Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not particularly impressive, IMHO. It looks rather like a piece of costume jewelry to me...

Madonna would have loved it as one out of half a dozen around her neck, ca. 25 years ago.

Although the blue stones are beautiful, this cross pendant is rather ugly. I can't go crazy about such complicated designs. JMO

YUK I cannot stand that sort of costume stukk honestly who is helping this girl... helping her .... they are cruelIMO

I don’t like a single one of the (how many, three by now?) rather ugly costume jewelry sets worn by Princess Marie in Mexico.
She must be at least partly to blame, since she has already been given and loaned quite a few real pieces from the royal vaults and could have chosen those.

I totally agree Boris, she really has no style and I try to give her a break, but come on you are on a state visit, buy some good costume jewelry if thats all you have.

The jewels are fantastic! Not overly done, perfect. That great smile was the best accessory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know anything about the brooch she has on as a pendant? Really stunning!!

I loved the pendant and didn't know it's a brooch. Would like to see a close-up, of course.

The tiara and the earrings are fantastic as well!

I think here Mary and Marie are mixed.
The Wedding tiara of Mary was bought for her (most likely at auction) and because of this no other lady of the danish RF has worn it before. The tiara of Princess marie has belonged to princess Dagmar, the youngest daughter of King Frederik VIII. Later it came back to the main line and was then given to the then Princess Margrethe who wore it often in her first years as Queen.

thanks stephan!
so how is it decided if a tiara will be bought? how come mary's tiara didn't come from the family's tiara's like marie?

thanks stephan!
so how is it decided if a tiara will be bought? how come mary's tiara didn't come from the family's tiara's like marie?
Don't know how they decide. I think Mary was given a purchased smaller tiara as the Queen know she would have the ruby Parure at her disposal which was inherited by Crown Prince Frederik.

Also Maries tiara is only on loan, it will go back to the collection. Unlike the tiaras that boh Countess Alexandra and Crown Princess Mary wears, they own theirs and can do with what they want.

This tiara is beautiful, but not my cup of tea. I loved the earrings - diamonds? ;)

What I would really like to know is what happened to Princess Marie's wedding earrings! We've never seen them again in over 2 years. So maybe they were a loan?

What I would really like to know is what happened to Princess Marie's wedding earrings! We've never seen them again in over 2 years. So maybe they were a loan?

The wording on the official press release about the wedding earrings has always made me think it was a loan.

In addition, Miss Marie Cavallier wears a pair of diamond earrings from Genève.

Had it been a present from her parents, I think it would have been mentioned.

Full press release:
The Danish Monarchy - Current activities - News

Ayvee, glad to hear from you, I have always figured they were loaned or she would have used them again as the Danes have worn tiaras alot these last 2 years!!!

14-10-2010 Princess Marie giving out the award Prix litteraire des Ambassadeurs to Carsten Jensen at the Belgian Embassy in Copenhagen. The Princess is Patroness for the Organisation
I have found a detail
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
detail

Dear Terri Terri, On another website, the earrings's stones looked dark blue.
That maybe...but in the link I posted, the earrings look green!:flowers: And if the earrings are dark blue, they still don't match the outfit.
Which website are you referring to? Can you post a picture?:)

I love these earrings, maybe a Christmas present?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom