Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 1: Ending 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Sofia is getting new pieces of jewelry? Wouldn't she have access to the royal collection by now? Her wedding tiara was a gift, not one of the Bernadotte tiaras. She only wore the earrings that were part of a stomacher.

Maybe Sofia wants to have new jewellery, which are her own and not a loan from Bernadotte collection.

Victoria and Madeleine also have some private, modern jewelry. And Sofia probrably received some jewels for her wedding, not just the tiara form the King and Queen, but also from other family members or other wedding guests. And CP will probably want to give her jewel presents from time to time.

Sophia really is a very pretty girl. She has beautiful eyes and a lovely smile. I am sure all of the young women want to have more modern jewelry of their own.

Sophia really is a very pretty girl. She has beautiful eyes and a lovely smile. I am sure all of the young women want to have more modern jewelry of their own.

She really is. :flowers: I was looking at her wedding pictures just now (because someone mentioned her wedding tiara) and she really is attractive. (Loved the wedding tiara!) Just overall a very smooth presentation. She understands the parameters of being a royal family member and is going with the flow. Very nice. I approve. ;)

thank you for the post about the earings
Both victoria and madeleine has earings from Ebba Brahe Jewellery

Maybe Sofia wants to have new jewellery, which are her own and not a loan from Bernadotte collection.
Victoria and Madeleine also have some private, modern jewelry. And Sofia probrably received some jewels for her wedding, not just the tiara form the King and Queen, but also from other family members or other wedding guests. And CP will probably want to give her jewel presents from time to time.
I think all the jewels in the Swedish vault are pretty much "Statement" pieces, be it the brooches or tiaras. None of these are suitable for everyday wear, so the ladies tend to acquire "go to" pieces.

Just imagine if Charles hadn't given Camilla her beautiful pink topaz pearl choker, or Catherine or lovely diamond bracelet. Judging by Mary's collection Frederik isn't stingy either. Even Daniel has enough to provide the necessary bits and bobs for Victoria so, if Carl Philipe was slow I am sure that his Sister has bent his ear.

Just imagine if the only jewellery worn was from the collective vaults . . . no, it's much better seeing beautiful modern examples of locally made jewellery, adorning the necks, wrists and fingers of their ladies.

I think all the jewels in the Swedish vault are pretty much "Statement" pieces, be it the brooches or tiaras. None of these are suitable for everyday wear, so the ladies tend to acquire "go to" pieces.

Just imagine if Charles hadn't given Camilla her beautiful pink topaz pearl choker, or Catherine or lovely diamond bracelet. Judging by Mary's collection Frederik isn't stingy either. Even Daniel has enough to provide the necessary bits and bobs for Victoria so, if Carl Philipe was slow I am sure that his Sister has bent his ear.

Just imagine if the only jewellery worn was from the collective vaults . . . no, it's much better seeing beautiful modern examples of locally made jewellery, adorning the necks, wrists and fingers of their ladies.
I agree. It's great that they aquire new jewellry. Some of it (especially Victorias jewellry) might end up being the "old jewellry from the vault" in a few generations :) That's how it works. All this old, fancy jewellry was new once :)

Events like state visits, royal weddings, the Nobels are when the Bernadotte hardware is on display. That is what I was talking about. The event she and Carl Philip attended last week - the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Science - Sofia didn't have a brooch to keep the Seraphim sash in place. Victoria and Silvia had brooches to keep their sashes in place when they attend the same event, and I presume the brooches are from the Bernadotte collection.

:previous: To be honest I am not sure what the situation with Sofia is. She appeared wearing a far, far too long Order Sash that looked like it had just been pulled out of a box. You could even see all the creases on it on the shoulder and back. She also used the Star as a brooch and pinned it on her left shoulder instead on where it should have been, pinned below the left breast.

Not only did she not wear her Royal Family Order, we also noticed the absence of brooches to hold the sash in place. In short, it looks like the whole occasion was an unexpected one with little time to prepare properly. Why that is, I also didn't know, because we know Queen Silvia is more than willing to open the family vault. So I am somewhat perplexed. Is Sofia too shy to ask or does CP prefer to provide new jewellery instead.

Last edited:
@Marg - but isn't that the idea of being royal - at high occasions like the Nobels you are wearing the 100 - 200 year old family gems? Just wearing modern pieces at these event a royal looks no different than a Hollywood starlet or A-list actress going to the Oscars.

In an issue of Svd (or Swedish Women's Weekly) there's an article saying CP is spending a lot of money on Sofia, and I presume that includes jewerly:

Victoria och Daniel uppfyllda av babylyckan | Svensk Damtidning

I say let him spend what he wants. All the new royal wives cost quite a bit at the start...they have to get the clothes and accessories....not to mention, they are newly married...I'd say most men buy gifts for their brides if they can afford it.

LaRae

@Marg - but isn't that the idea of being royal - at high occasions like the Nobels you are wearing the 100 - 200 year old family gems? [...]

No, that is not the idea of being royal, to be able to parade around with 100-200 year old family gems...

:lol:

By the way, only a few royal families really still have 100-200 year old family gems in original state. In far most royal families the jewels are younger or have só been set and re-set that it has barely a connotation of how it originally looked. And... remember: évery royal jewel once started as a brand new item. On this picture you see an unbelievable diamond horloge set on a platinum band, worn by Queen Máxima. A truly majestic piece. It is only 55 years old. One has to start somewhere... that also counts for jewels which will be worn by Princess Sofia. A jewel bought in 2015 will be a "heirloom" too in 2070.

:flowers:

Dont forget we are talking about the Kings Son. Im sure there were gifts for the new Princess from other dignitaries. Wealthy friends etc....and if her hubby wants to buy her jewels....good for them!!

The Nobels are approaching fast... What tiara do you think Sofia will be wearing?

My guess is one of these:

• Her own wedding tiara (if she is wearing something that suits the emeralds)
  • The Large Button Tiara
  • The Small Button Tiara
  • The Diamond Riviere
  • The Napoleonic Amethyst Tiara
  • Some small tiara from the vaults

The last option is not that likely unless there is a new tiara no-one has seen yet. I doubt she would borrow any of the smaller tiaras that Madeleine and Victoria have worn earlier and certain tiaras have been mostly reserved for their current wearers. There have been rumours of new additions to the collections but we'll see...

Yeah, there's something that is preventing me from loving this on her. I'm not sure if it's her hairstyle, or the placement of the tiara.

I think that is the placement of tiara but it is very beautiful tiara anyway!!

Sofia tiara and its position reminds me of Queen Victoria style of doing things.

I get the impression that the tiara has a very small diameter. So it can only be placed high on the head instead of framing it.

I'm looking forward to better pics of her earrings. From what I could see until now they are matching well with the tiara, but are not a set. Is that a pearl on the top of the earrings, or is it only diamonds?

Sofia's tiara is quite beautiful but to me it looks awkwardly set in her heard... Doesn't her hairdresser know how to place a tiara?

I also like the earrings and I'm thinking they might be from the same parure: perhaps they weren't worn at the wedding because they would have looked too much...

As for other jewels: I didn't spot any Bernadotte's heirloom; a necklace owouldn't have fit the dres, but perhaps I was expecting a bracelet... oh well...

She wears a brooch on her sash, I think it is the lozenge brooch from the Bernadotte Foundation.

Sofia's tiara is quite beautiful but to me it looks awkwardly set in her heard... Doesn't her hairdresser know how to place a tiara?

For the Wedding her hair was done by her friend who also made the hair and Makeup when she participated in the TV-Show

In 2015 A tittle of Princess of Sweden , a tiara , an order , a baby !

I think I actually like her dress, and I love her tiara/earrings, but not together on this look. They don't seem to go with the dress or the hair but are great on their own. She definitely needs to get away from the swept back, tight to head style when she wears a tiara. especially the part down the middle. does nothing to show off the tiara.

Her hair is too flat on top

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I agree with you about the hairstyle and placing of the tiara. Sofia has so delicate face features that one assumes she would look good in anything but the parting and the placement of the diadem makes her forehead look really tall.

I find the tiara quite odd. The lower part of the tiara looks to me like a 1930s art deco tiara with palmette motives, but the pear shaped emeralds and the diamonds in between on top looks as if they have been added later and it does not look good(imo). What do you all think? If it had been a 1930s tiara I also think its frame would have looked different, it would have been more in the halo style. Maybe it was a necklace? It would be interesting to read your opinions on it.

By the way, I think her her is done by her friend from the reallity show, Marre, and not by the Queen's and the princesses' hairdressers, so maybe he is not used to tiara hair yet.

Does anyone know more about the earrings? Are they hers, or has she borrowed them? New or old?

I think she looks OK. The tiara might not be perfect, but at least she's learned how to wear the sash. (ETA: No she hasn't. The sash still needs work.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom