Princess Lilian of Sweden Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Marc23--I would suggest checking the Belgium jewels and family threads.

Are there any photos of Princess Lilian at the Nobel Prize Ceremony 2009 last night? I'd love to see her, thanks in advance!

Princess Lilian's health does not allow for her to attend official functions anymore.
The last Nobel Awards ceremony (not the Nobel Peace Prize, awarded in Norway...) she attended was in 2006.

^ Absolutely, Josefine!;) I for one would prefer it as a necklace. It's so beautiful, thanks for posting the link!:flowers:

I do hope Princess Lilian leaves the bulk of her jewels to Victoria, with small momentos for the others. That will ensure they remain with the "main line" of the SRF.

I do hope Princess Lilian leaves the bulk of her jewels to Victoria, with small momentos for the others. That will ensure they remain with the "main line" of the SRF.
It's not very likely that historical pieces which are now owned privately by Princess Lilian will be inherited personally by CP Victoria or her siblings.
They will most probably become part of the Bernadotte Family Foundation, which not only serves the same purpose of keeping them with the main Bernadotte family branch, but actually serves it better.

It's not very likely that historical pieces which are now owned privately by Princess Lilian will be inherited personally by CP Victoria or her siblings.
They will most probably become part of the Bernadotte Family Foundation, which not only serves the same purpose of keeping them with the main Bernadotte family branch, but actually serves it better.

That achieves pretty much the objective I had in mind. :)

Lilian has a few IMO grand earings but there has been talks about them being real or fake.
as there is not many HQ photos of lilian you can always be fouled by photos
but what is your opinion on this does she have fake jewllery when attending for example the nobels?

I don't see anything wrong with wearing fake jewellery, if it looks pretty and Lillian likes it then no problem.
If it looks fakes then maybe not.

Sorry I have no info. Just gotta say that necklace Lillian is wearing is something else! Does anyone know how much something like that would cost today?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the Lillian's necklace was one that Bertil's mother Crown Princess Margaret left to him? It's beautiful. Do any of our expert's know?

i were thinking the only jewllery we have seen worn only by lilian the last years and worn by a other memeber of the family (silvia 2009?) is the queen victoria coursage necklace, would this would mean that it did not belong to lilian

Yes, Queen Viktoria's diamond corsage turned into necklace does belong to the Family Foundation, not to Princess Lilian, who wore is so often.
Queen Silvia also wore the necklace on two occasions in the 1980s.

thank you Boris for that info.

It is sad we do not hear anything about Lilian i know the court has said she as alzheimers, but it would be great to hear she is in farily good healt even wth the alzheimers.
I know she is 96 years old now.

I don't like this tiara at all.It looks unusual to me.

Last edited:
It's too gappy, as is obvious, and not a design that really favors a tiara. It looks like two necklaces strung on frames. And she's wearing the Egyptian scarab necklace, which is certainly an unusual piece.

My Too I Don’t Like This Tiara Not Interesting at all , Thanx For Posting IloveCP .

I have been wondering which jewels prince Bertil inherited from his mother crown princess Margareta. I know he inherited the scarab sautoir and the Boucheron necklace/tiara, but princess Lilian wore so many beautiful old looking pieces and I wonder if any of these were from Margareta.

On the royal jewels of the world message board there is a list of princess Margaret of Connaught's wedding gifts and it mentions from lady Mount Stephan a diamond brooch in three rows with a sapphire centre. Do you think this could be it?
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: More photos
The brooch in the first picture is the one I am wondering about.

Does anyone of you know if princess Lilian ever wore the tiara as a necklace?

It's unusual alright,it looks like 2 laurel wreath tiaras,I wonder if the top part could be detached?

Its actually one necklace, that has been "folded" to form the tiara.

I don't like that tiara at all; I'm sure it looked better as a necklace.

I wonder if CP inherits all her jewels. I have always been under the impression that he was the principal heir of Bertil & Lilian and that she was especially fond of him since he shared so many of her late husbands interests. He certainly inherited her villa in Stockholm from Bertil with only a life interest to Lilian.

I wonder if CP inherits all her jewels. I have always been under the impression that he was the principal heir of Bertil & Lilian and that she was especially fond of him since he shared so many of her late husbands interests. He certainly inherited her villa in Stockholm from Bertil with only a life interest to Lilian.

At Lilian's memoirs it is said that Victoria will inherit the Laurel Wreath Tiara.

Back
Top Bottom