Princess Ragnhild and Princess Astrid of Norway Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you please tell me, what "dress glasses" exactly are, how they do look like. Thank you in advance.

In the third picture explaining the The Vasa Tiara, is an example of dress (silver and jeweled) reading glasses. Princess Astrid was a very striking young lady without the glasses, imo.

Is Princess Astrid a HH and not HRH?

Princess Astrid lost her style of HRH when she married Johan Martin Ferner on the 12th of January 1961.Since then she has been styled H.H.Princess Astrid,Mrs. Ferner.

Princess Astrid lost her style of HRH when she married Johan Martin Ferner on the 12th of January 1961.Since then she has been styled H.H.Princess Astrid,Mrs. Ferner.
What about princess Ragnihld?

They are only HH outside of Norway. On the Norwegian version of the royal website they are not styled HH or HRH. Astrid is Princess Astrid Frau Ferner.

Re the dress glasses, I think I understand now, and thank you very much, Patra.

Princess astrid has a ruby diamond large pendent does it have a royal history

she also have a large diamond bow brosch is it the same as Queen Mauds
however Queen Mauds looks much bigger

Oh, I hope this tiara went back to the Royal Family. It would be a shame if such a beautiful and historically significant piece disappeared forever. Does anyone know if Ragnhild said how her jewels are going to be divided up?

As the Princess hasn't been buried yet its a bit early to speculate as to what will happen with her jewel chest,however it would be nice if the historic pieces found their way back to Norway.

Oh, I hope this tiara went back to the Royal Family. It would be a shame if such a beautiful and historically significant piece disappeared forever. Does anyone know if Ragnhild said how her jewels are going to be divided up?
According to this article the jewelry after queen Maud are to get back into the main NRF, decisions made by king Olav and king Harald. Slik blir arven etter prinsesse Ragnhild - VG Nett om Kongehuset The article doesn't mention what will happen to the jewelry princess Ragnhild inherited after her mother crown princess Märtha and maternal grandmother princess Ingeborg of Sweden, hopefully those items will also get back into the royal vaults. Princess Ragnhild also had jewels given to her by her husband and those will (of course) go to her children, unless they decide anything else.

I wonder when we Will see this Diamond tiara again, My belivies is that it Will be rested for a few years before it Will be used again

I wonder when we Will see this Diamond tiara again, My belivies is that it Will be rested for a few years before it Will be used again

Yes,I'd agree with you there,they might wait a few years out of respect for the memory of the King's late sister.

Yes,I'd agree with you there,they might wait a few years out of respect for the memory of the King's late sister.

And then for a Special Event like the King's Silver Jubilee or his 80th birthday.

And then for a Special Event like the King's Silver Jubilee or his 80th birthday.

Yes indeed,forgot about both of those celebrations.

I had thought earlier that maybe the royal family might pass on the tiara to Princess Ingrid Alexandra for her 18th birthday?

Yes indeed,forgot about both of those celebrations.

I had thought earlier that maybe the royal family might pass on the tiara to Princess Ingrid Alexandra for her 18th birthday?

I think it is a bit big for a starter tiara. Better would be the daisy tiara of her mother or the Vasa diamond tiara which is now with Princess Astrid. I guess this big diamond tiara will be reserved for the Queen/First Lady.

For the King 80th birthday , Princess Raghnild family will wear their tiaras.
I don't think they will come back again to the main Branch

For the King 80th birthday , Princess Raghnild family will wear their tiaras.
I don't think they will come back again to the main Branch

I would imagine that tiara events for Princess Raghnild's children are very rare,perhaps the King might buy them back?

I've recently updated my posts on some Scandinavian tiaras and I would love some feedback. Here are the tiaras that have been worn by Princess Ragnhild.

Diamond Tiara
Pearl Circle Tiara
Vasa Tiara

Here are the tiaras that have been worn by Princess Astrid.

Aigrette Tiara
Diamond Tiara
Emerald Parure Tiara
Gold Bandeau
Turquoise Tiara
Vasa Tiara

Thanks in advance!

Astrid has also Crown Princess Märtha's Diamond Bandeau Tiara. There are not many pictures about it.

Neither Princess Astrid's nor Princess Ragnhild's children have ever been seen wearing tiaras. Not at the King's 70th birthday, and not even at their own weddings. So I don't think that they will ever wear their mothers tiaras.

As for buying back any jewellery, I think that the King will be more interested in aquiring the more wearable pieces, like the Boucheron circle tiara or the Vasa tiara.

But I have once seen a photoshop of Princess Märtha with the gold bandeau, and it really rocked! It suited her style and colouring very well. On the other hand I find it hard to imagine it in Mette-Marit's very light hair.

This tiara is very beautiful and thankfully not lost hope in the future.

No Show up of the late Princess Ragnhild jewels at the Royal Court.

She was absolutely not happen with Prince Haakon 's wedding !

Back
Top Bottom