Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 2: 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The new stones look pretty cheap to me, I'm not being mean or commenting on Sofia herself but they don't look the best stones and there is already an aquamarine tiara in the family. IMO they would be better to spend the money they have spent on all these new sets on one additional extra high quality set of gems for the top.

I am not sure about the quality. Someone said they looked to be high quality. Not sure. The tiara was a gift to Sofia. Made out of an emerald and diamond necklace given to the queen. I was always led to believe she was given the tiara as a wedding present. So that she would have a tiara of her own to wear. Like Victoria and Madeline. They have tiaras that are their own personal Property. So really the only additional stones bought have been the pearls and now turquoise. And they aren’t hugely expensive. So I don’t think they are anything close to costing what a set that would be bought for the jewelry foundation would actually cost. Rubies, aquamarines, sapphires, etc. are very expensive.

I just saw a pic on Twitter of all of her versions of the tiara. I don’t know how to link it in here in my phone. I don’t have my computer with me. I Love all the settings. Maybe someone can post it on here. First time I have seen them all together.

I have loved all the variations Princess Sofia has achieved with her wedding tiara , however topping it with green /blue jelly beans to match her dress might be a variation too far.

The new stones look pretty cheap to me, I'm not being mean or commenting on Sofia herself but they don't look the best stones and there is already an aquamarine tiara in the family. IMO they would be better to spend the money they have spent on all these new sets on one additional extra high quality set of gems for the top.

Aquamarines and turqoises are very different stones. The color of these stones aren't similar at all to the kokoshnik tiara. There is also a chance that the kokoshnik wont return to the main line. It may be gifted to someone (even if Madeleine or Victoria) and not be open to all the ladies to use.

That said I agree the stones look cheap. Turqoises rarely work IMO in tiaras. They look too much like costume jewelry, not precious stones. They can be done right but they don't look good here at all.

I never liked the tiara, though it improved when they turned the base into a more headband style. I never thought I would find a form I hated more then the spearmints, but this has done it. I'd rather the original spearmints on top, then these things. Looks much better with just the pearls or diamonds.

If they want to give her different forms, a new color would be better. She already had green. A ruby/garnet would be nice.

I like the variation with the tiara, even if I don't really like turquoises.

Looking closely at the different pictures it seems that the different toppings are on extra spikes closely behind the tiara - the same system CP Mary uses for her wedding tiara when adding the pearls.

I have to confess - I never really liked the pearl addition - for me the pearls have been too small for the tiara. The tourquoises are more balanced with their size. It is interesting that people have a love or hate approach to turquoise tiaras/jewelry but don#t forget they have been immensiley popular around 100 years ago and also becoming really fashionable again.

Semi-precious stones enter the realms of high jewellery | The Jewellery Editor
some more reading if you are interested .....

Very nice jewels. I like turquoises. Wonderful combination with the art déco style of the monture. On my ultra HQ OLED tv-screen these beautiful colour turquoises looked high quality, hoovering above a sparkling base. In no way cheap trash. Princess Sofia saved the day.

> I have to say that turquoises tend to be quite difficult stones to work with unless surrounded with plenty of diamonds, but I am glad to see them appear in a "new" tiara. I think Sofia did them justice.

> That said, I really do not like the earrings in the context of the evening. I just do not think they are befitting of an evening of this stature.

> All in all, I think Sofia may be one to watch in terms of her creativity in using her jewellery and making small, albeit meaningful alterations to it. I would love to see some rubies, amethysts and sapphires get added to her collection of "toppers" for her tiara.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of most turquoise ...to me this looks like the fake plastic type ...she should of used a better color stone. The pearl version of her tiara would of been perfect.

LaRae

The turquise all matches and while they are not as light and luminous as I personally prefer (see Camilla or Margaret wearing theirs), they at nice enough but don't have enough lustre to do the diamonds justice.

According to what the Court has communicated it used to be a necklace so maybe it´s possible to remove it from the tiara frame it´s set upon now.

I would like to see it as a necklace and am curious to see what it looks like. Let's hope that the tiara can still be taken off the frame. Though I imagine that it is easier for the jeweler to create a frame with a permanent fixture of the jewel.

Who would have thought that this tiara is so versatile and changeable. The turquises looks surprisingly good and make the tiara higher and more impressive. Also liked the matching earrings.

I like turquoise, and these look like very fine examples of a particular type of turquoise, but I'm not liking the proportions on this particular tiara at all. I agree that the emerald toppers would have looked better in this instance, not something I ever expected to say.

Good quality turquoise, depending on the variety, can be as or more expensive and rare than a lot of gemstones, so it isn't the turquoise itself that is the problem with this tiara, it's the proportions.

Yes! Thank you so much!!! It is so hard for me to do it on my phone. I just really liked looking at all the versions in one place. :flowers:

It will be fun to see if any more variations are added. Someone said somewhere last night that pink topaz would be a good choice. I think a pink/red stone would be wonderful! She now has blue, green, and neutral with the pearl and all diamond versions.

Princess Sofia wore her wedding tiara (all diamond version) and the amethyst earrings on December 11:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELiJyqaX0AAwYbz.jpg

I love that she’s adding new stones, but I’m disappointed that she seems to be limited to her wedding tiara since the remodel. I hope it’s only because she likes to play with it for now and that she goes back to the family vault in the future. It’s especially boring when there are two tiara events day after day.

I think she's worn one of the Steel tiaras at least a couple times since her wedding too...but honestly they don't have that many tiara events a year.

LaRae

I wish that Princess Sofia would wear a different tiara other than her wedding tiara to every event,though her imagination is applaudable with adding different stones it would be nice to see another diadem on her head.

I think she's worn one of the Steel tiaras at least a couple times since her wedding too...but honestly they don't have that many tiara events a year.
LaRae

She has worn several different tiaras while hers was being remodeled (small cut steel, amethyst, four buttons, six buttons), but not since.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pzwgvFt9...-IAFkwxQ9otqaQCLcB/s1600/2016-1210-nobel8.png
https://coutureandroyals.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/image-60.jpg?w=398&h=494
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6e/3f/87/6e3f871975f80b098b52d25259168ff6.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sXILNRnt...EAo1WKazBuagCLcBGAs/s1600/2017-1218-sofia.png

And actually Sweden has a relatively high number of regular tiara events every year – 2 days Nobel, 1-2 representation dinners, 1-2 incoming state visits, etc.
Sofia attended 5 tiara events in 2018 and 4 tiara events in 2019, but she’s worn her wedding tiara to all of them.

Last edited:
Sofia is actually one of my favorite wearers of the Six Buttons tiara so I’d like to see her wear that again.

She has worn several different tiaras while hers was being remodeled (small cut steel, amethyst, four buttons, six buttons), but not since.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pzwgvFt9...-IAFkwxQ9otqaQCLcB/s1600/2016-1210-nobel8.png
https://coutureandroyals.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/image-60.jpg?w=398&h=494
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6e/3f/87/6e3f871975f80b098b52d25259168ff6.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sXILNRnt...EAo1WKazBuagCLcBGAs/s1600/2017-1218-sofia.png

And actually Sweden has a relatively high number of regular tiara events every year – 2 days Nobel, 1-2 representation dinners, 1-2 incoming state visits, etc.
Sofia attended 5 tiara events in 2018 and 4 tiara events in 2019, but she’s worn her wedding tiara to all of them.

I didn't like the small cut steel on her at all (maybe the dress combination but more of this tiara is not for her....). I tried to love the amethysts but I think they are slightly too big for her and she cannot compare how CP Victoria or P. Madeleine are wearing them.
Interestingly, the buttons seem to work for her - like for Princess Lilian....

Bigli Jewels about Sofia wearing three rings from their Mini Sweety collection at Julian's christening.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSuiZSMsR-Y/

At Svensk Damtidning's article
Jewelers Laurence Aerens and Thierry Spitaels say that they are deeply honored:
- It is an incredible honor for us that Princess Sofia chose to wear Bigli!
Camilla Coene at Starstudio PR, which represents Bigli in Sweden, says that Belgian brand Bigli is new in Sweden, not many private individuals have worn it yet, but Bigli Jewels has been seen on some swedish well-known women.
The combination that Prince Carl Philip has chosen for Sofia costs SEK 62,000.
Sofia's gift consists of three rings that sit next to each other and form a unit, and according to information to Svensk Damtidning, this is the push gift from Carl Philip: The three rings symbolize the couple's three children.
Camilla Coene says that Carl Philip has bought it for Sofia as a gift, Sofia has received it recently and she is very happy and proud of them.
Sofias lyxsmycke från prins Carl Philip – se prislappen! _*Svensk Dam

Photoshopped nearly beyond recognition, as is usual for the Swedish royal photographer. But the earrings look lovely and the remodelled tiara itself is wonderful in its versatility.

Back
Top Bottom