Princess Margriet of the Netherlands Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pearl version of the tiara has also been worn as wedding tiara by Princess Annemarie of Bourbon-Parma (who married the King’s cousin Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Parma). Princess Annemarie also wore it at the pre-wedding of Guillaume and Stephanie in Luxemburg. There is only a very blurred photo from this event, so it’s difficult to make out which version it was. But her gown was green, so probably it was with emeralds.

This tiara is one of those which are generously shared among the Dutch royal ladies. I won’t be surprised if Princess Laurentien will also wear it in the years to come. If only they would go and add two more emerald prongs...:whistling:

The pearl version of the tiara has also been worn as wedding tiara by Princess Annemarie of Bourbon-Parma (who married the King’s cousin Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Parma). Princess Annemarie also wore it at the pre-wedding of Guillaume and Stephanie in Luxemburg. There is only a very blurred photo from this event, so it’s difficult to make out which version it was. But her gown was green, so probably it was with emeralds..[/:whistling:QUOTE]
Forgot that it was also worn by Annemarie. I think it was the emerald setting in Luxemburg.
If only they would go and add two more emerald prongs...[/:whistling:QUOTE] That would be the best solution. Or put the 2 smaller prongs more in the middle near the central emerald prong like it was at the original tiara.
I think Princess Margriet has also worn it once in an all diamond setting. Don't remember the Event but it was an official Visit around 2008/09.

On the instagram of dutchroyaljewels a nice picture was found of Princess Margriet with a lovely diamond-and-pearl broche:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bepn9k3AsLl/?taken-by=dutchroyaljewels#

I hope the link works. It is unbelievable how many items there are. This one looks as very suitable to break up into two earhangers, a small broche and a pendant. But I have never seen the Orange-Nassaus with it, so probably it is stacked away in a cassette somewhere. I hope Queen Máxima will surprise us one day.

What will be left for her 4 Sons ?

The Princess has lots of personal bijoux. It depends whether this specific broche has been placed into the Foundation Crown Properties of the House Orange-Nassau. If so, then the House Orange-Nassau is the owner and not an individual person. To me this broche is typically a historic piece in an old style, worth to maintain it in the Foundation. Máxima loves to surprise us with long not seen items, so maybe she will pop it up once.

Last edited:
Princess Margriet wore a tiara again at this year's edition of the Stuyvesand ball in New York. And it's the diamond sunray tiara, Mabel's wedding tiara! This makes her the third lady that we have ever seen this tiara, as it was seen for the first time as Mabel's wedding tiara and was later worn by Maxima. She pairs it with the trellis necklace and large pendant earrings.

Margriet des Pays-Bas à l’hôtel Plaza à New York – Noblesse & Royautés
I must say that I quite like it on Princess Margriet, it works well with her short hairstyle.

I nver liked it as a wedding tiara on Mabel but it seems to suit Margriet's hairstyle better.

I nver liked it as a wedding tiara on Mabel but it seems to suit Margriet's hairstyle better.

The difference is that in Margriet one can only see the top row of the diamonda as the rest is buried in her bouiffant hairdoo unlike the updoos of Mabel and Máxima.

Last edited:
I very much agree. It's a bit like the Swedish buttons tiaras, which also look best in short, bouffant hair that hides the bottom of the tiara. I won't mind seeing Princess Margriet wearing this one more often. ;)

Princess Margriet is wearing the Dutch Laurel Wreath Tiara during the banquet in honour of President of Italy tonight

Margriet

Lovely, we haven't often seen the princess with it.
Have we seen this necklace before? It seems a \combination of a modern silver necklace with an antique diamond bracelet?

Have we seen this necklace before? It seems a \combination of a modern silver necklace with an antique diamond bracelet?

I think it is platinum,not silver...

Really lovely to see the Dutch Laurel Wreath Tiara again!

I haven't seen this necklace before. The tiara looks lovely. I do hope Amalia uses it in the not too distant future.

Princess Margriet wore again the Dutch Laurel Wreath Tiara during the Peter Stuyvesant Ball in New York City yesterday:

Upper view

Full view

The Laurel Leaf tiara is definitely both beautiful and substantial. It sort of screams "I am here and I am gorgeous".

Princess Margriet's tiara appearances in 2022

1 2

A rare photo of Margriet wearing the Sapphire Tiara without its center diamonds
Margriet

This is very rare indeed and completely unknown to me. I have never seen the tiara in an altered form before Queen Máxima wore it.

It was apparently posted in a longer article about the tiara by the late Eric Schoonhoven, who sadly passed away not too long ago. He did research into the tiara and discovered more about the origins of it as well.

https://www.modemuze.nl/blog/een-nederlands-diadeem-naar-frans-voorbeeld

The occassion where Pss Margriet wore the tiara was at the wedding of now Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg and his wife Maria Teresa.

:previous: She did indeed! It's a really lovely tiara that suits her well. I will never understand why Maxima never gave this tiara a go. But luckily Margriet wears is regularly.

I too don't understand why Maxima and till now also Amalia has never worn that tiara as it is quiet a beautiful smaller tiara. But luckily Princess Margriet and also Princess Laurentien seem to like it.

I too don't understand why Maxima and till now also Amalia has never worn that tiara as it is quiet a beautiful smaller tiara. But luckily Princess Margriet and also Princess Laurentien seem to like it.
Its almost Princess Margriets trade mark tiara.

Back
Top Bottom