Princess Lilian of Sweden Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When she received the order is not the important here. But the necklace she received from Latvian President during her state visit to Sweden 2005.

Try this link to see the necklace instead:
LSH | Halssmycke

ah, now that your link works, I understand.

That's an...interesting looking necklace. Did she ever wear it in public?

ah, now that your link works, I understand.

That's an...interesting looking necklace. Did she ever wear it in public?

Indeed a very interesting necklace and very nice to see the necklace donated to the Royal Armoury. I can't recall ever seeing pictures of her wearing it. On the other hand her public appearances decreased just some years after this.

Can anyone recall if this necklace was mentioned in the will of Princess Lilian?

Sorry that my link didn't work, I checked it three times when I put it here and it worked for me.
But about the necklace, according to the website it is gilded brass, copy of the original findings from the 1000-1100 centuries from the province of Latgale, Latvia, created by Daumants Kalnins (b. 1943).
The necklace consists of an arcuate, flat rail and five chains with four spherical bells and pendants in the form of trapezoids. The splint is worn around the neck while the chains fall down over the chest. The chains are composed of links, each link consists of two independent rings, and is fixed in with four rings and "eyes". The same eyes are used also to hold the 48 mm long clappers, which are placed in groups of four.

I haven't seen Lilian wearing this necklace, maybe it was too heavy to wear for her, in 2005 she was 90 years old.

Lilian had also this necklace which she didn't use very often
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010100011A14205251391839352

Last edited:
:previous: That is a seriously elegant piece of jewellery. It looks like hanks of white and grey seed pearls twined around each other and finishing in that beautiful large pearl clasp.

I love the way the two colours, white pearls with a blue tinge and grey compliment each other and segue effortlessly into that beautifully set glorious pearl clasp.

I wonder who she willed it to?

:previous: That is a seriously elegant piece of jewellery. It looks like hanks of white and grey seed pearls twined around each other and finishing in that beautiful large pearl clasp.

I love the way the two colours, white pearls with a blue tinge and grey compliment each other and segue effortlessly into that beautifully set glorious pearl clasp.

I wonder who she willed it to?

Everything that was not testamented to anyone else went to Carl Philip. I haven't noticed that necklase among the things she gave away to a specific person so i assume that we might see Sofia wear it sometime

Everything that was not testamented to anyone else went to Carl Philip. I haven't noticed that necklase among the things she gave away to a specific person so i assume that we might see Sofia wear it sometime

The swedish press wrote after the will became public that:
Lilian wrote in his will that all of the property, other than as specified, goes to the royal children. In total there are about 30 million which Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine will share.
Prince Carl Philip also gets all movable property in Villa Solbacken on Djurgården, as Prince Bertil bequeathed to him already when he died in 1997.
I don't think that the jewellery belongs to the movable property, since nothing of them are mentioned at the article. I got the impression that Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine share the rest of the jewellery.
Okände arvingen får stor del av Lilians arv | Nyheter | Expressen
Så fördelas arvet efter prinsessan Lilian | Nyheter | Expressen

Last edited:
Ok maybe i misread it. Yes then the 3 have probably divided up her jewels between each other and we'll have to wait and see who wears what.

Last edited:
:previous: I'd love to know what was in the two jewellery boxes in the London Flat!

These large diamond earrings are so stunning:

1 2 3

Last edited:

In this last picture, I can't tell if the necklace are made up of sapphires or turquoise, but was this part of princess Lilian's personal collection? Or leant to her from the Crown Jewels vault?

In this last picture, I can't tell if the necklace are made up of sapphires or turquoise, but was this part of princess Lilian's personal collection? Or leant to her from the Crown Jewels vault?

It is turquoise but I believe it is costume jewelry. I believe she wore it to the King and Queen's silver wedding anniversary party.

we could not find any turquoise jewllery in the list from her estate after her death

What tiara does lilian wear here?
-deleted Link-

The days its from nobel dinner
Richard feynam got nobel prize 1965

Can this be Lilians second tiara?

I am sorry its not lilian in the photo

Last edited:
What tiara does lilian wear here?
MERIDIANOS: El fantástico Sr. Feynman

The days its from nobel dinner
Richard feynam got nobel prize 1965

Can this be Lilians second tiara?

I don't think the woman at the photo is princess Lilian/Lilian Craig. Was she allowed to attend at the Nobel dinner 11 years before she married prince Bertil?

Last edited:
When it comes to crown jewels, our own wedding rings for us common folk are just as special. So it just takes a mental maturity to gaze at royal jewels without a longing for wealth, prestige and notoriety. With age comes that kind of wisdom. Personally I can see a shiny gemstone rock or a precious metal and not think about wealth or long for what I don't have. However, there is a photo in this thread through a link you need to be 18 years of age or older to view. No offense to those who enlist at like 16 or 17 in some countries. T and A.

Last edited:
Interesing find! Could this be the mysterious 2nd tiara which she left to Victoria? At least it looks like none of the Swedish tiaras I know. But then the angle and lighting of the pic doesn't show it clearly.

The pic must be from the Nobels 1965. I didn't know that Lilian already attended official events in the 1960s. The earliest tiara pic I have seen of her was from the King's 90th birthday in 1972. Are there more tiara pic of her from before that?

I don't think the woman at the photo is princess Lilian/Lilian Craig. Was she allowed to attend at the Nobel dinner 11 years before she married prince Bertil?

Maybe not lilian, i saw the photo on my smartphone
I was so hopeful i found Lilians second tiara loft for victoria

Last edited:
Interesing find! Could this be the mysterious 2nd tiara which she left to Victoria? At least it looks like none of the Swedish tiaras I know. But then the angle and lighting of the pic doesn't show it clearly.

The pic must be from the Nobels 1965. I didn't know that Lilian already attended official events in the 1960s. The earliest tiara pic I have seen of her was from the King's 90th birthday in 1972. Are there more tiara pic of her from before that?

Lilian's first official event is said to have been the king's funeral in 1973, but she attended also at the king's 90th birthday.
But I still say that the woman at that photo isn't princess Lilian/Lilian Craig. She doesn't look like Lilian at all.

Last edited:
I feel a bit foolish.
I should have taken a look on a computer before Posted.

But on my phone it did look like a youngrst lilian with a necklace i thought looked like one of hers....
I am sorry once again

I feel a bit foolish.
I should have taken a look on a computer before Posted.

But on my phone it did look like a youngrst lilian with a necklace i thought looked like one of hers....
I am sorry once again
Well, the caption says that it was Princess Lilian. So other's mistook her before you did:flowers:. I thought she looked a bit unfamiliar, but still believed in the caption.

Which lady could it be?

Well, the caption says that it was Princess Lilian. So other's mistook her before you did:flowers:. I thought she looked a bit unfamiliar, but still believed in the caption.

Which lady could it be?

It can also be some lady-in-waiting. In these photos of Estelle Bernadotte in 1972 IBL writes "ladies-in-waiting" and almost all of them have tiaras.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Or it could be the wife of a marshal of the court. At that time they used to have tiaras. If it is a Bernadotte lady, who? Carl Johan and Sigvard weren't invited to Nobel dinners. And it doesn't look like Karin Bernadotte, Lennart's wife. Or Dagmar von Arbin either.

Last edited:
I don't like the Queen Josephine's necklace. I don't like the shape but i find very interested the design of scarab necklace. Different .

Queen Josephine's stomacher necklace was not Lilian's, but belongs to the Bernadotte collection, iirc. But it certainly was a favourite of her's, it became kind of a signature piece for Lilian.

I quite like the pearl choker with the diamond clasp and dangling pearl. It would be nice to see this worn again by the younger ladies.

Back
Top Bottom