Princess Ragnhild and Princess Astrid of Norway Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did Princess Ragnhild inherit a spiral-shaped diamond brooch which Queen Maud had originally received as a wedding gift in 1896?

Princess Raghnild widow has an official girlfriend.
I am sure the late Princess jewels will never come back to the main house.

I think her jewels (these from the royal family) are passed to her children rather than her husband so whether Mr. Lorentzen has a girlfriend or not is doesn't matter?

I am wondering how many jewels did Raghnild own and pass to her children. I only know she kept the pearl circle to her children as it was a gift to her. I guess most of her jewels probably are loans from the royal family e.g. the flower brooch, both Ragnhild and Astrid have worn it. She also had worn the diamond collet and a 5 strand pearls which probably are the pieces now worn by Sonja. But she has a brooch with a pearl drop which I don't see it on other ladies, maybe that's her personal property.

Princess Raghnild receive a tiara from her Godmother Princess Margaretha of Denmark. This tiara was Princess Ingeborg's. This is a personal gift which will stay in her family

I can't see the daughters of the late Princess Ragnhild ever needing a tiara ,I wonder if this one will make its way back to the Norwegian RF?

:previous: If her kids don't need it and decide to sell it I hope they will make approaches to NRF first before put it in auction house! There is too much negative space but its design is interesting and pretty.

An Ard Ri,
The decendants of Count Flemming Rosenborg (Denmark)sold their grand parents items in Paris. There were items of Prncess Ingeborg of Sweden and I bought a silver note book with "I "and a crown, she was King Albert II grandmother..
I am sure the Lorentzen (who will never wear tiaras anymore) will sell a lot of royal items belonging to their Mother when their father will pass away.

An Ard Ri,
The decendants of Count Flemming Rosenborg (Denmark)sold their grand parents items in Paris. There were items of Prncess Ingeborg of Sweden and I bought a silver note book with "I "and a crown, she was King Albert II grandmother..
I am sure the Lorentzen (who will never wear tiaras anymore) will sell a lot of royal items belonging to their Mother when their father will pass away.

Why would they sell? The Lorentzens are millionaires and a diadem/necklace in the family comes handy.

Why would they sell? The Lorentzens are millionaires and a diadem/necklace in the family comes handy.

But on the other hand the daughters and daughter-in-law of Princess Ranghild have never worn one of her tiaras. Not for their Weddings and also when attending royakl Events in Norway like the 70th or 80th birthday celebrations of King Harald.

The aigrett must be very lightweight and convenient to wear.

I recall seeing photos of Britain's Queen Mary wearing what looked like the ruby and diamond aigrette and the all-diamond wings now with Princess Astrid. Would I be right in assuming they are the same pieces?

:previous: (I have never seen such photos but) very likely that they are from British as Astrid inherited these from her paternal grandmother.

I recall seeing photos of Britain's Queen Mary wearing what looked like the ruby and diamond aigrette and the all-diamond wings now with Princess Astrid. Would I be right in assuming they are the same pieces?

No, Queen Mary had her own aigrettes - namely the forget me not and another set with rubies.
Princess Astrid’s came from Queen Maud.

I have seen a number of pics of Queen Mary wearing several different aigrettes, but but I don't think that any of them look particularly like one of Princess Astrid's. Let's not forget that aigrettes were very popular in that era, many Princesses had them. It's just that there are few portraits of royal ladies wearing aigrettes because they preferred the bigger and more formal tiaras for official portraits.

It's my favourite among Princess Astrid's tiaras and I'm always happy to see it worn.

I always love the Vasa but it indeed lost in Astrid silver hair. The Vasa looks the best when she was young with her darker hair, and now she looks the best with the Turquoises one (and her little diamond wings! :lol:).

It is funny to read all the speculation about Princess Ragnhild, Mrs. Lorentzens jewellry.
The Lorentzen family has a fortune of billions. So they do not need to sell any jewels. Secondly: NO item from the jewellry collection of the late princess has been seen back in Norway since she passed away. That means Queen Sonja has not worn any pearl choker from her etc. as someone told in this thread. The pearl choker of Queen Sonja is from Queen Alexandra / Queen Maud.
The diamond tiara of Maud/Ragnhild is back in the royal vault. Probably it will go to the crown princess when Princess Ingrid will turn 18. The princess Ingrid will probably get the Daisy tiara as an 18th birthday gift, which is more suited to a young princess, and the big one to the crown princess, that has few options today. When Princess Märtha Louise turned 18, she received a small pearl tiara from her grandfather King Olav. I bet this will be the case.

It is funny to read all the speculation about Princess Ragnhild, Mrs. Lorentzens jewellry.
The Lorentzen family has a fortune of billions. So they do not need to sell any jewels. Secondly: NO item from the jewellry collection of the late princess has been seen back in Norway since she passed away. That means Queen Sonja has not worn any pearl choker from her etc. as someone told in this thread. The pearl choker of Queen Sonja is from Queen Alexandra / Queen Maud.
The diamond tiara of Maud/Ragnhild is back in the royal vault. Probably it will go to the crown princess when Princess Ingrid will turn 18. The princess Ingrid will probably get the Daisy tiara as an 18th birthday gift, which is more suited to a young princess, and the big one to the crown princess, that has few options today. When Princess Märtha Louise turned 18, she received a small pearl tiara from her grandfather King Olav. I bet this will be the case.

I do hope what you are saying is true and the tiara is back in the royal vaults, awaiting use by MM or IA. It would be a pity to see it leave the royal line.

I do hope what you are saying is true and the tiara is back in the royal vaults, awaiting use by MM or IA. It would be a pity to see it leave the royal line.

I have a couple of very high resolution pictures of Ragnhilds jewels, the diamond tiara and the boucheron pearl circle tiara and additional jewels. Too bad I can not show them here.

I have a couple of very high resolution pictures of Ragnhilds jewels, the diamond tiara and the boucheron pearl circle tiara and additional jewels. Too bad I can not show them here.

Might you be able to share them via private messaging?

You could upload them to Pinterest and then share the link here. There are other photo-sharing websites but a lot of them have gone to pay models lately so Pinterest in a good free choice.

Pinterest

I have tried to upload from my pinterest, but the moderators do not accept it.

Back
Top Bottom