security reasons they won't make it public. But it makes sense that the grandest jewels are kept in Denmark, as most of the grand events take place in Copenhagen, and the security at the palace is so high that it will be the safest place to keep them.

Obviously we will never know the place. But our theory must be right.

I concur as the Greek RF do not have tiara events in Greece the most logical place of security would indeed be the queen's homeland of Denmark!

I concur as the Greek RF do not have tiara events in Greece the most logical place of security would indeed be the queen's homeland of Denmark!
It seems logical for now. But when the family use to live in London and they were attending almost all tiara events who took place in Europe, the should store their tiaras etc in London. Maybe not in their Hampstead Mansion, for sure in a Bank safe.

Anne-Marie's tiara appearance in 2023:

1 | 2

Back
Top Bottom