Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her wedding tiara is nice but I don't think it's anthing special:

Pic

I actually think that some of the elements of Marie's wedding tiara are quite similar to the Strathmore Rose tiara that belonged to QEQM. Any thoughts?

Yes, I had always thought that myself, muriel, which is probably why I like it so much. The tiara does have a similar floral motif.

I actually think that some of the elements of Marie's wedding tiara are quite similar to the Strathmore Rose tiara that belonged to QEQM. Any thoughts?

Yes, I had always thought that myself, muriel, which is probably why I like it so much. The tiara does have a similar floral motif.

Perhaps the BRF may choose to "upgrade" the Strathmore Rose in future years, using Marie's tiara as inspiration, possibly for use by Harry's wife.

:previous:I hope you're right and that the BRF will consider it worthwhile because of its historical provenance, even though renovation to the tiara might not be considered cost-effective.

Hi, does anyone have bigger photo of Princess Marie I think ruby earrings, she wore in the Pandora shop in Tokyo?
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01p8eC5bti5qr/610x.jpg
Thank you!

Ok, nerver mind.
I did search and found out they are from Pandora, and are with pink sapphires :)
http://www.pandora.net/pl-pl/explore/products/earrings
This is a PL site, as I couldn't find those earrings at main Pandora site.

And here's a matching pendant, Marie has it also:
http://www.beadazzle.co.uk/18k-Gold-and-Pink-Sapphire-Necklace-p2849.html

But here at this site, there are those earrings, and they are said with rubies...
http://www.argento.co.uk/Models.aspx?ModelID=5415

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have to reserve judgment until she actually wears it, but I don't know if I care for it too much at first sight. Many times tiaras can look better when worn than just displayed. What appears to be amethyst beads at the base are basically the size and look of marbles, and they're too big. And maybe if there were more elements between the flowers, like floral sprays, to reduce the empty space it would look nicer.

Last edited:
Hummmm- not liking the base very much, looks like lapis or agate. However, the floral moonstones & pearls may look nice when worn. I too will reserve final verdict until Princess Marie actually wears it!

I don't like it at all! I don't care for the florals but the base is the worst! The design is too modern for me.

A question from a tiara-ignorant:
Are modern tiaras supposed to more understated in regards to stones and more focused on the actual craftsmanship? I.e. having a more lifelike theme, where the stones are an almost discreet part of that theme and not the other way around?

Another thing is that the new tiara QMII will be presented with shortly, will also have flowers as the theme, so these three seems to me to be some kind of trinity, theme-wise.

That's an interesting question. I believe that modern royalty is more careful about spending money on jewellery. Therefore, modern tiaras are often no longer incrusted with precious stones, which are so much more expensive than the metal.
Some examples are the the modern topaz tiara of Queen Sonja (often called Star Wars tiara :whistling:), the tiara owned by Princess Märtha-Louise, or the new tiara of Princess Letizia.
But the trend to go for naturalistic, 3-dimensional recreation of floral themes seems to bee uniquely Danish. I haven't yet seen a similar tiara on any other lady.
And somehow this trend seems to have started with the infamous Golden Poppies. I'm very glad the the midnight and lily tiaras go back to a more classical wreath shape. And I hope that the Greenlandic tiara will be the same.

Her engagement ring has got to be the ugliest I have ever seen! The idea just did'nt work out for me.Just tacky!

Last edited:
I dislike Marie's ring as well and immediately thought of a mother's ring when I first saw it with that chunky setting. This was a style popular years ago when rings similar to Marie's were set with the birthstones of a mother's children.

This is a mother's ring:

http://hopmansjewelry.com/catalog/images/4196y4.jpg

I guess in this case, the stones reflect the colors of France's flag in Marie's ring.

Last edited:
I like stones in Marie's ring but settings is not the best, maybe delicate band would look better.

I always thought it would be nice if it were all large diamonds. Then the gold would work.

The Ring Is Nice But I Think it’s Not Suitable for Engagment Ring The Design it’s seem for Normal occasion Not Something Special , Thank you for Sharing

Last edited:
Never liked this engagement ring, poor design IMO-

There is an article in Billed Bladet #11, 2012, in which Marie's engagement ring is mentioned.

It says that it was important that Marie's engagement rind did not resemble the engagement ringt Alexandra wore. I.e. a diamond ring with two small rubies on each side.
Instead Marie got a broad goldring, the gold is from greenland, with three gemstones, A ruby, a diamond and a sapphire.

Eh. It's not as nice as others, isn't this the same ring Joachim gave to Alexandra?

:previous:
No, it isn't.
Alexandra's engagement ring featured a large diamond flanked by two rubies - a node to the Danish flag.
Marie's engagement ring features a ruby, a diamond and a sapphire - a node to the French flag.

Last edited:
Grandduchess24 said:
Eh. It's not as nice as others, isn't this the same ring Joachim gave to Alexandra?

No. As Muhler said in the post above Alexandra's was a diamond surrounded by 2 rubies.

I have been wondering about the same piece(s), whether they are separate brooches or one piece.
Her earrings are very simple and pretty, btw.

Regarding her engagement ring 2 things 1] I f she had a hand in choosing it fine it's ugly but she picked ugly
2] I f that is not the case how did she feel when seeing for the first time the most appaling engagement ring and the new husband sees you as that boring !!!!
Because IMO not only is it Ugly but it's boring it's not an eterinty ring it's just something one would slip on for daytime when nothing else came to mind.
So for me I hope it's the first option.

I think it's more likely 2; he picked it out without her input. It was supposed to represent her and her native country France. I see how in his mind that alone could be romantic. I do notice that she rarely wears it anymore. She wears several others or just her wedding ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom