The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2019, 05:32 AM
Heir Apparent

According to what the Court has communicated it used to be a necklace so maybe its possible to remove it from the tiara frame its set upon now.

Old 12-11-2019, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

I would like to see it as a necklace and am curious to see what it looks like. Let's hope that the tiara can still be taken off the frame. Though I imagine that it is easier for the jeweler to create a frame with a permanent fixture of the jewel.

Old 12-11-2019, 07:53 AM
Courtier

Who would have thought that this tiara is so versatile and changeable. The turquises looks surprisingly good and make the tiara higher and more impressive. Also liked the matching earrings.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

I like turquoise, and these look like very fine examples of a particular type of turquoise, but I'm not liking the proportions on this particular tiara at all. I agree that the emerald toppers would have looked better in this instance, not something I ever expected to say.

Good quality turquoise, depending on the variety, can be as or more expensive and rare than a lot of gemstones, so it isn't the turquoise itself that is the problem with this tiara, it's the proportions.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by temhbobo View Post
I just saw a pic on Twitter of all of her versions of the tiara. I dont know how to link it in here in my phone. I dont have my computer with me. I Love all the settings. Maybe someone can post it on here. First time I have seen them all together.

Is this the one you're thinking of?

All the versions of Princess Sofia's tiara
Old 12-11-2019, 02:25 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by malluu View Post
Is this the one you're thinking of?

All the versions of Princess Sofia's tiara
Yes! Thank you so much!!! It is so hard for me to do it on my phone. I just really liked looking at all the versions in one place.

It will be fun to see if any more variations are added. Someone said somewhere last night that pink topaz would be a good choice. I think a pink/red stone would be wonderful! She now has blue, green, and neutral with the pearl and all diamond versions.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Royal Highness

I love the the addition to the tiara.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Sofia wore her wedding tiara (all diamond version) and the amethyst earrings on December 11:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELiJyqaX0AAwYbz.jpg

I love that shes adding new stones, but Im disappointed that she seems to be limited to her wedding tiara since the remodel. I hope its only because she likes to play with it for now and that she goes back to the family vault in the future. Its especially boring when there are two tiara events day after day.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think she's worn one of the Steel tiaras at least a couple times since her wedding too...but honestly they don't have that many tiara events a year.

LaRae
Old 12-12-2019, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wish that Princess Sofia would wear a different tiara other than her wedding tiara to every event,though her imagination is applaudable with adding different stones it would be nice to see another diadem on her head.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think she's worn one of the Steel tiaras at least a couple times since her wedding too...but honestly they don't have that many tiara events a year.
LaRae
She has worn several different tiaras while hers was being remodeled (small cut steel, amethyst, four buttons, six buttons), but not since.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pzwgvFt9s...210-nobel8.png
https://coutureandroyals.files.wordp...pg?w=398&h=494
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6e/3f...5259168ff6.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sXILNRntU...1218-sofia.png

And actually Sweden has a relatively high number of regular tiara events every year – 2 days Nobel, 1-2 representation dinners, 1-2 incoming state visits, etc.
Sofia attended 5 tiara events in 2018 and 4 tiara events in 2019, but she’s worn her wedding tiara to all of them.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:32 PM
Serene Highness

Sofia is actually one of my favorite wearers of the Six Buttons tiara so Id like to see her wear that again.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:09 AM
Majesty

Her hairdo with other tiaras is much better.
Old 12-27-2019, 01:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Best Royal Jewels of 2019: #10 (Princess Sofia's New Tiara Setting) | The Court Jeweller

I’m not impressed with this tiara in general, but the turquoises are beautiful.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
She has worn several different tiaras while hers was being remodeled (small cut steel, amethyst, four buttons, six buttons), but not since.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pzwgvFt9s...210-nobel8.png
https://coutureandroyals.files.wordp...pg?w=398&h=494
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6e/3f...5259168ff6.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sXILNRntU...1218-sofia.png

And actually Sweden has a relatively high number of regular tiara events every year – 2 days Nobel, 1-2 representation dinners, 1-2 incoming state visits, etc.
Sofia attended 5 tiara events in 2018 and 4 tiara events in 2019, but she’s worn her wedding tiara to all of them.
I didn't like the small cut steel on her at all (maybe the dress combination but more of this tiara is not for her....). I tried to love the amethysts but I think they are slightly too big for her and she cannot compare how CP Victoria or P. Madeleine are wearing them.
Interestingly, the buttons seem to work for her - like for Princess Lilian....
Old 08-30-2021, 09:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Bigli Jewels about Sofia wearing three rings from their Mini Sweety collection at Julian's christening.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSuiZSMsR-Y/

At Svensk Damtidning's article
Jewelers Laurence Aerens and Thierry Spitaels say that they are deeply honored:
- It is an incredible honor for us that Princess Sofia chose to wear Bigli!
Camilla Coene at Starstudio PR, which represents Bigli in Sweden, says that Belgian brand Bigli is new in Sweden, not many private individuals have worn it yet, but Bigli Jewels has been seen on some swedish well-known women.
The combination that Prince Carl Philip has chosen for Sofia costs SEK 62,000.
Sofia's gift consists of three rings that sit next to each other and form a unit, and according to information to Svensk Damtidning, this is the push gift from Carl Philip: The three rings symbolize the couple's three children.
Camilla Coene says that Carl Philip has bought it for Sofia as a gift, Sofia has received it recently and she is very happy and proud of them.
Sofias lyxsmycke frn prins Carl Philip – se prislappen! _*Svensk Dam