Princess Madeleine Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any further information on this necklace? Is it a swedish royal family heirloom? or was it bought while the King and Queen were married? I've also seen princess Victoria wear this necklace too.

This convertible tiara/necklace is not a royal family heirloom - as Tartucat stated here correctly, it was newly aquired in 1986 and given as as gift to Queen Silvia from her husband on their 10th wedding anniversary.
(Therefore I always thought it should be called 'Queen Silvia tiara' rather than 'King Carl Gustaf tiara' - I never would expect HIM to wear it!)
I would love to know if it was first designed back then or if it's an older piece that the King bought, but no info has ever come up about its provenance.
IMO it's lovely both as a necklace and a tiara. Maybe the nicest 'new' tiara around, among all the new tiaras that were added to some Royal collections over the past 20 years. It always looks great both on Princess Madeleine and Queen Silvia and yes, CP Victoria has worn it too but only as a necklace. It's a very classy and timeless piece.

HRHAmy said:
Thank you Boris for explaining but I was actually talking about this necklace
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2743&d=1045434402
Sorry! I forgot the link in the other post. Does anyone have any further info on this necklace?

Hello,

The drops on this necklace come from the Forget-Me-Knot diamond tiara.
See Queen Silvia Jewelry Thread Post no. 2
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/queen-silvia-jewelry-187.html
It is 3rd picture in first row and 2nd picture in 2nd row.

According to Geoffrey Munn, p.416, Tiaras A History of Splendour:
A diamond-set tiara in the form of loops of forget-me-not flowers secured by bows, from which hang diamond drops. Given by Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Connaught to their daughter Princess Margaret when she married Hereditary Prince Gustav Adolph of Sweden on 15 June 1905. It was made by E. Wolff & Co. and was probably supplied by Garrard.

-Ayvee

Thank you Ayvee for all the information! Do you know if anyone still wears the Forget-me-not tiara anymore? Or did they just remove the drops for necklace? I'm suprised that they put those drops on that tiny chain, I think they should have put them on something more substantail. Maybe a solid diamond necklace.

The tiara is still worn frequently (luckily as it is a gorgeous one). So the diamonds can be taken out & placed back quite easily.

Would Princess Madeleine possibly inherit this tiara upon her parents deaths (since she is the only one I've seen wearing the drops alone), or is it part of the Bernadotte Foundation jewels and therefore passes to Crown Princess Victoria?

RubyPrincess168 said:
Would Princess Madeleine possibly inherit this tiara upon her parents deaths (since she is the only one I've seen wearing the drops alone), or is it part of the Bernadotte Foundation jewels and therefore passes to Crown Princess Victoria?

I think it's part of the Bernadotte Foundation considering its importance and history. The only tiara that isn't part of the Foundation is the fringe tiara that Princess Madeleine wears - which was a 10th anniversary present of the King to Queen Silvia - as a tiara and necklace. Princess Victoria has only worn it as a necklace. Queen Silvia wore it as a tiara just recently, Thailand festivities and her visit to Australia I believe.

-Ayvee

Victoria has worn the necklace, pieces from the Forget-Me-Not/Connaught Diamond Tiara. I'm not sure at which event but she has worn them before. Queen Silvia seems to covet this tiara and the Nine Prong Tiara the most. They seem to be very light and both are gorgeous. I think Victoria would wear this tiara and Madeleine may wear it when she's older. I know Madeleine stands to inherit the only ruby tiara in the SRF's possession.

I am not to sure she is the one to inherit the ruby tiara but i belive there are people that hope she will get it

i think and hope we will see madeleine with some new jewllery at the nobel 2006
do you think we will see a new tiara for madleine in the near future. i thin its time for her to wear some earings with history

The Nobel Prizes have been presented to the laureates at ceremonies on December 10, the anniversary of Alfred Nobel's death. The Ceremony is followed by a banquet at the Stockholm City Hall.

Since the Nobel Prize is regarded by far as the most prestigious prize in the world, the Award Ceremonies as well as the Banquets in Stockholm and Oslo on December 10 have been transformed from local Swedish and Norwegian arrangements into major international events that receive worldwide coverage by the print media, radio and television.

Last year Princess Madeleine and her sister wore different dresses&jewelry at the Nobel ceremony and banquet. Hopefully Swedish royal ladies will wear (new) gorgeous dresses&jewelry this year.

King Carl XVI Gustaf Fringe was worn twice at this nobel gala events both on december 10th and 11th but she got to wear the necklace Victoria often has worn

Josefine said:
iam sorry to say that i cant see the photo: http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8317/a18yx.jpg
i do not think she has worn this necklace before
She sure looks gorgeous here! That necklace compliments the 6-Button tiara well. And she toned down her earrings and brooch as well. I think the 6-Button tiara would make an interesting necklace.
Can anyone photoshop the ruby tiara onto Madeliene's head? I bet she'd look great in it. Red is a good color for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
so i wonder if we will see her in gala gain this jannuary and if she will wear her smaller tiara when was the last time she wore this tiara?

Which tiara is she wearing here? (RD, my site) Why doesn't she wear it again?
What tiaras has she worn besides the 1986 tiara and this one? I think she has worn the Six Buttons tiara, no? Has she also worn the four buttons?
A lot of people here don't like the Four buttons, but I think it's ok with long-hair styles. It only looks weird if the hair is pulled back or up. I'll bet it looks good on Madeleine because she has such a mass of long, thick, wavy hair.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Which tiara is she wearing here? (RD, my site) Why doesn't she wear it again?
She also wore this Tiara in 2002 when she attended the wedding of Märtha-Louise of Norway and Ari Behn.
Tiara
(ANP)

Her_Majesty said:
She also wore this Tiara in 2002 when she attended the wedding of Märtha-Louise of Norway and Ari Behn.
Tiara
(ANP)

Thanks! I learned from another post here that its the aquamarine tiara. I think it's brilliant. Very simple and elegant. I love aquamarines anyway.

About that Connaught tiara-converted-necklace, can this be converted back from tiara to necklace, or is it permanently a necklace now? Does it "belong" to the collection of Queen Silvia now?

The Connaught diamond tiara can be worn as a tiara, in its whole as a grand necklace (Queen Silvia only did so once), and its pendants can be worn on a diamond chain as a smaller necklace (as Princess Madeleine frequently does).
Of course Queen Silvia continues to wear it as a tiara (last time for the 2nd Nobel gala at Stockholm Palace, Dec. 11th 2006); the piece is just convertible and stays intact as a tiara.

I like her choice of jewels for this years Nobel, very simple and elegant.

I think that madeleine looked great

the tiara looks good on her.

i must ask has she not used a tiara this fall?

Tamara at the Glittering Royal Events MB posted a lot of HQ posted of this years Nobel Gala. Looks like Princess Madeleine is wearing what looks like an engagement ring but the setting looks like a very old piece. Does any one if this ring has been worn by Queen Silvia?
Glittering Royal Events Message Board: Re: Nobel festivities 2007 -HQ PHOTOS

I suggest copying these photos to your hard drives since these photos will disappear when the topic disappears from the GREMB.

-Ayvee

CP Victoria was also wearing a ring on the fourth finger of her left hand. I wonder if these are engagment rings or just special little things...

Svensk Damtidning said they're not engagement rings, and I belive they are right. If one or both of them were secretly engaged, they wouldn't make it so obvious by wearing rings in public. We won't see that until after an official announcement of an engagement in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom