Princess Lalla Salma Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, for those who aren't moroccan it's difficult to understand layla27 post.
and for those who are moroccan, take it this way: it's a question of taste.

it's common for european ladies, princesses or not, to wear chockers. since they wear uncover dress at the top, so it's evident to see their jewel and it's goes well with their type of dress.

with caftan, it's difficult. that's why moroccan don't wear it and it's not common. plus it's true i saw old ladies wear chockers more than young ladies.

imo, chocker isn't appropriate with traditional caftan. it doesn't look nice.

and i don't see what's the relation with a modern king with letting to his wife wear chocker?? does the chocker this days a proof of modernisation :D

...take it this way: it's a question of taste...
imo, chocker isn't appropriate...
Without letting the great choker debate overrun the thread, it must be said that 'questions of taste' and 'inappropriateness' are two quite different things.

In the absence of anything else to criticise Lalla Salma, I suspect the choker has been chosen as the weapon du jour. :D

In the absence of anything else to criticise Lalla Salma, I suspect the choker has been chosen as the weapon du jour. :D
Well you know it's your proper opinion ;)

i'm surprise to hear such comment from a moderator here in this special thread and never in others threads when other princesses are ciriticized about their "errors" in jewel, hair and so.

each time they do mistakes shall we say "it's the weapon du jour"

any way, it's usual salma does mistakes, either wearing modern suits or traditional one. it isn't a surprise that she comes with strange combination often

Wow thanks guys! I thought Salma's choker and earrings were saphires like Diana's set but I guess they're emeralds, very beautiful!

And Mademoiselle Lilo Salma's necklace in your pics, is that a design or an Arabic word?
yes it is an arabic word.it's the name of god in arabic'allah'.

Ok! Now jewelry is also a matter of nationality?!!! I'm just shocked! How can you say such things?!!!

Clymene, don't get on your horses please. Every country has its own styles of jewlery and clothes. Sometimes mixing diffrent styles can be a good idea, others it is not. Usually, only old moroccan ladies wear chokers made out of pearls. Young ladies have other styles that are considered more suitable.
As Zineb said, if you are not moroccan you can get this idea, but to make it more clear, imagine yourself wearing a t-shirt, jeans, baskets and putting a pearly choker on your neck. How would that look to others ?

Haha! Layla, je ne "monte pas sur mes grands chevaux". I'm a Moroccan! And I have seen this kind of jewelry worn by old ladies as well as young ladies more than a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:
lalla salma has some impressive jewelry! the diamond drop earrings and the pearl ones are simply great. i also love the emerald choker.

You are welcome!:flowers: Yes are the same earrings, I think are turquoises no?:rolleyes:
Your avatar it´s too nice.:wub:

yes they are Certainly turquoises and they are so beautiful thanx again:flowers:
i suspect from Beginning they are the same but I was not sur.

lalla selma questions

:rolleyes:Please forgive me, I am new to this forum, I know this is not the right place to ask a couple of questions. But here goes anyway. I have never heard of lalla selma, but I think she is beautiful, and she has gorgeous jewelry. Is she married to King Mohammed VI, why is she not a queen? In the picture posted in an earlier post is King Mohammed VI the one in a caftan and the red hat? Thanks!

lalla salma is the wife of king MOHAMED VI,the first wife of king in morocco who take a public role ever,and even the title of princess,in interview the king mohamed VI say that there is no queen in islam to him( I don't agree).
and yes the men with the red hat and White djellaba is mohamed VI her husband.

You´re welcome Shrifia! I like more the jewels that Salma wore durind Fez Festival 2006?? (she wore pink caftan)

You´re welcome Shrifia! I like more the jewels that Salma wore durind Fez Festival 2006?? (she wore pink caftan)

Fez 2006?! I don't think she Attended maybe you mean 2005?

I think you mean this one and I agree it's pretty the Jewelry
Fez 2005
Fez 2005 (big pic posted by Mademoiselle Lilo)

Last edited:
Clymene, don't get on your horses please. Every country has its own styles of jewlery and clothes. Sometimes mixing diffrent styles can be a good idea, others it is not. Usually, only old moroccan ladies wear chokers made out of pearls. Young ladies have other styles that are considered more suitable.
As Zineb said, if you are not moroccan you can get this idea, but to make it more clear, imagine yourself wearing a t-shirt, jeans, baskets and putting a pearly choker on your neck. How would that look to others ?

Even though it may be out of taste, I like the chokers on Salma. I especially like the emerald and pearl one, she looks very regal and sophisticated like Princess Diana.

The princesses of morocco wear their tiaras only during weddings within the family. During KMuhamed'wedding, they all did.

All of Lalla’s Jewels are perfect. For the sheer size of the earrings and that great necklace the Emerald are my favourite. I have a great picture of the necklace but can not post it because I cant remember the link Sorry (I’m working on this as we speek)

That choker looks like it is diamonds set in platinum, is that correct? It is really pretty.

Back
Top Bottom