Princess Mabel of Oranje-Nassau Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The royal house of Oranje-Nassau seems to be very rich so couldn't it be possible to put some extra diamonds into the empty monture so that they have always that Mabel tiara instead of breaking down the Sapphire Tiara every time they wanted to wear the Mabel Tiara.

Well, it is the only time Mabel wore a tiara at all, so they do not have to break it up that often.
The sapphire parure came with 3 frames. The big one is used most frequently, this frame was never seen before, since the tiara was made in the 19th century.

Is it me or is it true that HRH Princess Mabel of Oranje-Nassau has NOT worn at tiara since her wedding unlike Princess Maxima and Princess Laurentien both have worn tiaras after their weddings

Is it me or is it true that HRH Princess Mabel of Oranje-Nassau has NOT worn at tiara since her wedding unlike Princess Maxima and Princess Laurentien both have worn tiaras after their weddings

Princess maxima and Princess Laurentien also have only worn tiaras when they took part at State Banquets or at royal Events abroad. As Mabel is no member of the Royal House she will not particpate in State Banques and also not atend many Events abroad where tiaras can be worn.
Laurentien has also worn 4 or 5 times a tiara.

Last edited:
do we have a pic of mable wearing a tiara at the King of Norway's 70th birthday ?

what jewllery did she wear in sweden on the crown princess wedding?

i think it was here wedding tiara

Did she attend the wedding concert on June 18th? I don't recall seeing any pictures of her.

Princess Mabel at the wedding:

original images have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright

^ Wow, I didn't know she could wear remarkable jewels. I like all 3 pieces: tiara, necklace and earrings. Somehow they make her face look more feminine, which is good.;)

Did she attend the wedding concert on June 18th? I don't recall seeing any pictures of her.

Princess Mabel at the wedding:

original images have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright

Is this photoshopped??

I found 2 photos of her engagement ring:

1 2

From what I can see, I don't like this ring.

Beautiful earrings and necklace. Though that tiara has got to be one of the worst tiaras I have ever seen.

The diadem is unbeatable is the sparke department, due to the superb carat, cut and clarity of the diamonds, in combination with a very open setting en-tremblant.

Look at the video to see the awesome sparkle, while it was daytime. At no any other royal bride I have seen that sparkle.

See link (it probably will take a while to load).

:flowers:

Love the new (to her) tiara, the earrings are gorgeous and the brooch on the centre of the bow at her left front waist makes the bow look smaller and the pearls bigger. Where would we be if Mabel didn't have a bow? :flowers:

I think whatever it looks like now has got to be a massive improvement on brown diamonds?!

I wouldn't mind to see the brown diamonds once, if they are still in the family. Just out of curiosity as I can not imagine it will look good, but who knows?

The sun ray motif diadem definitely is top in the glitter department. The large diamonds are in a very open setting, set en tremblant, which causes a beautiful glitter. I have seen a video somewhere, I will look for it.

I think this piece needs a “background”. It looks odd in the Swedish wedding (it's like it just pops up from her head) but looks quite nice in her wedding (with the veil) and in the pre abdication dinner (with a updo).

I still don't get how can this piece transform to the Sapphire. Are there two different bases?

For the U.K. State visit, Mabel is wearing the sapphire necklace tiara for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom