Princess Ragnhild and Princess Astrid of Norway Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In an book about her which was published last year it was confirmed by Princess Astrid that the tiaras in her posession will go back to the Crown after her death. Probably the sme will happen with the tiaras in the posession of Princess Ragnhild.
about the jewellery and the circle tiara that Princess Ragnhild have this is her private belonging. It have never belonged to the Royal Family of Norway. She got that Tiara from her Grand mother Princess Ingeborg. Princess Ragnhilds jewellery is infact her own private jewelery only the Queen Maud Diamond Tiara belong to the Royal house of norway. Princess Ragnhild and Erling Lorentzen are the richest of all royal families in Scandinavia and she have got alot of fantastic jewellery from her husband during a long life. So the jewellery she wears is her private once i hope it will go to her children. I cant understand why her private jewellery shall go back to the Royal House they can buy their own jewellery if they need

i think the tiaras worn by the princesses is a bitt odd. i would like to see them more close up.

how about their other jewllery like necklaces and earings
do we know more about them

Princess Astrid.
Oct. 2010- State Visit from Switherland
tiara

Princess Astrid.
tiara
That's the best picture I have seen of this bandeau. Thanks for posting it:flowers:.
I think it once belonged to Princess Ingeborg. Is there anything else know about it's history, or what kind of stones it contains?

Princess Astrid.
tiara

Well, she's can't be accused of following the crowd on her jewelry choices.... She looks very, erm, unique? lol

What a strange tiara. It almost looks like a plastic tiara you can buy for carnival. :lol:
I have never seen such a good close-up of it. Thanks for posting one, Salma!
I would also really like to know about the history of this tiara and what it is made of.

It looks different from usual tiaras, and since I'm very fond of diversity I must admit that I quite like it! (Certainly better than Queen Sonja's star wars tiara:cool:).
It has a rather medieval look: solid gold with cabochon gem stones. I think they might be moonstone with ruby and emerald (don't quote me on this, it is only a guess!). At least I wouldn't mind having it for carnival:).
On this site it says that it once belonged to Princess Ingeborg of Sweden http://www.angelfire.com/la3/lone_mor/kongelige_a_bandeau.html

You´re welcome Tilia C and her Majesty!

I don´t know the history of this tiara, this is the 2nd time that I see it. As Her Majesty wrote looks like plastic!

Oh my..thanks for posting this! I have never seen such good pictures of the Vasa tiara! Usually there are only these wide shots of the Royals walking in from the Norwegian court. (Is there any chance you could post close-ups of the Queen and CP as well?)
The Vasa tiara is my favorite of Ps. Astrid's tiaras, although the turquoise tiara is not bad either.

The tiara is really beautiful. It's nice to see it ina close-up. Thanks alot for sharing, Humera!

Thanks Humera. I'm hoping we'll see Mette-Marit wear it in the future.

It's really a beautiful tiara and the right size. Not to big and not to small. Unfortuanetly it get's most of the time lost in Pricness Astrid's grey hair and because she wears it lying back and not upright. Perhaps Princess Ingrid Alexandra get to wear it once she is 18 and given it has come then back to the main line.

Wow, that's really pretty! Love that tiara - suddenly one of my favorites. The necklace is very nice, too.

Thanks Humera! I agree the Vasa tiara is quite beautiful and I'm glad to see it close up. Stefan, you're right in that Princess Astrid doesn't do justice to the tiara's beauty.:flowers:

Who is the owner of the Vasa tiara? I don't think that I have seen it in the last years worn by Queen Sonja?

Who is the owner of the Vasa tiara? I don't think that I have seen it in the last years worn by Queen Sonja?

It's owned by Princess Astrid but she statet once that after her death it will go back to the crown.

Thanks so much Stefan for your clarification. It is really a beautiful tiara. Good to know, that it will go back to the Norwegian RF one day.
Maybe we could do some photoshopping with CP Mette-Marit? ;)

Salma, Humera; do you maybe have any more close-up pictures of either Astrid or Ragnhild wearing their tiaras? :whistling::flowers:

It was great to see the Vasa Tiara and the golden Bandeau in close-ups. It would be great to see one of Ragnhild's tiaras in close-ups too.

Stefan said:
It's owned by Princess Astrid but she statet once that after her death it will go back to the crown.
What about Astrid's other tiaras?
The Turquoise Tiara and the golden Bandeau... will they also go back to the crown?
And what about Princess Ragnhild tiaras?

Last edited:
:previous:
As far as i know from Astrid's tiara the turqiose tiara and the Vasa Tiara will come back, and from Princess Ragnhild the diamond tiara which earlier belonged to Queen Maud. But not 100% sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
pic

Princess Ragnhild
pic[/QUOTE]

It's so good to see a close-up of the Vassar tiara!
What I would love to see is a close-up of the first tiara P.Ragnhild is wearing...I think I read that the turqouise stones were originally on this tiara instead of the diamonds.

More details her gold bandeau:
Pic
Pic

I love Astrid, but in the second set of pictures, where she has on the multi-jeweled bandeau, one or two necklaces, three royal portrait orders, her sash, a pin, and large earrings, I think she ends up looking a bit like a Christmas tree. :whistling:

Princess Astrid: Queen Maud's Turquoise Tiara
Pic
Pic1

If there is one stone that doesn't look good in tiaras or any other jewellery for that matter, it's turquoise. I think it's because it doesn't "bling".
Though i love the structure of the tiara..

Agreed - pretty color but just not sparkly enough, especially for a tiara.

I like the turquoise tiara, but is more beautiful the Empress Farah´s turquoise tiara.

Back
Top Bottom