Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 1: Ending 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is clearly no new diadem, seeing the art déco design. I think it is a diadem originally made somewhere in the 1920's. Wonderful diadem!

Why couldn't it be new? One could be made to look art deco.

LaRae

It is good that Sofia got her own tiara. I would have liked it more with sapphires.

Me too Lady Finn...or another jewel even, something unusual.

LaRae

I agree. This is not contemporary. Really quite something for her. The King and Queen did a great thing getting her her OWN tiara. Special and unique like her.

Why couldn't it be new? One could be made to look art deco.

LaRae

I am not sure today's jewellers have the craftmanship and the techniques to make such a perfect art déco diadem. I think it is one purchased by the King and Queen, offered by a jeweller specialized in original jewels. Such jewels, for an example made by Chaumet, Paris or Bolin, St Petersburg with the original cassette dating back such a long time, can be worth double or triple the value of a completely newly designed one.

:flowers:

Can anyone get a good pic of her earrings?

It is clearly no new diadem, seeing the art déco design. I think it is a diadem originally made somewhere in the 1920's. Wonderful diadem!

If so, who would have been the previous owner? Is there anyway of knowing? :ermm: I know very little (nothing really) about tiaras, but wouldn't it have been someone royal/aristocratic who owned it?

I am not a tiara person, but I really like this one. :flowers: I think the addition of the color (in this case, the emeralds) is just perfect. A very handsome piece.

Last edited:
Fantastic tiara and i am so happy that she got her own tiara that will be forever connected to her, like Lilian and the laurel wreath tiara :)

If so, who would have been the previous owner? Is there anyway of knowing? :ermm: I know very little (nothing really) about tiaras, but wouldn't it have been someone royal/aristocratic who owned it?

I am not a tiara person, but I really like this one. :flowers: I think the addition of the color (in this case, the emeralds) is just perfect. A very handsome piece.
Queen Mathilde, CP Mette-Marit and CP Mary all have received antique tiaras for their wedding, but for none of their tiaras the provenance was ever found out. I believe that the jewellery business is still very discreet, they won't tell.

Around a hundred years ago, tiaras still were very common jewels for the really rich ladies, whether they were noble or not. So it must not necessarily from a noble family.

I love the earrings and the tiara totally adorable love love

Queen Mathilde, CP Mette-Marit and CP Mary all have received antique tiaras for their wedding, but for none of their tiaras the provenance was ever found out. I believe that the jewellery business is still very discreet, they won't tell.

Around a hundred years ago, tiaras still were very common jewels for the really rich ladies, whether they were noble or not. So it must not necessarily from a noble family.

Aw, that's too bad. :sad: It'd be fun to know. JMO.

Must be a fun few days of shopping. :flowers:

Well, from Queen Mathilde it is known that her diadem was made in 1912 by the British jeweller Hennel & Sons. It was purchased by the Belgian Association of Nobles but indeed... was it purchased on an auction? Or "under hand" from one of the members of the Association? Purchased in Belgium? Who knows, that is true. At Sotheby's or Christie's the description often is "A Diamond Tiara, from the Estate of a Lady". Well, that is all what they tell....

Last edited:
Aw, that's too bad. :sad: It'd be fun to know. JMO.

Must be a fun few days of shopping. :flowers:
Many people truely tried to find anything, looking at aution catalogues, etc. Nothing so far. Yes, it would be interesting! I believe that the Royal Houses don't like people to connect their jewels with another family, or repeat the price tag over and over.:eek:
Well, from Queen Mathilde it is known that her diadem was made in 1912 by the British jeweller Hennel & Sons. It was purchased by the Belgian Association of Nobles but indeed... was it purchased on an auction? Or "under hand" from one of the members of the Association? Purchased in Belgium? Who knows, that is true. At Sotheby's or Christie's the description often is "A Diamond Tiara, from the Estate of a Lady". Well, that is all what they tell....
Yes, what I meant is that nothing is know about the former owner, which family it came from, not do we know the dealer or the price. It's completely different now from the days of Princess Margret, when everyone knew that her tiara came from Lady Poltimore and had cost 5,000 GBP.

What a wonderful gift from Their Majesties ,I wonder had Sofia or Carl Philip any input into its design?

What a wonderful gift from Their Majesties ,I wonder had Sofia or Carl Philip any input into its design?

It is most likely made in the 1920's, so almost a century old, when I look to that diadem... so most likely no input in the design...

:lol:

I bet dollars to donuts the emeralds can be removed. Very appropriate tiara for her, delicate, classical, perfect.

Her tiara really is beautiful. It's my favorite part of her wedding look.

I just love it more and more. If you ever go to a good antique jewelry show. There are always tiaras. But whether you are selling heirlooms or buying. Its a discreet business.

I bet dollars to donuts the emeralds can be removed. Very appropriate tiara for her, delicate, classical, perfect.
I'm hoping that they are and can be exchanged for diamonds or another colored stone as IMO the tiara could be limiting.

You can go to Christies and Sotheby's and buy a tiara if you can afford it! I saw many times there in auction !
Just surprise the need to go and buy a new one when they have so many!

Looking again through the millions of pics.... and I have to say, the more I see the tiara the more I like it! A great new addition to the jewels of the Swedish RF!
BYe Bine

I might have missed it - but does anybody has any information about the earrings Sofia has worn? They looked somehow old...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom