Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 1: Ending 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some people Sofia will do wrong whatever she does. Because it is simply her existence that is wrong for them.

For them she will always be Paradise Hotel-Sofia whatever she does in life. If she would find a cure for Cancer or Aids and save billions of lives, she would still be Paradise Hotel-Sofia in their eyes. Don't listen to them ! They will always be there. It's probably the same people who still think that Royal Princes and Princess'es by blood must marry an equal to not loose their title ;)

Last edited:
Now, when it comes to jewels/tiaras... I personally think that Sofia is doing great here. Not all her tiara appearances has been hits IMO, but that's to be expected. She's new in this game compared to her mother/sisters-in-law. I think what impressed me the most was when she really rocked the four buttons tiara. That's a difficult tiara to wear, and I think that she and princess Christina are the two best wearers of this tiara so far.

Yes she wore the 4-button quite well there. It's an almost hopeless tiara to wear unless you are an old woman with full grey/white hair like Princess Christina is or Princess Lilian was so....good job from Sofia and her hairdresser there !

Last edited by a moderator:
The 'wedding tiara' looks much better in my opinion without the emerald pear drops. It has a delicate quality now that was hidden before, like a band of little snowflakes, (appropriate for a Scandinavian Royal) and it's much more versatile.

I also agree that it's kudos to Sofia for wearing the button tiara so well. I think that tiara only really works with a mass of hair or a solid updo.

I'm one of the few people that don't like the button tiara on anyone really.

LaRae

It is HIDEOUS.. my prescription would be to remove one Button [or 'headlamp'], use its diamonds to string along the base, and between the remaining 3 Buttons [the two 'side' ones slightly lower than the central one].

There's two of then! LOL

LaRae

It is HIDEOUS.. my prescription would be to remove one Button [or 'headlamp'], use its diamonds to string along the base, and between the remaining 3 Buttons [the two 'side' ones slightly lower than the central one].
They'll never dismantle one of the buttons because of their age. At 250 years old they're to historically to play with. That said one could easily be removed and then other diamonds used for what you suggest.

other diamonds used for what you suggest.

Please GOD they do that.. NO Woman should have to wear that horror...

LOVE without the emeralds too. She has such great hair I would also try to use tiaras without that severe part in the center of the head.

I really like how Sofia's wedding tiara was revamped! ?

Even though I would not call it a fringe tiara, it seems to have the utility-ness of a fringe tiara.

Re the Four Button Tiara, Victoria added diamonds to the base area in at least one of her wearings of that diadem, link.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see that the tiara is versatile enough for it to be worn with or without the emeralds. It's not that I disliked the emeralds, they are lovely stones. The problem imo was the rather closed frame, which used to perch on top of her head like a bird's nest. The way she wore it now was completely different, the frame seemed more open and swerving around the head, so that it frames the face. The effect is much better, imho. Now I'm dying to know if the frame has always been that flexible, or if Sofia had a completely new frame made for it. Oh well, the court will probably never comment about that.

I'm glad to see that the tiara is versatile enough for it to be worn with or without the emeralds. It's not that I disliked the emeralds, they are lovely stones. The problem imo was the rather closed frame, which used to perch on top of her head like a bird's nest. The way she wore it now was completely different, the frame seemed more open and swerving around the head, so that it frames the face. The effect is much better, imho. Now I'm dying to know if the frame has always been that flexible, or if Sofia had a completely new frame made for it. Oh well, the court will probably never comment about that.

They may actually have done just that. (Comment, that is). Here's article from Svensk Damtidning. https://www.svenskdam.se/2017/11/prinsessan-sofias-tiara-blev-galamiddagens-stora-snackis/

The reporter asks Margaretha Thorgren - the court spokeswoman - about the diadem. Her reply:
- It's the princess wedding diadem that has been remade (in swedish "har gjorts om"). It's simply made so that its appearance can be changed, she says.

It is MASSIVELY improved by the changes, hopefully other stones can be swapped with the Emeralds if desired..

It is MASSIVELY improved by the changes, hopefully other stones can be swapped with the Emeralds if desired..
I agree, the newer base seems to substantially improve the tiara

It is just beautiful on her and she wears it so well. I would love to see some rubies somehow added for an event for they would really shine with the diamonds and her hair......

Princess Sofia has been a worthy addition to the Swedish Royal Tiara Brigade. Her diamond and emerald wedding tiara looked dainty and pretty for her wedding and only her wedding. The Amethyst looked as good or as awkward as it does on any of the rest of the Brigade. But the big surprise was wearing the Four Button Tiara and acing it. I thought she had done pretty well until she donned the Napoleonic Small Steel Cut Bandeau and made it her own.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...uNMZLpfaFdPTvMBkjuoonoj20ltQTbqBoC8d2_YfbWziw
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5T28lzWIAAXWAI.jpg
http://78.media.tumblr.com/d7b9662ed6c01ae9cd2cb9edea240b0b/tumblr_oi22f4z66d1tihyjzo1_400.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b8/16/ca/b816ca2689f2e0338bf4dd93b6813b72.jpg

She is simply stunning in the steel cut and should make it her principal tiara IMO.

LaRae

I usually like small, delicate tiaras, so Sofia's wedding tiara was and is to my taste. Without the emeralds and in new shape it's even more delicate, it really frames her face beautifully!

For me the amethyst tiara is the one that doesn't look good on anyone, including Sofia, which is a shame, since amethysts are my favourite stones. The four-button looks actually good on her, I think it's a little bit peculiar and playful tiara. I don't particularly like the steel cut tiara, but it does look like it was made for her head size and shape and she definately wears it better than anyone I have seen so far.

Hi all! I have been on this forum for quite some time reading and watching and such. I just finally decided to register. Ha! I really like Sofia's wedding tiara both ways but it does look like to me that the base itself is much improved. I am so happy that was done. I also really like her in both the four and six-button tiaras. People aren't saying much about her in the six button but I think she wore it pretty well. She wore it to King Harold's bday celebrations. They are both such unusual tiaras.

It's time to close this thread. You can find the new thread here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom