Princess Madeleine Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Madeleine will leave the Modern Fringe to the Bernadotte family foundation or will it be inherited by her children ?

I think Madeleine will be wise to let the monarch of the day purchase it off her, so that it returns to the SRF. It will then be up to the monarch of the day to decide if it remains privately own, or by the foundation. I suspect a similar arrangement has been arrived at for the Aquamarine tiara that Madeleine (and Victoria) wore in recent years.

Many were shocked when Madeleine wore this tiara on her wedding day instead of the Cameo Tiara.

Beautiful Fringe tiara.

Many were shocked when Madeleine wore this tiara on her wedding day instead of the Cameo Tiara.

Beautiful Fringe tiara.
The Modern Fringe suits Madeleine in a way it suits none other in the family and I believe that is why the King and Queen gifted it to her as that was the tiara she tended to wear the most and she knew that she didn't have the gravitas to carry off the somewhat daunting Cameo Tiara.

When Victoria wore it for her wedding you could see a glimpse of the queen she will become whereas when Madeleine wore the Modern Fringe she epitomised the fairytale Princess from the tip of her delicate tiara to the toes of her amazing shoes and she knew she looked exactly who she wanted to be.

Great jewelries from Madeleine. And finally we saw Madeleine wore the Aquamarine again, no one can wear it better than her. Surprisingly the color of her gown goes quite well with her tiara and orders.

Great jewelries from Madeleine. And finally we saw Madeleine wore the Aquamarine again, no one can wear it better than her. Surprisingly the color of her gown goes quite well with her tiara and orders.
Madeleine has great hair to bring out the beauty of nearly any tiara. And hair blue eyes are brought out by the blue stones. So it's always great to see her with this lovely tiara. To think that this beautiful jewel has hardly been worn for a couple of decades, and then it resurfaced and is frequently worn again! I love it.

Looking at Madeleine again, I just noticed that she took a leaf out or Victoria's book and added a diamond riviere to the tiara base. Victoria did that when she wore the tiara two year's ago at the Nobels.

I love this tiara on Madeleine. She has the best tiara hair in the family this year. I just don't care for those earrings. They really have no style as they look exactly like what they are: epaulettes made into earrings.

Not overly crazy about the earrings but always love seeing the aquamarine kokoshnik tiara!

Madeleine looks so gorgeous (As always) She was born to wear Tiaras and she was born to wear Aquamarines. Could you imagine how great she would look in the sapphire tiara(i know this will never happen)?

I am not sure what was the thought behind adding a collier to the diadem. It is a clash of two styles. The fine fillegrain of the diadem versus the wonky diamonds. And as the diadem is big, sparkling and glittering, there was no need to add a collier as base, in my humble opinion.

Simply Breathtaking!!! Love when jewels and gown don't match but go together.

Madeleine has great hair to bring out the beauty of nearly any tiara. And hair blue eyes are brought out by the blue stones. So it's always great to see her with this lovely tiara. To think that this beautiful jewel has hardly been worn for a couple of decades, and then it resurfaced and is frequently worn again! I love it.

I think we can thank Princess Margareta Mrs Ambler for that. According to Princess Christina, she is keeping the tiara in Stockholm for safety reasons (perhaps after Christina’s tiara was stolen) and allows others to wear it when she is not.

I hope and pray that this means that she will leave it to the main line after her death !

I somehow think that the family has come to some kind of agreement, that the tiara will return to the main line. Otherwise I don't see why the Crown Princess would have worn it at such an important event as the Nobels, and also in official pictures. But for the time being we can only speculate about that.

For Princess Margareta it makes sense to keep the tiara in Sweden, and I can't imagine that she used to travel to England with it. She only ever has occasion to wear it in Sweden, and the royal castle is probably the safest place to store it.

Love that tiara and I don’t remember ever seeing it before. Just that cyclops one. Love the earrings, they go with anything!

Love that tiara and I don’t remember ever seeing it before. Just that cyclops one. Love the earrings, they go with anything!

Madeleine wore it in 2015, and Victoria in 2017 for the Nobels (Madeleine has also worn for an official portrait and a kid's event). It was mostly worn by Margareta over the years as it is hers. She wore it to CP and Victoria's weddings.

I love the tiara, brings out Madeleine's eyes. Great fit on her.

Her jewels were on point tonight.

Madeleine wore it in 2015, and Victoria in 2017 for the Nobels (Madeleine has also worn for an official portrait and a kid's event). It was mostly worn by Margareta over the years as it is hers. She wore it to CP and Victoria's weddings.

I love the tiara, brings out Madeleine's eyes. Great fit on her.

Her jewels were on point tonight.
And Princess Christina wore the aquamarine kokoshnik in 2014 and 2015. That was the first time that anybody other than Princess Margareta wore the tiara since she received it. So this tiara has made several appearance during the past five years and I think that we will continue to see it regularly. :D Fingers crossed, because the tiara is a beauty and a masterpiece.

I am not sure what was the thought behind adding a collier to the diadem. It is a clash of two styles. The fine fillegrain of the diadem versus the wonky diamonds. And as the diadem is big, sparkling and glittering, there was no need to add a collier as base, in my humble opinion.
I think Madeleine looked great last night. I thought it was an inspired choice to pair the aquamarine tiara with the bright pink dress.

I do not think the string of diamonds at the base of the Aquamarine Kokoshnik is a harmonious match, and could probably be avoided in the future.
Great heavens above, whatever was she thinking. Perhaps she should have adhered to that oldie but goodie and removed the requisite one accessory before leaving home!

The Aquamarine Kokoshnik is as remarkable in its balance given the honking great size of the aquamarines, as it is in its delicate finish. Having not had a chance to look here until now and cringed. It looks like a string of white Christmas tree lights flashing in the lights!

To me it seems she has lost her sense of style and treated us to the purest case of "Gilding the Lily" as I have ever seen.

To my knowledge it was Crown Princee Victoria that added the diamonds at the base of the aquamarine tiara when she wore it to the Nobel ceremony a few years ago.

To my knowledge it was Crown Princee Victoria that added the diamonds at the base of the aquamarine tiara when she wore it to the Nobel ceremony a few years ago.
Yes, Victoria was the first who wore this combination. I assume that the riviere is detachable, so that we will see the tiara with and without those extra diamond in the future. I don't really mind that extra riviere, but the tiara is perfectly nice without it as. What I like to see is that they are playing around with the jewels and try new combinations. That's very refreshing, imo.

Its such a treat to see the aquamarine tiara more often in recent years. Its a stunning tiara. Those stones look amazing. I like that ladies try out different combinations but I think that the Aquamarine tiara looked better without that additional diamond row. Its magnificant enough, so no need to over adorn it. However those earrings were good match (even though they look heavy and painful to wear).
We've seen Madeleine and Victoria, and their aunts wearing the Kokoshnik, so it would be interesting to see Sofia wearing it too.

To me it seems she has lost her sense of style and treated us to the purest case of "Gilding the Lily" as I have ever seen.

Or is it more a case of Maddie wanting to wear whatever her older sister wears?

We've seen Madeleine and Victoria, and their aunts wearing the Kokoshnik, so it would be interesting to see Sofia wearing it too.

Would also be nice tio see it be worn by the Queen.

Would also be nice tio see it be worn by the Queen.
Absolutely. :flowers: Though I don't think that the Queen would borrow from her sister-in-law. She might think that it wouldn't befit the rank of a queen wear borrowed jewels. But maybe I'm wrong and Silvia will surprise us one day.

Absolutely. :flowers: Though I don't think that the Queen would borrow from her sister-in-law. She might think that it wouldn't befit the rank of a queen wear borrowed jewels. But maybe I'm wrong and Silvia will surprise us one day.

Could be that she doen't wan't to borrw from her sister-inlaw as she has so many avaiible to her. On the opther hand i think the Kokoshnik is probably one of the not so heavy tara's which the Queen seems to prefer nowaday's and it seems easy to wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom